Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 12th July 2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 673161)
Sounds like she's joined another band to me.

If she's not playing solo gigs but still playing live then she's obviously got another gig with another band.

I suppose she could have formed a new band.

Rumour has it... she has joined Demi Lovato's touring band

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th July 2022 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 673171)
Rumour has it... she has joined Demi Lovato's touring band

Just a mercenary for hire then. She's hardly going to gain any extra rock credibility doing that. After hearing Lovato's music Strauss will have ninety minutes off most nights unless she plans on becoming a backing vocalist.

Edit - Just listened to her latest song - Skin of my Teeth - which is a change of direction from dance pop to pop punk. At least Strauss will be able to play some riffs on one song. :lol:

Susan Foreman 13th July 2022 10:18 PM

Rumour has it... Kane Roberts is (or will be) back in the touring band

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th July 2022 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 673276)
Rumour has it... Kane Roberts is (or will be) back in the touring band

How strange. When i came to read this i was listening to Winger's second album through headphones, Kip Winger of course being Alice's bass player when Roberts was lead guitarist.

Winger - Baptized by Fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-bEVZWmhz0

In The Heart Of The Young (1990)

Susan Foreman 14th July 2022 06:29 AM

Looks like it's confirmed
""I'm looking forward to welcoming back Kane Roberts for our shows in September and October. We've been friends all this time, and he's always been one of my favorite guitarists. He's bringing more muscle to the Detroit Muscle Tour. We've always had a swinging door policy where players can come and go, so it's very exciting to get back on stage with Kane. The fans are in for a real treat at these shows. It's gonna be a blast. Kane Roberts, Ryan Roxie, and Tommy Henriksen on guitars? Hell yeah!""

Justin101 14th July 2022 07:34 AM

Nita was/is amazing and such an entertainer on the stage but there is a lot to be said about Ryan and Tommy too, it was a very solid band. Be interesting to see Kane though, I wonder if his biceps are a bit smaller now he's MUCH older, his guitar looks tiny on his massive frame.

Susan Foreman 14th July 2022 07:45 AM

Expect the return of the M80 guitar!

Susan Foreman 26th July 2022 09:20 PM

There is a new Alice graphic novel coming from Dynamic Comics

There is no word on what the comic book will be about, although the title - 'Alice Cooper vs. The Prince of Darkness' - probably tells us all we need to know at the moment

Written by Rodney Barnes and with art by Edu Menna, it doesn't seem to have a release date as yet, but presumably it will be near the end of the year

With a background as a screenwriter and producer in Hollywood, Barnes has contributed to 'The Boondocks', 'My Wife and Kids', 'Everbody Hates Chris', Marvel's 'Runaways', 'American Gods', and is currently an executive producer / writer on HBO's 'Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty'. Within comics, he is the creator of the Eisner Award-nominated 'Killadelphia'

Susan Foreman 6th August 2022 11:04 AM

"Somewhat bizarrely Alice has been announced as "special guest" to punk/metal band The Misfits for a show at the Dos Equis Pavillion in Dallas TX on October 29th. The Distillers will open the show, Tickets go on sale next Friday August 12th at 10AM local time."

Susan Foreman 1st September 2022 04:13 PM

Alice is featured in a new American television advert for the SiriusXM radio station