Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487051)



Beavis and Butthead hated them, and so did Metallica!



Hmm! Two cartoon idiots....oh and four more cartoon idiots who haven't made a decent album for 25 years.

Susan Foreman 27th April 2016 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The new tour, entitled 'Spend The Night With Alice Cooper' starts on Friday (April 29th) in Boloxi, MI

Alice has said that he will be playing some songs he has not played for some time. He has also stated that he has been re-watching the 'Welcome To My Nightmare' tour video, and he is going to be bringing back some of the theatrics that were used in that tour. I know one of these props will be 'the toy box'!

*Note - the guy in the picture who isn't holding the guitar is Ryan Roxie

Susan Foreman 29th April 2016 02:56 PM

Rumour has it...this is the set list for the new tour:
  • Intro tape (Years Ago)
  • Freedom (curtain drops- pops out of toy box w/ riding crop)
  • I'm 18 (crutch)
  • Be My Lover
  • Nothing's Free
  • No More Mr Nice Guy (cane)
  • Under My Wheels
  • In touch with your feminine side (spotlight w/Nita)
  • Cold Ethyl (w/ doll)
  • Desperado (w/ snake)
  • Killer
  • Steven
  • Only Women Bleed (in straight jacket)
  • Pick up the Bones
  • Guillotine/I Love the Dead
  • He's Back
  • Feed My Frankenstein (FrankenAlice)
  • The World Needs Guts
  • Poison
  • Hollywood Vampires Medley (covers of songs originally recorded by David Bowie, The Who, Motorhead, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles and The Doors)
  • School's Out

Should know soon how true/accurate this is

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487749)
Rumour has it...this is the set list for the new tour:
  • Intro tape (Years Ago)
  • Freedom (curtain drops- pops out of toy box w/ riding crop)
  • I'm 18 (crutch)
  • Be My Lover
  • Nothing's Free
  • No More Mr Nice Guy (cane)
  • Under My Wheels
  • In touch with your feminine side (spotlight w/Nita)
  • Cold Ethyl (w/ doll)
  • Desperado (w/ snake)
  • Killer
  • Steven
  • Only Women Bleed (in straight jacket)
  • Pick up the Bones
  • Guillotine/I Love the Dead
  • He's Back
  • Feed My Frankenstein (FrankenAlice)
  • The World Needs Guts
  • Poison
  • Hollywood Vampires Medley (covers of songs originally recorded by David Bowie, The Who, Motorhead, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles and The Doors)
  • School's Out

Should know soon how true/accurate this is

It would be great to have these played.

Susan Foreman 29th April 2016 03:51 PM

I would rather have 'Teenage Frankenstein' than 'Feed My Frankenstein' and I'm surprised that 'Elected' is not in the (suggested) set, seeing as the American elections are in full swing

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487764)
I would rather have 'Teenage Frankenstein' than 'Feed My Frankenstein' and I'm surprised that 'Elected' is not in the (suggested) set, seeing as the American elections are in full swing

When i first read the set list i saw it as Teenage rather than Feed my. :lol:

Perhaps we could put in an impassioned plea for the rather wonderful Roses on White Lace.

Susan Foreman 29th April 2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 487765)
Perhaps we could put in an impassioned plea for the rather wonderful Roses on White Lace.

The entire 'serial killer trilogy' from RYFAY is truly the high spot of the album for me

There was a LOT of controversy about those songs when they were performed on the tour tho!

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487769)
The entire 'serial killer trilogy' from RYFAY is truly the high spot of the album for me

Agreed. That and Freedom and Prince of Darkness.

Justin101 29th April 2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487505)
The new tour, entitled 'Spend The Night With Alice Cooper' starts on Friday (April 29th) in Boloxi, MI

I'm still waiting for non-festival UK dates :D

Susan Foreman 30th April 2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 487749)
Rumour has it...this is the set list for the new tour:

Should know soon how true/accurate this is

VERY wide of the mark!

Apparently THIS was the setlist played last night at Biloxi on the opening night of the tour:
  • Vincent Price Intro
  • Black Widow
  • Public Animal #9
  • No More Mr Nice Guy
  • Under My Wheels
  • Is It My Body
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Long Way To Go
  • Poison
  • Halo of Flies
  • Feed My Frankenstein
  • Cold Ethyl
  • Only Women Bleed
  • Guilty
  • The Ballad Of Dwight Fry
  • Killer/Love The Dead
  • Pinball Wizard (The Who cover)
  • Love me two Times (The Doors cover)
  • Fire (Hendrix cover)
  • Suffragette City (Bowie cover)
  • I'm 18
  • Schools Out/Another Brick In The Wall
  • Elected

No word (as yet) to what theatrics were used


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.