Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th September 2021 11:23 AM

Is it really five years since The Cult released that deluxe set for Sonic Temple? Guess so. :lol:

I wonder if they intend touring it every five years?

Justin101 14th September 2021 04:13 PM

I'd like to go to that but it's probably pricey with two headliners.

Susan Foreman 14th September 2021 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 659360)
I'd like to go to that but it's probably pricey with two headliners.

Apparently tickets for Swansea start at £48.90 (subject to a transaction fee of £3.65)

Justin101 15th September 2021 06:37 AM

Glasgow is £55 to £88, too expensive I think, last time I saw Alice the ticket was about £30

Susan Foreman 15th September 2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 659390)
last time I saw Alice the ticket was about £30

£17:50 for Portsmouth in 2000

£25:00 for Southampton in 2008

Susan Foreman 16th September 2021 06:47 AM

"Alice Cooper Partners With Rock & Brews For New “Poison Burger”

Alice Cooper has teamed up with Rock & Brews to create his own burger called the 'Poison Burger.' The sandwich features the frontman’s “Poison” Reaper Hot Sauce and jalapenos and it can be found at various Rock & Brews restaurants around the U.S. Fans who think they can finish the burger are encouraged to share photos on social media with the hashtag #PoisonChallenge. Cooper commented":
“I DARE you to finish a Poison Burger. It’s a great cheeseburger, and it’s MY hot sauce on it and I could barely get through half of it before reaching for the antidote. Unlike my guillotine, the Poison Burger doesn’t pose any mortal danger, but it is NOT for the faint of heart. If this cheeseburger were around Salem in the 1600s, they would have burned the chefs as witches!”

Justin101 16th September 2021 09:35 AM

If anyone wants a pre-sale link for Alice and The Cult let me know and I'll forward the email to you.

Too pricey for me, for a seat where I'd actually be able to see the acts on stage £80+ However, let me know if you want the link, goes on regular sale tomorrow.

Susan Foreman 16th September 2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 659453)
If anyone wants a pre-sale link for Alice and The Cult let me know and I'll forward the email to you.

Too pricey for me, for a seat where I'd actually be able to see the acts on stage £80+ However, let me know if you want the link, goes on regular sale tomorrow.

I don't think I'll be going to this tour

I'm not a big fan of The Cult and the fact that this is a co-headliner tour (with at least one more band to be announced) disappoints me because it means Alice will almost certainly be playing a truncated show

I'm also not sure in what order the bands will be playing - will The Cult go on first, followed by Alice, or will Alice go on first, followed by The Cult, or will the two bands be alternating night after night?

Susan Foreman 18th September 2021 01:46 PM

Alice has just started his latest US tour, with a show held at the Ovation Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey on September 17th

From picture I have seen, the stage set is the same castle that was used for the UK dates on the last (pre-covid) tour. No word on the actual stage show yet, but I would presume it is similar to that tour as well

The setlist was almost identical to the 'Ol' Black Eyes Is Back' tour as well, although a couple of songs were dropped and there were a few new songs from the 'Detroit Stories' album added. It consisted of:

Intro 1: Years Ago
Intro 2: Nightmare Castle
Feed My Frankenstein
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Bed of Nails
Rock & Roll [replacing 'Raped And Freezing']
Fallen in Love
Go Man Go [replacing 'Muscle Of Love']
Under My Wheels
He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
Social Debris [new addition to the set]
I'm Eighteen
Poison
Billion Dollar Babies
Guitar Solo (Nita Strauss)
Roses on White Lace
My Stars
Devil's Food
Black Widow Jam
Steven
Dead Babies
I Love the Dead
Escape
Teenage Frankenstein

Encore:
School's Out (With 'Another Brick In The Wall)

Justin101 18th September 2021 02:24 PM

He always replaces the more interesting songs lol