LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2017, 03:04 PM
Cult Master

To commemorate today's date

SymbioticFunction likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 18th January 2017, 07:20 PM
Cult Master

Nita Struass has released a new video for the instrumental 'Pandemonium' from the 'She Rocks, Vol.1' compilation being put together by Steve Vai and set to be released on January 20th

She says: "As you guys may or may not know by now, for the past year or so I've been focusing on writing and putting my band together, and while I always thought about making a solo album, I thought my energy would be better spent right now focusing on giving the band my all and making those songs as great as they could be

But when Steve Vai asked if I'd be a part of this compilation, you better believe I jumped at the chance!!!! I've always loved instrumental guitar music, and to step into this world for the first time and get to do it on 'Favored Nations Entertainment' alongside the other badass girls on the She Rocks album, is an honor and a privilege

I'm extremely grateful to Steve Vai, Brad Tolinski and Laura B. Whitmore for including me on this compilation!! And I have a feeling this isn't the last instrumental music I'll be writing."

Old 27th January 2017, 05:25 PM
Cult Master

If you are undecided about where to go on holiday this year, Alice is playing the Lokeren Festival in Belgium on August 6th. Also on the bill that day are Megadeth and Marilyn Manson

Home - Lokerse Feesten 2017

Old 27th January 2017, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Have you seen the doco, Supermensch, about Alice's manager, Shep Gordon, Suzi? It's brilliant - well worth a watch and it's on Netflix at the mo', if you have it.
Old 28th January 2017, 08:42 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@TheOverlook View Post
Have you seen the doco, Supermensch, about Alice's manager, Shep Gordon, Suzi? It's brilliant - well worth a watch and it's on Netflix at the mo', if you have it.
Hi Paul

I've heard good things about this film, but no - I haven't seen it as yet
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.

Old 30th January 2017, 01:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

It's a great film - one one those docos that leaves you beaming after!
Old 30th January 2017, 04:13 PM
Cult Master

It's been announced that Alice is to be special guest on the American leg of Deep Purple's "Long Goodbye" tour. The Edgar Winter Group are also to be on the bill

The press release for this tour runs: "Music history will be made when DEEP PURPLE and ALICE COOPER, joined by special guest THE EDGAR WINTER BAND, visit 19 cities across America this summer on an epic rock tour. Produced by Live Nation, the tour will also serve as the "Long Goodbye" tour for DEEP PURPLE, and begins Saturday, August 12 in Las Vegas, with stops in Los Angeles, Boston, including Cooper's hometown of Detroit, and more.

Tickets go on sale Friday, February 3 at LiveNation.com and on the Live Nation app. American Express card members can take advantage of a special pre-sale opportunity beginning on Wednesday, February 1 at 12:00 p.m. local time. On Thursday, February 2 at 10:00 a.m. local time, there will also be pre-sales via LiveNation.com, the Live Nation app and on Facebook.

DEEP PURPLE's studio album, "InFinite", is set for release April 7 via earMUSIC. Produced by the legendary Bob Ezrin, (PINK FLOYD, ALICE COOPER, KISS), "InFinite" features 10 new tracks recorded with no musical boundaries in the spirit of the '70s. The metal pioneers have released five studio albums since 1996, augmented by an abundance of solo work and special projects from members Ian Gillan, Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Steve Morse and Don Airey. Fans will be thrilled as they cover decades of favorites for this run.

Alice Cooper brings his own brand of rock psycho-drama to fans both old and new. Known as the architect of shock-rock, Cooper has rattled the cages and undermined the authority of generations of guardians of the status quo. Alice's catalog of hits and anthems, including "I'm Eighteen", "No More Mr Nice Guy", "School's Out", "Elected", "Poison", and others, are featured in his live show, along with a mix of newer songs and fan-favorite album cuts. Alice's touring band features the three-guitar attack of Nita Strauss, Tommy Henriksen and Ryan Roxie, backed by longtime bassist Chuck Garric and drummer Glen Sobel.

Edgar Winter has been celebrated across the globe since his 1970 solo debut, "Entrance". With over twenty albums, top hits "Frankenstein" and "Free Ride", and numerous collaborative efforts to his credit, Edgar Winter has not been satisfied to ride the wave of popular music stardom. His music is always evolving and he is a master at stretching his skill and imagination to produce amazing results. He continues to thrill audiences with his live performances, always remaining on the cutting edge of music and style. Edgar is now at the very top of his game, and his future looks even brighter than his past.

Tour dates:

Aug. 12 - The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas - Las Vegas, Nevada
Aug. 13 - Greek Theatre - Los Angeles, California
Aug. 15 - Ak-Chin Pavilion - Phoenix, Arizona
Aug. 16 - Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Aug. 18 - The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion - Woodlands, Texas
Aug. 19 - Starplex Pavilion - Dallas, Texas
Aug. 23 - Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow, Virginia
Aug. 24 - BB&T Pavilion - Camden, New Jersey
Aug. 26 - Jones Beach Theater - Wantagh, New York
Aug. 27 - Xfinity Center - Mansfield, Massachusetts
Aug. 28 - PNC Bank Arts Center - Holmdel, New Jersey
Aug. 30 - Klipsch Music Center - Noblesville, Indiana
Sep. 01 - KeyBank Pavilion - Burgettstown, Pennsylvania
Sep. 02 - Budweiser Stage - Toronto, Ontario, Canada"
Justin101 likes this.

Old 30th January 2017, 04:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

What a pity we don't get that tour.
Old 30th January 2017, 04:55 PM
Cult Master

Problem is, it'll be like the Motley Crue tour, where Alice plays a 40 - 60 minute 'greatest hits' set

Old 30th January 2017, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Problem is, it'll be like the Motley Crue tour, where Alice plays a 40 - 60 minute 'greatest hits' set
Looks like a joint tour going off that poster rather than a special guest slot

Like this? Share it using the links below!