Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th May 2022 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 671000)
I was waiting for a full and confirmed one before I mentioned it here

All I know at the moment is that The Cult's set included Sun King / Automatic Blues / Sweet Soul Sister / Edie (Ciao Baby) / Rain / Wild Flower / She Sells Sanctuary / Love Removal Machine’ / Revolution, but there must be more than that

If you are interested, the setlist for Creeper was Cyanide / Thorns of Love / Down Below / Midnight / Annabelle

Thanks. That's a very good hits filled set from Astbury and co. It's as much a nostalgia set as Alice's with nothing after 89 listed.

Can't say i know Creeper at all. Although going off the song titles they could actually be Cult songs. :lol:

Susan Foreman 25th May 2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671003)
Can't say i know Creeper at all. Although going off the song titles they could actually be Cult songs. :lol:

Susan Foreman 26th May 2022 10:42 AM

Well, something seems to have gone wrong with the idea of playing some different songs on each night of the UK tour - yesterdays concert at the 02 in London had exactly the same setlist at the show in Swansea!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 670998)
Just out of interest Susan, do you have the set list from The Cult?

The setlist for The Cult at the 02 show was: Sun King / Automatic Blues / Sweet Soul Sister / Soul Asylum / Edie (Ciao Baby) / Aphrodisiac Jacket / Lil' Devil / Wild Flower / Fire Woman / Revolution / Rain / She Sells Sanctuary / Love Removal Machine

Susan Foreman 26th May 2022 11:19 AM

London 02 review at The Up Coming

"Spectators at the O2 Arena whipped out their phones to capture legendary rock star Alice Cooper as he hit the elaborately designed stage in his usual devilish ringmaster get up. The 74-year-old rocker and his lively band went straight into Feed My Frankenstein, joined by a giant monster during the epic guitar solo – two of many monsters and bombastic solos to come.

From there, the band launched into a succession of bangers in ascending chronological order: No More Mr Nice Guy, Bed of Nails, Hey Stoopid, Fallen in Love, broken up by a raw duet between Alice on harmonica and his guitarist, Nita Strauss. This led to a somewhat muddled medley that included tunes from the artist’s latest album, losing the musicians at times and lacking the presence of his more established material.

After a confused end to the first act with a rendition of 1971’s Under My Wheels, the audience was treated to a screaming guitar solo by the intensely charismatic Strauss. The American musician stole the show from the start with her ball-grabbing performance.

It seems like Alice Cooper has always been the same age – a fit 50. This show proved not much has changed, although a multitude of props and an attractive female guitarist helped deflect attention from his own more subdued movements. The rock star saved his best for last, allowing the band to create explosive energy throughout the show. No longer buried in harmonious guitar arrangements, Cooper’s ageless voice shone in his vulnerable rendition of Steven, as well as a powerful rock scream in Escape.

After three acts of wild Halloween-style madness (or “casserole of nonsense” in Cooper’s own parting words), the band burst back onstage to play undying hits Poison and School’s Out. They were accompanied by a confetti canon, giant balloons, a défilé of monsters and dancer (and wife) Sheryl Cooper, who also featured in the production.

A triumphant fusion of Pink Floyd’s Another Brick in the Wall with Cooper’s School’s Out ended the show with a bang. It was testament to the fact that the musicians could easily have held their own without the gaudy theatrical production, which included a huge baby, a ghostly bride, a beheading and numerous outfit changes.

Overall, the ageless rocker and his extravagant show, long postponed due to “the plague”, effortlessly delivered the screaming entertainment Alice Cooper is known for.

4/5 "

Justin101 26th May 2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 671053)
The setlist for The Cult at the 02 show was: Sun King / Automatic Blues / Sweet Soul Sister / Soul Asylum / Edie (Ciao Baby) / Aphrodisiac Jacket / Lil' Devil / Wild Flower / Fire Woman / Revolution / Rain / She Sells Sanctuary / Love Removal Machine

The Cult set list is pretty top notch! I’d have enjoyed that one.

Susan Foreman 28th May 2022 07:54 AM

Concert #3 in Manchester had exactly the same setlist as the previous two shows on the tour!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 671058)
The Cult set list is pretty top notch! I’d have enjoyed that one.

Yeah, me too. Just out of interest this was their set list the only time i've seen them. Supporting Guns N' Roses at Milton Keynes Bowl in 93.

She Sells Sanctuary
Lil' Devil
Gone
Peace Dog
Starchild
The Witch
Wild Flower
Earth Mofo
Fire Woman
Love Removal Machine

The Witch is my fave Cult song so i'm thankful they played that when i saw them but the latest set list blows away the time i saw them. Oddly they played a song - Gone - which was a year away from release and another - Starchild - which was never released.

Susan Foreman 2nd June 2022 06:42 AM

Alice has just finished the UK leg of his latest tour, with a show at the First Direct Arena in Leeds on June 1st. Tonight (June 2nd) he is headlining a festival in Spain before touring Europe between June - July and then it is the latest US tour starting in September

Despite what he had previously said, every UK show featured exactly the same setlist - something which a lot of fans are not happy with!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd June 2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 671314)

Despite what he had previously said, every UK show featured exactly the same setlist - something which a lot of fans are not happy with!!

Unless you are in the very small minority who would go to more than one show, does it really matter?

You'd think people would have more to think about than a 74 year old's set list on his UK tour. They should be grateful he's playing at all and shut the **** up!

Susan Foreman 2nd June 2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 671319)
Unless you are in the very small minority who would go to more than one show, does it really matter?

You'd think people would have more to think about than a 74 year old's set list on his UK tour. They should be grateful he's playing at all and shut the **** up!

But a lot of his fans *do* follow him all over the country when he is on tour. Alice is considered in the same way that Lemmy and Ozzy are - to some people he is a true rock God, and every tour might be the last time that they actually get to see him live - as you say, he is 74 years old and has been in the music industry for 58 of them