Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2014, 05:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I too used to buy a lot from Supernal Music. I got into The Meads of Asphodel due to them.

I also used to buy a lot from Alice's Records i was always on the phone to them. Very knowledgable people.
Zann likes this.
Old 17th July 2014, 05:54 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I too used to buy a lot from Supernal Music. I got into The Meads of Asphodel due to them.

I also used to buy a lot from Alice's Records i was always on the phone to them. Very knowledgable people.
Supernal were good then it went pear shaped and he shutdown as he owed a lot of people money from albums he didn't send out apparently but his webpage is still open. I got introduced to Drudkh through Supernal

http://shop.supernalmusic.com/

Last edited by Bringer Of Funerals; 17th July 2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 17th July 2014, 07:45 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

For me, I've never really gotten into Black Metal too much. But I do LOVE early Venom - the masters of Black Metal. I'm a massive fan of their work on the first few albums, especially stuff like Buried Alive, Countess Bathory and this awesome track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wUr4Lut4A

There's something so fascinating about the genre though - I'm not sure what it is. Like something is drawing me to it whenever I hear it/read about it. There was this great article in Metal Hammer a couple of years back about Norwegian Black Metal and I just couldn't stop reading it.

Old 17th July 2014, 07:53 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post

Hands down my favourite Venom song first time i heard the guitar intro the hairs on my arms stood up and a chill ran down my spine. Not only is the music dark but the subject matter is quite disturbing. Always one of my biggest fears to be locked inside a very small confined space with little or no room for movement but to bed buried alive even worse. Not only was this music touching my soul it was getting inside my head and exposing my fears amazing emotions i had never felt before.
Totally agree, buddy! That's one of my faves too - you NEED to crank up the volume all the way, stick in the headphones and listen to that - it's just so creepy.

Speaking of, an elderly guy was believed to have been buried alive the other week, Nordic after the sleeping epidemic in Russia I think...
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:18 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
For me, I've never really gotten into Black Metal too much. But I do LOVE early Venom - the masters of Black Metal. I'm a massive fan of their work on the first few albums, especially stuff like Buried Alive, Countess Bathory and this awesome track...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5wUr4Lut4A

There's something so fascinating about the genre though - I'm not sure what it is. Like something is drawing me to it whenever I hear it/read about it. There was this great article in Metal Hammer a couple of years back about Norwegian Black Metal and I just couldn't stop reading it.

If you love to read about Black Metal you should get a copy of Lords of Chaos. It deals with the music aswell as the murders and church burnings.

Lords-of-Chaos.jpeg
Old 17th July 2014, 10:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Totally agree, buddy! That's one of my faves too - you NEED to crank up the volume all the way, stick in the headphones and listen to that - it's just so creepy.

Speaking of, an elderly guy was believed to have been buried alive the other week, Nordic after the sleeping epidemic in Russia I think...
Just reading about that i start sweating scary stuff.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Nordic. Why don't you tell us your essential ten Black Metal albums.
Old 17th July 2014, 10:49 PM
Cult Master

Burzum the one man band of Varg Vikernes he may have some questionable beleifs but he makes some fantastic primitive Black Metal. His vocals are filled with torment and anguish he really sounds like a tortured soul screaming from beyond the grave.
Old 18th July 2014, 12:20 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Nordic. Why don't you tell us your essential ten Black Metal albums.
Maybe i could give my 50 essential albums

There will be nothing obscure in the 10 essential albums but for a newcoming getting into BM i would suggest the following. Bear in mind there is no real easy way the ease someone into the genre

Burzum_-_Hvis_Lyset_Tar_Oss.jpg immortal_pure_holocaust.jpg 1000x1000.jpg 12907.jpg venom_black.jpg mayhem-de_mysteriis_dom_sathanas-frontal.jpg bathory3.jpg 174r.jpg Enslaved-Frost.jpg Aura_Noir_-_Black_Thrash_Attack.jpg

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Immotal - Pure Holocaust
Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon
Emperor - Wrath Of The Tyrant
Venom - Black Metal
Bathory - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Gorgoroth - Pentagram
Enslaved - Frost
Aura Noir - Black Trash Attack
Old 18th July 2014, 12:49 AM
Cult Master

Great documentary with the mighty Fenriz and Varg Vikernes
Zann likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!