Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree4121Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1511  
Old 20th January 2019, 10:02 AM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ordo Ad Chao is one of the most evil sounding albums i've ever heard. Totally f*cking uncompromising!







Comes in an amazing metal sleeve over a red cd jewel case..


I listened to this album on iTunes last night. Itís not what I was expecting. After Euronymous died and they decided to continue as Mayhem I always thought they went into the hyper fast technical style like Immortal but this album is much slower and dirgier like De Mysteriis. Iíve still not listened to A Grand Declaration of War which might be faster but I like this one!
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #1512  
Old 20th January 2019, 10:57 AM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

I went to HMV after coffee this korning and instantly plugged a big hole in my Mayhem collection with this collection of their Seasons in the Mist albums, it also came with a free patch which is cool! I also bought a new copy of my all time favourite Fenriz album, Isengard - Hostmorke. I was searching for it the other day but it's vanished into thin air, I must have left it at someones house...

Edit: yes the case is cracked, but I'm 100% sure I have a box I can swap it with!



__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #1513  
Old 20th January 2019, 11:06 AM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I went to HMV after coffee this korning and instantly plugged a big hole in my Mayhem collection with this collection of their Seasons in the Mist albums, it also came with a free patch which is cool! I also bought a new copy of my all time favourite Fenriz album, Isengard - Hostmorke. I was searching for it the other day but it's vanished into thin air, I must have left it at someones house...

Edit: yes the case is cracked, but I'm 100% sure I have a box I can swap it with!



Nice one, Justin. A bargain for those three Mayhem albums. Hope you enjoy them all.
Reply With Quote
  #1514  
Old 20th January 2019, 12:16 PM
Nordicdusk's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I listened to this album on iTunes last night. Itís not what I was expecting. After Euronymous died and they decided to continue as Mayhem I always thought they went into the hyper fast technical style like Immortal but this album is much slower and dirgier like De Mysteriis. Iíve still not listened to A Grand Declaration of War which might be faster but I like this one!
Mayhem with Maniac and Mayhem with Attilla are two different bands Maniac is faster and Attilla is slower where he gets to display his wide vocal range different atmospheres . I enjoy all incarnations of Mayhem myself but it does split alot of fans.
Justin101 likes this.
__________________

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 20th January 2019 at 12:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1515  
Old 20th January 2019, 05:03 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Iíve been listening to A Grand Declaration of War and I was really surprised by it. Yes, there are the hyper fast songs I was expecting, View from Nihil was so fast in fact that I spent most of the song trying to work out how Hellhammer was doing it rather than enjoying the music. However, the whole of Ďside2í is very avant-garde and I loved it! Iíll be listening to it again later!
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #1516  
Old 20th January 2019, 05:10 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Iíve been listening to A Grand Declaration of War and I was really surprised by it. Yes, there are the hyper fast songs I was expecting, View from Nihil was so fast in fact that I spent most of the song trying to work out how Hellhammer was doing it rather than enjoying the music. However, the whole of Ďside2í is very avant-garde and I loved it! Iíll be listening to it again later!
I love the military opening which slowly introduces guitar into the mix. Stunning stuff!
Justin101 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1517  
Old 20th January 2019, 05:11 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I love the military opening which slowly introduces guitar into the mix. Stunning stuff!


I had to check Iíd put the right CD in it really took me by surprise.
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #1518  
Old 20th January 2019, 05:32 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

The other half definately does NOT like Mayhem, he came in while I was listening to In The Lies Where Upon You Lay and Maniac is double tracking his vocals with some very demented shireks and the drums are going crazy and the guitars are doing some Dream Theater-esque stop-start technical riffing... and he just looked at me and said 'this is a bit much isn't it' and left the room
__________________


Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Reply With Quote
  #1519  
Old 20th January 2019, 05:35 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The other half definately does NOT like Mayhem, he came in while I was listening to In The Lies Where Upon You Lay and Maniac is double tracking his vocals with some very demented shireks and the drums are going crazy and the guitars are doing some Dream Theater-esque stop-start technical riffing... and he just looked at me and said 'this is a bit much isn't it' and left the room
Fantastic!
Reply With Quote
  #1520  
Old 20th January 2019, 09:57 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Satyricon - Now, Diabolical on MM for £2.59 - Bargain!!!

https://store.musicmagpie.co.uk/products/now-diabolical
Justin101 and Nordicdusk like this.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.