Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   The Alice Cooper Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/11713-alice-cooper-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 9th July 2018 04:26 AM

The Hollywood Vampires finished their tour last night (July 8th), with a show in Rome. By all accounts, it was a huge success, but most reviews and newspaper features concentrated on Johnny Depp and how he looked rather than the music played!

It's been suggested that we are more likely to see a Vampires live DVD before we see the next Alice solo one

Alice now takes a short break, with his solo tour resuming/starting on August 3rd in Wisconsin. At time of writing, dates have been announced until October 29th, but sadly all of these are in the US and Canada

It's currently not known if these shows will feature a whole new set and stage production, or whether it will just be a continuation of the last 'Paranormal Evening With Alice Cooper' tour. It's also unknown what musicians will be involved

SymbioticFunction 9th July 2018 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 581578)
It's been suggested that we are more likely to see a Vampires live DVD before we see the next Alice solo one

That would explain why the Hellfest HV television broadcast was quickly removed from youtube (despite older HV gigs still being available). I've actually come to love the Hollywood Vampires. They offer something which I just can't get from solo Alice Cooper shows - a highly varied setlist. It's really cool to see Alice performing different rock songs at gigs imo, I get a bit bored hearing the same stuff all of the time.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 581592)
That would explain why the Hellfest HV television broadcast was quickly removed from youtube (despite older HV gigs still being available). I've actually come to love the Hollywood Vampires. They offer something which I just can't get from solo Alice Cooper shows - a highly varied setlist. It's really cool to see Alice performing different rock songs at gigs imo, I get a bit bored hearing the same stuff all of the time.

I agree. For an artist who has been making very good records for fifty years he plays the same stuff constantly.

The last time i saw him - the Descent into Dragontown tour in 2002 - his set list was slightly varied from the one he seems to constantly churn out nowadays.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a great live spectacle, but not one you need to see very often.

SymbioticFunction 9th July 2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 581593)
I agree. For an artist who has been making very good records for fifty years he plays the same stuff constantly.

It's like he feels obliged to just perform the same old songs with just one or two more unusual tracks on almost every solo tour. I think that AC/DC tend to do the same thing. I've seen 3 different Hollywood Vampire shows on youtube over the last few years and the setlist has been quite different on each appearance/tour. It's really refreshing imo. It's good to finally see Alice performing 'new' material. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 581595)
It's like he feels obliged to just perform the same old songs with just one or two more unusual tracks on almost every solo tour. I think that AC/DC tend to do the same thing. I've seen 3 different Hollywood Vampire shows on youtube over the last few years and the setlist has been quite different on each appearance/tour. It's really refreshing imo. It's good to finally see Alice performing 'new' material. :)

The difference with AC/DC is that they don't actually tour that often.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2018 11:21 AM

I thought i'd have a look at the set lists for the last two AC/DC tours

Here's the Rock or Bust set list

Rock or Bust
Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Got Some Rock & Roll Thunder
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Rock 'n' Roll Damnation
Thunderstruck
High Voltage
Rock 'n' Roll Train
Hells Bells
Given the Dog a Bone
Sin City
You Shook Me All Night Long
Shot Down in Flames
Have a Drink on Me
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Encore:
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Riff Raff

And the Black Ice set.

Rock 'n' Roll Train
Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
Back in Black
Big Jack
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Shot Down in Flames
Thunderstruck
Black Ice
The Jack
Hells Bells
Shoot to Thrill
War Machine
Anything Goes
You Shook Me All Night Long
T.N.T.
Whole Lotta Rosie
Let There Be Rock
Encore:
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)

There are EIGHT songs that differ between tours, so there is variety with them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2018 11:21 AM

Sorry for hijacking Alice's thead with AC/DC.

SymbioticFunction 9th July 2018 11:39 AM

Looks like I was wrong about AC/DC. :)

SymbioticFunction 9th July 2018 02:53 PM

The youtube video Susan embedded has been taken down but someone else has uploaded the recent French televised HV broadcast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNQm8LaUz6Y

btw Here's a handy tip for any fans who own a PlayStation 3. Place the 'magic' word between the 'you' and 'tube' part of the url address, enter it and you can then download an MP4 of the video to your console hard drive (am hoping this tip didn't break the forum's anti-piracy rules - I don't want a one month ban!).

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th July 2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 581601)
Looks like I was wrong about AC/DC. :)

Gotta' admit it surprised me too.

Maybe it's because they all sound alike anyway. :lol: