Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:52 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'd be happy if it's similar to that in November. Some good songs there. Lost In America though... perhaps not haha
He could replace Lost in America with Freedom over here.
Old 22nd April 2017, 01:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
  • Brutal Planet
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • Under My Wheels
  • Lost In America
  • Pain
  • Welcome To My Nightmare
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Long Way To Go
  • The World Needs Guts
  • Woman of Mass Distraction
  • Poison
  • Halo Of Flies
  • Feed my Frankenstein
  • Cold Ethyl
  • Only Women Bleed
  • Escape
  • The Ballad Of Dwight Fry
  • Killer/I Love the Dead
  • Schools Out
  • I'm 18
  • Elected
Nice to see the inclusion of Pain, Long Way To Go, The World Needs Guts & Escape. Four very good tracks that are rarely played live nowadays. Would much rather have more atypical songs than a covers section.

Hopefully there will be another AC live blu-ray arriving fairly soon. btw Am still hoping/waiting for a Welcome To My Nightmare bd (easily the best AC show that I have seen on dvd/blu-ray).
Old 22nd April 2017, 02:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just ordered the cd/blu-ray combo of Live From Wacken.

Been meaning to pick it up for ages but was waiting for a substantial price drop. 18 pounds (including delivery) is the cheapest that I could find it. Ordered it anyway as I was concerned that the blu-ray option would go out of print.

I won't be seeing AC on his 2017 UK tour dates so this is probably the next best thing. I already know that the dvd or blu-ray omit the covers of Revolution and Foxy Lady (and also The Underture intro track) with quite a blatant edit - anyone know the reason for that??

btw Currently listening to Killer. Classic lp and my favourite album with the original band.
Old 22nd April 2017, 05:39 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Just ordered the cd/blu-ray combo of Live From Wacken.

Been meaning to pick it up for ages but was waiting for a substantial price drop. 18 pounds (including delivery) is the cheapest that I could find it. Ordered it anyway as I was concerned that the blu-ray option would go out of print.

I won't be seeing AC on his 2017 UK tour dates so this is probably the next best thing. I already know that the dvd or blu-ray omit the covers of Revolution and Foxy Lady (and also The Underture intro track) with quite a blatant edit - anyone know the reason for that??

btw Currently listening to Killer. Classic lp and my favourite album with the original band.
From what I have heard, the producers of the DVD/Blu-Ray were unable to get clearance for either 'Revolution' or 'Foxy Lady' for the release

Strange thing is, they both appear on the CD version (which was released with the DVD/Blu-Ray)

Maybe there are different rules for the use of visual footage and audio footage
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd April 2017, 08:51 PM
Cult Master

The 'Schools Out' single as originally sent out to American radio stations

Note instruction: 'Play Only At Night'!!

Old 22nd April 2017, 10:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
From what I have heard, the producers of the DVD/Blu-Ray were unable to get clearance for either 'Revolution' or 'Foxy Lady' for the release

Strange thing is, they both appear on the CD version (which was released with the DVD/Blu-Ray)

Maybe there are different rules for the use of visual footage and audio footage
Yes, it is strange.

Shame really, I would have really liked the full gig in it's entirety (including intro track). Will still enjoy it despite that issue. This will be my 3rd AC blu-ray after Live At Montreux (2005) and Theatre of Death (2009).

I love watching the crystal-clear picture quality of these modern day AC blu-rays on my 50" 1080p television (from 6 feet away), is almost like being in the concert audience.

Haven't picked up the US Good To See You Again bd for two reasons: I've read that it is an upscale and more importantly, don't know if it will play on my region b blu-ray player. Anyone know?

I'm also yet to see the Super Duper documentary, to be honest, found it really tough to get excited about and was annoyed when I heard that Michael Bruce was excluded - is it any good and worth picking up?
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 23rd April 2017, 05:03 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Haven't picked up the US Good To See You Again bd for two reasons: I've read that it is an upscale and more importantly, don't know if it will play on my region b blu-ray player. Anyone know?
I don't know about the Blu-Ray, but there is a version of the DVD which is region 2

Good To See You Again, Alice Cooper

The concert is recommended, the comedy film...less so!
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Old 23rd April 2017, 08:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
I'm also yet to see the Super Duper documentary, to be honest, found it really tough to get excited about and was annoyed when I heard that Michael Bruce was excluded - is it any good and worth picking up?

Because of who the film maker is (the guy who did Metal Evolution, Flight 666 and the Rush film) I was really excited for this but it was just ok. I know it's DVD only, but Prime Cuts is much better when it come to a bio of Alice Cooper.

Having said that though, I only watched it once when it came out and I was thinking recently that I want to give it another go. Prime Cuts on the other hand I've watched loads of times.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd April 2017, 08:51 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Because of who the film maker is (the guy who did Metal Evolution, Flight 666 and the Rush film) I was really excited for this but it was just ok. I know it's DVD only, but Prime Cuts is much better when it come to a bio of Alice Cooper.

Having said that though, I only watched it once when it came out and I was thinking recently that I want to give it another go. Prime Cuts on the other hand I've watched loads of times.
Pretty much agree with that. Most of the information it contained was already known to me, and it seemed to end very abruptly

It's good to have if you are a completest, but probably not worth getting for the die-hard fan

Old 23rd April 2017, 12:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Actually ended up watching Super Duper late last night. I found a free copy being streamed. Wasn't that impressed to be honest. Whilst I did appreciate the candour of drug use finally being talked about, I thought that the Prime Cuts and Behind The Music documentaries were superior. Wasn't very fond of SDAC's heavy use of stock photos and footage which accompanied the voiceovers. Not something which I want to pick up but I am glad to have finally seen it.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!