Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

applecore 20th January 2014 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 388234)
Forgot about the Leppard tour.:doh:

Alice varies in venue size around the UK. His 2011 tour with New York Dolls took in arenas and theatres.

Anyway it matters not. Both acts are great and Motley have given themselves serious competition and the fans a fantastic bill.

Definitely. I'm quite jealous (though I'd much rather see Alice headlining as both times I've seen Crue they've been disappointing).

Also, regarding The Last Temtation comic, a sample page..

Jani 20th January 2014 04:28 PM

I don't care about Crüe, but I'm a big Alice fan, seen his show I think 7 times in Finland now.

tele1962 20th January 2014 07:57 PM

If you people can get your hands on this one from the Billion Dollar Babies you wont be disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dilrC__7x1g

Susan Foreman 21st January 2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tele1962 (Post 388365)
If you people can get your hands on this one from the Billion Dollar Babies you wont be disappointed.

For those who don't know, the band Billion Dollar Babies were a group put together by original ALice Cooper Band members Neal Smith, Dennis Dunaway and Michael Bruce in 1977, after it became clear that Alice wasn't going to return to the original band after the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' album.

The album 'Battle Axe' features material that was originally written for the follow up to 'Muscle Of Love'.

Susan Foreman 22nd January 2014 10:30 AM

The original ALice Cooper Band cover The Beatles in 1972

Warning - It's VERY rough!

Alice Cooper - Hard Days Night Live 1972 - YouTube

Susan Foreman 24th January 2014 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In keeping with the kind of picture certain cult members always seem to post!

Susan Foreman 29th January 2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 388174)
To start with, it seems that Uncle Alice is going to be the 'special guest' on Motley Crue's "farewell" tour

The dates announced for the Crue tour are all in the US and Canada, running between July and November, 2014.

From what I am led to believe, Alice is to be the special guest on ALL these shows

Before those dates, Alice is due to appear on the 'Rock Meets Classic Tour', which runs from Mar 9th - Apr 5th, but this tour is ONLY in Germany.

May 30th - June 5th feature more dates in Germany and a couple in Scandinavia

Looks like there is going to be very little Alice live activity in the UK this year

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th January 2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 389595)
The dates announced for the Crue tour are all in the US and Canada, running between July and November, 2014.

From what I am led to believe, Alice is to be the special guest on ALL these shows

Before those dates, Alice is due to appear on the 'Rock Meets Classic Tour', which runs from Mar 9th - Apr 5th, but this tour is ONLY in Germany.

May 30th - June 5th feature more dates in Germany and a couple in Scandinavia

Looks like there is going to be very little Alice live activity in the UK this year

Alice is onto a winner here.

Just read all the Crue stuff about their final tour and Alice is special guest on all 77 dates. He was there onstage in Vegas when the Crue final tour contracts were signed so he really is part of proceedings, rather than a hired hand.

Basically Alice is onto a winner because 77 dates in the US / Canada is a lot. Its also something he doesn't have to organize, plus with the hype starting now its bound to be selling out arenas constantly therefore he should regain a lot of fans Stateside.

I hope the tour comes over here next year. Lets pray it doesn't snow as our roofs may not be able to cope.

The cynical side of me says that whilst Crue will not tour again they will probably do one off shows.

Susan Foreman 31st January 2014 10:14 AM

For unknown reasons, it seems that Alice will NOT be appearing at the Hollywood, FL and Syracuse, NY shows with Mutley Crow

It has also been announced that the forthcoming Alice Cooper documentary, 'Super Duper Alice Cooper', directed by Sam Dunn (Metal: A Headbangers Journey', 'Iron Maiden: Flight 666', 'Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage') will premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival which runs between April 16th and 27th in New York.

Susan Foreman 3rd February 2014 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The infamous chicken incident, at the Toronto Rock N' Roll Revival Show on September 13th, 1969

For those who do not know the story, Alice claims that the infamous "Chicken Incident" at the Toronto Rock and Roll Revival concert in September 1969 was an accident. A chicken somehow made its way onto the stage and not having any experience around farm animals, he presumed that, because the chicken had wings, it would be able to fly.

He picked it up and threw it out over the crowd, expecting it to fly away. The chicken instead plummeted into the first few rows occupied by disabled people in wheelchairs, who reportedly proceeded to tear the bird to pieces. The next day the incident made the front page of national newspapers, who reported that he had bitten off the chicken's head and drunk its blood on stage

Frank Zappa, who was the bands producer at the time, told Alice not to deny this story because he said you can't buy this type of publicity!