Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 4th October 2022 04:52 PM

New video for 'Under My Wheels', use to promote the 'Live From The Astroturf' release

Susan Foreman 5th October 2022 06:00 PM

Nita made a surprise appearance with Alice Cooper during his show at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colorado on October 4th during 'School's Out'

Susan Foreman 12th October 2022 09:02 AM

The 20th Annual Christmas Pudding charity event in aid of the Solid Rock Teen Centers is due to be held at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix on December 3rd!

Conformed guests include Alice, Sammy Hagar, Rob Zombie, the Gin Blossoms, Six Wire, Wally Palmar and Jim Breuer

Susan Foreman 14th October 2022 07:42 PM

ALICE COOPER Celebrates 50 Years Of "School's Out" With Limited Posters & Cereal Box / Braveworlds

"50 years of no more pencils.
50 years of no more books.
50 years of no more teachers' dirty looks!

Celebrate 50 years of Alice Cooper's phenomenal "School's Out" with these dementedly dazzling 24" x 18" hand-numbered posters... Featuring a learning environment that would only be accredited by Alice

Bathed in a blood-red light, screams of school spirit fill the hallways, and snakes, poisons, swords, and guillotines fill the lockers. Have no class? Proudly display it on your walls! Limited to only 50 prints, do not miss out before School's Out forever!

A maddening neon light blankets the school halls…A rusted locker door rattles, something slithers and hisses…The pungent scent of a strange bubbling liquid wafts through the stale air…Only the mad genius of Alice Cooper could give us nightmares that we love to dream again! Limited to only 30 prints, so hurry and skip class, your teacher will understand!

Ah, and here comes…breakfast!

Toss all those ‘healthy’ cereals in the trash and get this official Alice Cooper: FEED MY FRANKENSTEIN DECORATIVE* CEREAL BOX! Now included for free with every purchase of the official Alice Cooper: WHERE’S Alice Cooper? This box is Alice approved! Sized 5 x 3.5 x 2. It is bursting with references to the twisted world of Alice Cooper. Alice fans, cereal enthusiasts, and every one else will not want to miss this one!

*This is a decorative box and does NOT contain cereal.

The celebration doesn’t end here! Here is a sneak peak of the crazy, creative process that brought this Alice Cooper posters to life!

As long time fans of Alice, we simply had to celebrate the 50th anniversary of School’s Out, but how best to do it and honor the legacy of the album? Graphic designer and resident Fantoons madman Eduardo Braun let his imagination run wild, and before we knew it, we found ourselves exploring the creepy abandoned halls of a derelict school.

What if…Alice Cooper himself brought this school back from the dead? And there it was! We crammed as many references to Alice Cooper’s amazing discography, harder than we ever crammed for any test! Filling the lockers full of “extracurricular activities” that only a deranged principal would approve of.

Lastly, to create a feeling of eerie madness, we worked on a lighting aesthetic that’d best tie all of the imagery together. We bounced back and forth from either a blood-chilling red or a twisted, intense neon. Unable to choose between the two, we said “Well, we got no choice!” We are over the moon to present not one, but two variants of this depraved love-letter (love-poster?) to Alice Cooper. Cheers!"

Susan Foreman 17th October 2022 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What an episode this would have been!

Alice with Matt Smith at the Motor City Comic Con on October 16, 2022

Susan Foreman 19th October 2022 07:50 AM

New interview at Ultimate Classic Rock

"Original Alice Cooper Group Has New Music in the Wings

Since Welcome 2 My Nightmare in 2011, Alice Cooper fans have been delighted to have members of the original band — guitarist Michael Bruce, bassist Dennis Dunaway and drummer Neal Smith — writing and playing with the singer once more, a practice that continued on subsequent releases, Paranormal in 2017 and last year's Detroit Stories. And there's more coming, according to Cooper.

"We're working pretty close right now," Cooper told UCR during a public Q&A at the Motor City Comic Con this past weekend in suburban Detroit. "We wrote, like, 12 songs together" for future projects.

Cooper can't say when we'll be hearing any of it, however, other than that "a real, total Alice Cooper project" is in motion with producer Bob Ezrin that also includes members of his touring band and other collaborators.

"We never know when that stuff's gonna come out if it's going to make the next album or an album after that — it's sort of like putting songs in a bank," Cooper explained. "If I have time off I'll get a call from Bob [Ezrin]: 'I've got an idea for something,' and we just start writing. It's a continuing process. They kind of take on their own life, these things do.

"A lot of times a story happens; I start reading the lyrics and realize, 'Oh, my God, this is a storyline!' I just kind of surprise myself once in awhile, because I didn't set out to make anything be a storyline. We just never stop writing, and we're just trying to write great songs and then see what fits together."

Cooper told the Comic Con audience that working together has "just been a natural thing" for the four musicians (guitarist Glen Buxton died in October 1997) despite a general perception that the 1974 split was acrimonious. "Our band didn't get divorced; we just separated," Cooper explained. "We hit an area after Billion Dollar Babies and School's Out, those were giant records. We did Muscle of Love - that didn't quite get there. It was Top 10, but it wasn't up there like we wanted it to be ... and I felt that the band was disjointed. I thought that maybe we hit our peak." The group subsequently worked on other projects, and when Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare was a Top 5 platinum success in 1975, he continued his solo path, and "the band just dissipated."

"But we always did stay in touch with each other," Cooper noted. "There was no bad blood between us, anybody in the band. They were my best friends. I'd call Dennis up, 'Dennis, I need you to play bass on this.' 'OK, I'll be down there.' 'Neal, play drums on this,' or I'd want to write a song with them. I always like including them, one way or another."

The original lineup has reunited on several occasions, and Live From the Astroturf, documenting the most famous of those reunions, was recently released formally after some Record Store Day-related packages. The show took place Oct. 6, 2015, at Good Records in Dallas and was put together by store owner and Cooper superfan Chris Penn as part of a book signing event for Dunaway's memoir Snakes! Guillotines! Electric Chairs!: My Adventures in the Alice Cooper Group.

"[Penn] was very smart," Cooper recalled, noting that his regular touring band "had just done a show in Dallas and we had a day off. So he brought Dennis and Neal and Mike into his record store to do a signing, and they were gonna do a couple songs. They called me up and I said, 'Yeah, I'll come down, do a couple of songs.' We did, like, an hour and it ends up being on a record, and it's a video and now it's a whole thing. It was really just impromptu. We had no rehearsal. We just went up and played and it sounded great.

"That band is totally different than my stage band. They have a totally different attitude.""

Susan Foreman 24th October 2022 12:19 PM

The Hollywood Vampires UK tour dates 2023 with support from Seether and The Tubes (although The Tubes are NOT at Scarborough):

JULY

Scarborough, Open Air Theatre - Wed 5th
Swansea, Swansea Arena - Fri 7th
Manchester, AO Arena - Sat 8th
London, The O2 - Sun 9th
Birmingham, Utilita Arena - Tue 11th
Glasgow, OVO Hydro - Wed 12th

Susan Foreman 31st October 2022 07:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A 2002 menu from the Cooperstown restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona

Susan Foreman 3rd November 2022 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)