Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th November 2016, 07:36 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
According to reviews, Nita Strauss is supposed to be a bit of a 'wow' when it comes to performing live
The musicians in the band normally don't get a solo spot but it appears Nita's one has become a regular part of the set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Beasto Blanco, a new band featuring Calico Cooper and Chuck Garric, who has played bass with Alice since 2003
Quote:
I'd like to hear an original song of theirs

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th November 2016, 01:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Really like that. A good modern metal song, nice and heavy as well as catchy, i can imagine driving listening to that. Very much in the Rob Zombie style but with southern rock hints of the likes of Black Label Society.

Not sure what Calico adds to that song above looking sexy. Maybe she enhances the backing vocals to give them that catchier less formulaic edge.

Anyways i'll be getting the album.
Old 14th November 2016, 02:27 PM
Cult Master

The first European show of 2017 appears to have been announced. Alice is due to appear at the Fezen Festival in Hungary on August 3rd

Hopefully there will be some UK dates around this time, if not sooner

Old 14th November 2016, 02:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
The first European show of 2017 appears to have been announced. Alice is due to appear at the Fezen Festival in Hungary on August 3rd

Nice to see the old Constrictor logo being used. It was always my favourite.
Old 14th November 2016, 04:14 PM
Cult Veteran

Fingers crossed for some UK dates, I'm determined not to miss him this time around.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th November 2016, 03:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Another new date announcement - May 6th in Durant, Oklahoma

Maybe this means the first half of the year will be spent in the US, and the second half will be 'the rest of the world'!

Old 17th November 2016, 04:56 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Maybe this means the first half of the year will be spent in the US, and the second half will be 'the rest of the world'!
I'd prefer it if he stopped touring and made a new album, either on his own or with the Hollywood Vampires.

Hopefully when Aerosmith finish next year Joe Perry can be a full time Vampire.
Old 17th November 2016, 06:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
I'd prefer it if he stopped touring and made a new album, either on his own or with the Hollywood Vampires.
There are rumours about a new album, but nothing concrete as yet. In an interview with 'My Statesman', it's reported:

"More recently, Alice stirred a buzz among longtime fans when reports hinted he was writing new songs with his surviving original band members who produced such classic 1970s albums as “Love It to Death,” “Killer,” “School’s Out,” “Billion Dollar Babies” and “Muscle of Love.”

“I said, ‘If we could actually rebirth the sound of “Killer” or “Love It to Death,” I would be very interested (in writing and recording),” Alice said. “We’ve always been on a very good, professional relationship. I said, ‘Let’s send some of this to (legendary producer) Bob Ezrin and see what we’ve got.’ It’s really an experiment at this point, and we’re not sure if anything will come of it, but we’re gonna spend some time in September going through these songs and see if we can get some hooks.”"

Alice Cooper promises rock, shock and stitches at ACL Live show | www.mystatesman.com

It's also been reported during a radio interview with Mitch Lafon that Tommy Henriksen, Nita Strauss and Glen Sobel from the current band are working on a record.

Quotes from the interview:

Tommy Henriksen -The next new Alice Cooper record: "Alice is talking about records all the time. I know that there is a process right now going on - putting a new Alice Cooper record together, so we'll see what happens."

Nita Strauss - solo album recording process: "It's going really really well. The first track is going to be released January 20th via Steve Vai's label Favored Nations. It's a compilation called 'She Rocks' - it's myself, Jennifer Batten, Orianthi and a bunch of other female guitar players showcasing the female side of shred."

Tommy Henriksen - the upcoming 'Alice Cooper band' album (without Alice): "It's actually finished. We're just sitting on it. We recorded it in all the hotel rooms."

1on1 Mitch Lafon - 266 Alice Cooper's band

How much of this is true and how much is 'Alice rhetoric' remains to be seen!

Old 19th November 2016, 02:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:

Quote:

Interesting - more new date: July 24th in Oslo, Norway and August 2nd in Dresden, Germany

That's three single dates in European countries between the end of July and the start of August. I hope there isn't going to be a single UK festival date to tie in with these

Old 19th November 2016, 03:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Interesting - more new date: July 24th in Oslo, Norway and August 2nd in Dresden, Germany

That's three single dates in European countries between the end of July and the start of August. I hope there isn't going to be a single UK festival date to tie in with these
Bloodstock? Aug 10th - 13th.

Like this? Share it using the links below!