Like Tree4569Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2019, 07:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Imrama great record their later records just keep getting better and better. When I saw them for the first time last year they just raised themselves to a different level for me always have been one of my favourite bands but witnessing them live with like some out of body experience their performance had so much passion it was really breathtaking. The amount of bottles of red wine Alan drank onstage I was shocked he could remember the words let alone perform to such an amazing standard he may aswell of been drinking bottles of water😄😄😄
Sounds fantastic, Nordy. I remember Pete Steele drinking two bottles of wine during a twenty minute, three song Type O Negative set at Donington (One of the small stages so we were quite near).

Primordial are one of many bands i really have to catch up on (this is the first small step).

There are so many albums i want of back catalogue material. I genuinely have around 2-3000 albums, including 77 i haven't even played yet (i counted them the other day) but it's just the tip of the iceberg. You can never have enough music.
Old 16th January 2019, 07:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Sounds fantastic, Nordy. I remember Pete Steele drinking two bottles of wine during a twenty minute, three song Type O Negative set at Donington (One of the small stages so we were quite near).

Primordial are one of many bands i really have to catch up on (this is the first small step).

There are so many albums i want of back catalogue material. I genuinely have around 2-3000 albums, including 77 i haven't even played yet (i counted them the other day) but it's just the tip of the iceberg. You can never have enough music.

My new car doesn't have a cd player it's all through Bluetooth and all that modern nonsense but the plus side is I just play random black metal play lists through YouTube in my car and every day I'm discovering new bands which I try hunt down their vinyl realeses primarily
And if one doesn't exist which more and more bands these days seem to release vinyl fortunately but if not I'll buy the CD but it's costing me a bloody fortune 😄😄😄
Justin101 likes this.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:11 PM
Cult Master

a3981217001_10.jpg

Wow this album has it all really dark sinister black metal mixed with a feeling of loneliness and meloncollie even despair I know that sounds like a fun time but there is a beauty in misery if your that way inclined fortuneatly for someone like me who loves those things there are bands like this out their to satisfy. I also should mention that is it a one man band who does have live musicans for he can hit the stage.

If you are a miserable bastard than this album was made for you if not go listen to Journey and pet your unicorn ya bloody hippy 😄😄😄😄

But seriously this is some good shit.

8/10
Old 16th January 2019, 11:14 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Attachment 211953

Wow this album has it all really dark sinister black metal mixed with a feeling of loneliness and meloncollie even despair I know that sounds like a fun time but there is a beauty in misery if your that way inclined fortuneatly for someone like me who loves those things there are bands like this out their to satisfy. I also should mention that is it a one man band who does have live musicans for he can hit the stage.

If you are a miserable bastard than this album was made for you if not go listen to Journey and pet your unicorn ya bloody hippy 😄😄😄😄

8/10
How does it compare to say, Beyond Dawn's Pity Love in the misery stakes?
Old 16th January 2019, 11:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
How does it compare to say, Beyond Dawn's Pity Love in the misery stakes?
Beyond dawn feels more like depression or a feeling of no self worth where as this just feels like loss and dread if that makes sense two forms of misery but still two opposites.
Old 16th January 2019, 11:26 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Beyond dawn feels more like depression or a feeling of no self worth where as this just feels like loss and dread if that makes sense two forms of misery but still two opposites.
Yeah it does.

So perhaps a more funereal misery on the lines of My Dying Bride then?
Old 16th January 2019, 11:34 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Yeah it does.

So perhaps a more funereal misery on the lines of My Dying Bride then?
But less of a gothic vibe I would compare it to Earth's guitars with raw black metal vocals but slower than traditional black metal. The feeling of night time alone in the desert or a ghost town rather than a graveyard or forest more of an impending doom feel.

I sound like some wine critic just talking bollox about tasting elderberries and 17th century leather chair of the wine 😄😄😄😄

Sorry 😉
zeroid and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 17th January 2019, 12:53 PM
Cult Master

download.jpeg

Listening to this EP on my lunch break love to see these young bands playing old school trash right out of the 80s there is no modern twist it's just pure trash. Love the vocals they are more on the extreme side but it works perfectly. They have a full lenght album out this month can't wait to check that out.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 17th January 2019, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Attachment 211953

8/10
I listened to a bit of this on iTunes earlier, I really liked it! Unfortunately only 4 of the 6 tracks were available which means I'll have to try and buy the CD!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 17th January 2019, 02:23 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I listened to a bit of this on iTunes earlier, I really liked it! Unfortunately only 4 of the 6 tracks were available which means I'll have to try and buy the CD!
Going to buy the vinyl tomorrow off osmose productions.

Like this? Share it using the links below!