Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree1346Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2017, 07:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I trust this is one of those unofficial live albums.

Due at the end of the month.
It's a radio broadcast, recorded at the Mar Y Sol Pop Festival in Puerto Rico in April 1972, on the 'Killer' Tour

Up till now, only a single song from the performance has been previously released - an intrumental version of 'School’s Out', which was included on the box set 'Old School'

The full setlist is:

Be My Lover
You Drive Me Nervous
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
I’m Eighteen
Halo Of Flies
Is It My Body
Dead Babies
Killer
Long Way To Go
School’s Out (instrumental)

which is basically the same as the live album that was included in the aforementioned 'Old School' box set (although that finishes with 'Under My Wheels' and doesn't include the instrumental 'School's Out')

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th April 2017, 04:42 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I trust this is one of those unofficial live albums.

I have got some more information about this. The Mar Y Sol festival was held between April 1 - 3, 1972. The Alice Cooper Group played at 5AM on the 3rd. Other acts on the bill included ELP, BB King, Allman Bros., Black Sabbath, Rod Stewart and the Faces, Osibisa, Dr John, Fleetwood Mac, Roberta Flack, The J. Geils Band, Bloodrock, Dave Bedford, Savoy Brown and Poco

A contemporary review from the New York Times stated: "sometime around 5 AM Alice Cooper came out to do his freakish rock routine. For once, the garish costumes, transvestite mannerisms, melodramatically sadistic routines that are his stock in trade seemed relatively inoffensive. Filtered through early morning grogginess, Alice Cooper came across more like the remnants of a grotesque nightmare than a serious rock group."

This is actually a soundboard recording, and not taken from a radio show. Apparently it has surfaced before, but in a truncated form - this is the first time that the full recording has been available. 'School's Out' had yet to be finalised and recorded, and so the version here is based around a band jam played mid-way through 'Long Way To Go'

Old 14th April 2017, 08:44 AM
Cult Master

I've seen some weird things in my time - indeed, I have posted a lot of them on the forum - but this takes weirdness to new heights

Apparently Alice is a main character in an new Nintendo game called 'Scoop n' Birds'

"What kind of a game do you think legendary rocker Alice Cooper would star in? Something to do with music? Nope! It’s about scooping up birds.

Scoop’n Birds is out today for the Nintendo 3DS. You work in a pet store and flinging feathered critters at customers. Nintendo’s site promises “true-to-life scoop physics that perfectly simulate what it’s like to work for a crazy person at a bird store.” Alice Cooper is that crazy person, and he stars as your boss...
"

Old 18th April 2017, 06:10 PM
Cult Master

Probably not a lot of use to anyone here, but Ace Frehley has been announced as the support act for the Australian dates

October 17th - Perth Arena, Perth
October 19th - Thebarton Theatre, Adalaide
October 20th - Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne
October 21st - Hordern Pavilion, Sydney
October 23rd - AIS Arena, Canberra
October 24th - Newcastle Entertainment Center, Newcastle
October 25th - Brisbane Convention Center, Brisbane.

Old 18th April 2017, 09:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ASh vs Alice

The song Go To Hell appears in Episode 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead,it appears when Ash and his dad (Lee Majors) are riding the mechanic bull. Also Slades Cum On Feel the Noize is used in episode 4.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170418-214756.JPG (37.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20170418-215128.JPG (35.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20170418-215140.JPG (33.6 KB, 4 views)
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.

Old 19th April 2017, 12:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I've seen some weird things in my time - indeed, I have posted a lot of them on the forum - but this takes weirdness to new heights

Apparently Alice is a main character in an new Nintendo game called 'Scoop n' Birds'

"What kind of a game do you think legendary rocker Alice Cooper would star in? Something to do with music? Nope! It’s about scooping up birds.

Scoop’n Birds is out today for the Nintendo 3DS. You work in a pet store and flinging feathered critters at customers. Nintendo’s site promises “true-to-life scoop physics that perfectly simulate what it’s like to work for a crazy person at a bird store.” Alice Cooper is that crazy person, and he stars as your boss...
"
Yup ... that is fairly nutty. Must alert my Nintendudes (all 2 of them )
Susan Foreman likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 19th April 2017, 04:58 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
The song Go To Hell appears in Episode 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead,it appears when Ash and his dad (Lee Majors) are riding the mechanic bull. Also Slades Cum On Feel the Noize is used in episode 4.
Not yet seen the second series, but there is a fair bit of Alice in the 1st series:

Episode 5 ('The Host'), during the 'bong scene', Is It My Body' plays on the soundtrack
Episode 6 ('The Killer Of Killers'), during the washroom fight, 'Be My Lover' plays on the soundtrack
Episode 10 ('The Dark One'), during the car ride, 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' plays on the soundtrack

A lot of the soundtrack music from the first series was by bands that came from the Detroit area (Alice, Ted Nugent, The Stooges, Frijid Pink etc) because that is where Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tappert were growing up in the 70's

Old 20th April 2017, 05:05 AM
Cult Master

Two Alice Cooper Statues On The Way - Blabbermouth.net

Alice Cooper I (Straightjacket) Rock Iconz statue features Alice as he appears during the "Ballad Of Dwight Fry" performance, complete with his iconic straightjacket and microphone. The base design on this statue has some pretty interesting elements as well

Alice Cooper II (Snake) Rock Iconz statue: This second collectible depicts Alice with a snake wrapping around his neck as he stands on top of a "Billion Dollar Babies" base design

Old 22nd April 2017, 06:39 AM
Cult Master

Alice has just started the new leg of the 'Spend The Night With Alice Cooper' tour - 21st April in Biloxi, Mississippi

From what I am led to believe, the set list is:
  • Brutal Planet
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy
  • Under My Wheels
  • Lost In America
  • Pain
  • Welcome To My Nightmare
  • Billion Dollar Babies
  • Long Way To Go
  • The World Needs Guts
  • Woman of Mass Distraction
  • Poison
  • Halo Of Flies
  • Feed my Frankenstein
  • Cold Ethyl
  • Only Women Bleed
  • Escape
  • The Ballad Of Dwight Fry
  • Killer/I Love the Dead
  • Schools Out
  • I'm 18
  • Elected

No songs from the upcoming album, and it would appear that the 'newest' song is 'Woman Of Mass Distraction' from the 2005 album 'Dirty Diamonds'

It's possible that there may be some changes over the coming weeks and months, but as it stands, it looks a very good set, and if it is true, it seems that the cover section has been dropped, which most people are happy about.

There are also some 'rarities' included - 'Pain' and 'Escape'

No mention yet of what the stage show and theatrics are, but I'm sure they will start to emerge in the not too distant future

Old 22nd April 2017, 07:53 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I'd be happy if it's similar to that in November. Some good songs there. Lost In America though... perhaps not haha
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!