Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 26th October 2014 07:52 AM

BBC4 is showing the 'Brutally Live' concert at midnight on Friday 31st Oct/Saturday 1st Nov

"The rocker's inimitable stage show, filmed at the Hammersmith Apollo, London, in July 2000, in support of his album Brutal Planet. The musician combines his distinct brand of rock and theatre with the use of elaborate props to unsettle and surprise his audience. His trademark demonic style is manifested with his famous costumes and sets that include a guillotine, a werewolf baby, pools of fake blood and thick black eye makeup."

It's a very good show, but I wish they would pick up the 'Theatre Of Death' show, and screen that!

Susan Foreman 18th November 2014 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It has been announced that Alice will be returning to Hellfest in France for the festival which takes place between 19th and 21st June in Clisson.

Headliners across the weekend appear to be Slipknot, Scorpions and Faith No More so it looks like he will have a special guest slot.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th November 2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 425771)
It has been announced that Alice will be returning to Hellfest in France for the festival which takes place between 19th and 21st June in Clisson.

Headliners across the weekend appear to be Slipknot, Scorpions and Faith No More so it looks like he will have a special guest slot.

Apart from Rise Against, that's one killer line up. :rockon:

troggi 18th November 2014 04:26 PM

The cheapo DAB radio in the kitchen crevice of the cave here is permanently tuned to Planet Rock so that when I go to make Pearl's nightly cocoa I don't have to tune it in to listen to the "Nights with Alice Cooper" show. It's easily the best show on radio since Rick Wakeman stopped doing his Saturday afternoon show. Al Murray's "Defender of the Planet Rock Tradition" on a Sunday afternoon is good too but Alice is on another level entirely!

Susan Foreman 18th November 2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troggi (Post 425775)
The cheapo DAB radio in the kitchen crevice of the cave here is permanently tuned to Planet Rock so that when I go to make Pearl's nightly cocoa I don't have to tune it in to listen to the "Nights with Alice Cooper" show. It's easily the best show on radio since Rick Wakeman stopped doing his Saturday afternoon show. Al Murray's "Defender of the Planet Rock Tradition" on a Sunday afternoon is good too but Alice is on another level entirely!

I only have Planet Rock playing in the bar and, yes - Alice's show is always enjoyable

profondo rosso 18th November 2014 05:25 PM

I have planet rock on in the kitchen, on my dab alarm clock next to my bed and also just had my in-car dab fixed due to dodgy seat aerial and its now up and running in there too now. Alice Cooper is so hilariously dry witted, not afraid to say anything about anyone. Even the adverts for his show are great....'Alice Cooper doent need to flush the toilet.....he just scares the crap out of it'! Does any other DJ in this country have that as a selling point? classic.

Susan Foreman 23rd November 2014 10:35 AM

It looks like Alice is appearing at the Graspop Festival in Belgium sometime between the 19 - 21 June, 2015

https://www.graspop.be/nl/poster

profondo rosso 23rd November 2014 11:38 AM

that looks like a good line up Suzi :rockon:

Susan Foreman 20th December 2014 10:54 AM

Here's a bit of trivia for you

When the film 'The Exorcist' had it's London premier in March 1974, Alice attended as the special guest of Linda Blair

troggi 20th December 2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 429112)
Here's a bit of trivia for you

When the film 'The Exorcist' had it's London premier in March 1974, Alice attended as the special guest of Linda Blair

I went to see "The Exorcist" incognito because, as a 14 year old, I was too young to get in. My disguise, if you could call it that, was a brown paper bag over my head with eye holes cut out! Strangely, as I started to hand my money over, a familiar voice said "it's alright Leslie, you can go in for free!" It was my mate's mum, Mrs Marsh, who was working the box office but how she saw through my foolproof disguise...:jollysanta: