Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2017, 01:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched my Live At Wacken blu-ray yesterday, my copy actually ended up arriving from Germany.

At counter reading 1 hr 16 mins 54 secs (during Poison), there is a horizontal line fault that appears on screen.

Was wondering if this is universal on all Live At Wacken blu-rays, or if it's just on the German variant. Or if the dvd has the same issue.

Could anyone with this blu-ray please check to see if their copy does the same? Any response greatly appreciated.
Old 6th May 2017, 02:27 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Watched my Live At Wacken blu-ray yesterday, my copy actually ended up arriving from Germany.

At counter reading 1 hr 16 mins 54 secs (during Poison), there is a horizontal line fault that appears on screen.

Was wondering if this is universal on all Live At Wacken blu-rays, or if it's just on the German variant. Or if the dvd has the same issue.

Could anyone with this blu-ray please check to see if their copy does the same? Any response greatly appreciated.
I've only got the DVD version, which I have watched a few times, and I've not noticed anything. How long is this 'fault' on screen for, and is it obvious, or do you have to hunt for it?

In other news, it seems that both 'Long Way To Go' and 'Elected' have been dropped from the live set; 'Woman Of Mass Distraction' is now followed by a Nita guitar solo and 'Halo Of Flies' contains a drum solo

Lastly, it would appear that the Spider Eyes make-up is back

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th May 2017, 04:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I've only got the DVD version, which I have watched a few times, and I've not noticed anything. How long is this 'fault' on screen for, and is it obvious, or do you have to hunt for it?
Hi Susan, thanks for responding.

I had a look at youtube and there was a video which shows exactly the same thing so I'm guessing that it's not an actual disc authoring mistake but a glitch with the HD camera that they were using.

But just to ease my state of mind, could you please check your dvd copy to see if it does the same. The fault happens at 2 mins 37 secs of this youtube video, just before AC says "Raise your hands if you're poison":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7LFofJMo8

Thanks.
Old 7th May 2017, 05:11 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Hi Susan, thanks for responding.

I had a look at youtube and there was a video which shows exactly the same thing so I'm guessing that it's not an actual disc authoring mistake but a glitch with the HD camera that they were using.

But just to ease my state of mind, could you please check your dvd copy to see if it does the same. The fault happens at 2 mins 37 secs of this youtube video, just before AC says "Raise your hands if you're poison":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7LFofJMo8

Thanks.
I have just checked my copy of 'Live At Wacken', and the glitch DOES appear in the song 'Poison', but it's possibly slightly earlier than it occurs on the Blu-Ray version

On the DVD, it happens when Alice sings "I Don't Wanna Break These Chains" just before the 'Raise your hands if you're poison' line
SymbioticFunction likes this.

Old 7th May 2017, 01:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I have just checked my copy of 'Live At Wacken', and the glitch DOES appear in the song 'Poison', but it's possibly slightly earlier than it occurs on the Blu-Ray version

On the DVD, it happens when Alice sings "I Don't Wanna Break These Chains" just before the 'Raise your hands if you're poison' line
Thanks for checking Susan. That's where it actually happens on the bd as well. I'm glad that it's a fault with the camera rather than a blu-ray authoring fault.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 10th May 2017, 04:34 AM
Cult Master

Starting to get more information about the new album

Two song titles have been announced:

I’ve Fallen in Love and I Can’t Get Up. Alice says: "After we cut the record I said, ‘If BIlly Gibbons doesn’t play on this, we shouldn’t put this one out, because it is just so him. And [when] he got the record, he said, ‘I got the flu, but, man, this song makes me feel better.’ He just killed it."

I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl. Alice says: "It was going to be ‘I Want a Genuine American Girl’ … and I went, ‘No, no, no, ‘I Wanna Be a Genuine American Girl!’ It’s really a tough song, it’s this guy going “I gotta paint my nails, gotta do my hair …"

It has also been revealed that Neal Smith, Michael Bruce and Dennis Dunaway, from the original ACG, helped write and will perform on three songs on the album

In connected news, it's been stated that Johnny Depp is due to film five movies in 2017, enabling him to take all of 2018 off. It is expected that this break will allow The Hollywood Vampires to record a follow-up to their 2015 album, consisting of original songs, and then for them to undertake a world tour

U2, ZZ Top Stars To Appear on Alice Cooper's Upcoming 'Paranormal' Album

Old 11th May 2017, 02:12 PM
Cult Master

More new album info...

‘Paranormal’ will be released on Friday 28th July on the earMUSIC label. It'll be released as a 2xCD Digipak, 2xLP vinyl, a Limited Box Set and on Digital format

Containing 12 tracks, the album will also feature a very special bonus CD - a mini-album consisting of three brand new songs written and recorded with the remaining members of the original ACG, and some additional live recordings

The latest 'guest artist' to be featured on the album, alongside Larry Mullen Jr (U2) Billy Gibbons (ZZTop) is Roger Glover (Deep Purple)

Alice Cooper announces 27th studio album 'Paranormal' ft. Deep Purple, ZZ Top and U2 stars - Planet Rock
Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.

Old 14th May 2017, 05:46 AM
Cult Master

Amazon UK has got pre-order listings for 'Paranormal'

4-Disc CD Box Set - £26.99

2 Disc CD - £12.64

2 Disc Vinyl - £19.38

Old 14th May 2017, 08:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

£20.60 at the moment. I've placed an order and I'll re-evaluate when I find out what's on the other 2 discs!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th May 2017, 12:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just been reading about the double cd option. It will be a 12 track Paranormal cd and a "mini-album" cd comprising of 3 new studio tracks (and some live tracks) with the original Alice Cooper group. I wonder what the four disc variant will consist of?

Like this? Share it using the links below!