Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   EXTREME METAL (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12356-extreme-metal.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th September 2023 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 690629)
I'm just going off personal experience the last time I was questioned was have I seen every day on my best live. :lol:

Holiday is very relaxing but between 10 and 6 it's very hard to walk around the heat is crazy everything is at a snails pace and constantly stopping for drinks :lol:

Got to be honest, the final part of your first sentence sounds like you've stopped for a few too many drinks today already.

Delighted you are chilled and nicely relaxed though. :party:

I'm just going to Google Dragonforce in case someone questions my shirt when i nip out in five minutes.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your holiday. :cool:

Nordicdusk 14th September 2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 690630)
Got to be honest, the final part of your first sentence sounds like you've stopped for a few too many drinks today already.

Delighted you are chilled and nicely relaxed though. :party:

I'm just going to Google Dragonforce in case someone questions my shirt when i nip out in five minutes.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your holiday. :cool:

I have no excuse I don't drink. :lol:

Justin101 14th September 2023 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 690626)
Nobody is going to question some forty year olds about their music tees to see if they are actually into the music. It's not like you are kids born twenty years after the band split up and wearing your tee's to be cool.

Going off those posts the only gatekeepers and ones being judgemental are you two. All this after some fellow black metal fans who organise a long running festival were nice enough to offer Nordy a flyer and show an interest.

As for Justin's Ulver experience that's not gatekeeping by the checkout guy who clearly knew of Ulver by referring to an album title, that's simply Justin, in his own words, being extremely lame.

Out shirts are our culture, our reference point, our calling cards if you like, not a test of credibility. They are our colourful plummage, if we were birds in the rain forests we'd be showing them off to other birds not hiding away when another came over and jumping back into our nests till they'd gone away in case they wanted to, you know, interact.

Okay, credibility lecture over. :rockon:

No I fully understand that neither of my recent interactions were gatekeeping, just me getting flustered because no-one usually says anything to anyone these days and I have forgotten how to do basic human interactions :lol: That's not to say that there AREN'T gatekeepers out there, they're prevalent in the metal community, there always has been, and yet again, I agree, no-one is going to be coming and checking that I know the band I have across my shirt, it's quite clear that I do :lol:

This all stems from the likes of Primark and H&M selling licensed band tees to people who have no idea who the bands are, kids with Ramones t-shirts on for example.

That guy in Lidl was very excited that he saw someone with an Ulver shirt on, I was just a prat because I forgot how to speak to another person in a normal fashion :D

Nordicdusk 14th September 2023 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 690632)
No I fully understand that neither of my recent interactions were gatekeeping, just me getting flustered because no-one usually says anything to anyone these days and I have forgotten how to do basic human interactions :lol: That's not to say that there AREN'T gatekeepers out there, they're prevalent in the metal community, there always has been, and yet again, I agree, no-one is going to be coming and checking that I know the band I have across my shirt, it's quite clear that I do :lol:

This all stems from the likes of Primark and H&M selling licensed band tees to people who have no idea who the bands are, kids with Ramones t-shirts on for example.

That guy in Lidl was very excited that he saw someone with an Ulver shirt on, I was just a prat because I forgot how to speak to another person in a normal fashion :D

Name 3 songs :pound:

Justin101 14th September 2023 02:48 PM

From Ramones? I could probably manage that if I was asked on the street :lol: Although you never know!

Nordicdusk 14th September 2023 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 690638)
From Ramones? I could probably manage that if I was asked on the street :lol: Although you never know!

:pound:

Anyway I might go to that festival next year :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th September 2023 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 690640)
:pound:

Anyway I might go to that festival next year :lol:

Just hope nobody speaks to you when you get there, eh?

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th September 2023 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 690638)

I have six Ramones albums but would probably struggle. It's not that i don't listen to them, more that i don't sit there reading the inlay booklets and lyrics anymore.

Most likely come out with Blitzkrieg Bop first then run away in embarrassment.

Havana Affair and Pet Sematary. Yay passed the test. In the time it took me to type this out. Lucky i only have one Ramones shirt... which i've never worn. Bought it from music zone back in the early 00's

Justin101 14th September 2023 05:17 PM

Blitzkrieg Bop would be my first choice too, and then Judy is a Punk and I'd start to forget everything about being a human at this point haha. I'd come up with something like Rock N Roll High School :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th September 2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 690645)
Blitzkrieg Bop would be my first choice too, and then Judy is a Punk and I'd start to forget everything about being a human at this point haha. I'd come up with something like Rock N Roll High School :D

Well after Bop the first thing that sprung to my mind was Die, Die, my Darling. :lol:

This is from someone who has every Misfits song ever put on cd up to 2003. :rolleyes: :axekiller: