All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4576Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2017, 12:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's being made into a Hollywood film, I think it has Alexander Skarsgard in it, I can't remember though. Everyone in the Norway scene have turned the producers down for likeness and names etc - god only knows what it's going to be like. I'll watch it though.

Edit:: No, I was thinking of Rory Culkin. Lords of Chaos - IMDb It seems like they've used all the names anyway, I suppose it's public domain once it's been in the news.

REALLY?
Oh, that will have the trve kvlt legions up in arms (thovgh hopefully not literally)
That's made my night.
Easily pleased me.
Justin101 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st April 2017, 09:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTIptVrhuzM
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:57 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Old 3rd April 2017, 12:16 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Satyricon 2017 European tour

Sep 24: Hamburg Grunspan, Germany
Sep 25: Essen Turock, Germany
Sep 26: Tilburg 013, Netherlands
Sep 27: Vosselaar Biebob, Belgium
Sep 29: London Heaven, UK
Sep 30: Paris La Maroquinerie, France
Oct 01: Nantes MJC De Reze, France
Oct 02: Toulouse Le Metronum, France
Oct 04: Madrid Sala But, Spain
Oct 05: Barcelona Razzamatazz, Spain
Oct 06: Montpellier Rockstore, France
Oct 07: Bologna Zona Roveri, Italy
Oct 09: Zurich Dynamo, Switzerland
Oct 10: Munich Backstage Halle, Germany
Oct 11: Vienna Szene, Austria
Oct 12: Prague Akropolis, Czech Republic
Oct 14: Krakow Kwadrat, Poland
Oct 15: Warsaw Progresja, Poland
Oct 16: Berlin SO36, Germany
Oct 17: Copenhagen Pumpehuset, Denmark
Oct 19: Aarhus Train, Denmark
Oct 20: Gothenburg Pustervik, Sweden
Oct 21: Stockholm Klubben, Sweden

Pretty poor show really. Just one London date for the whole of the UK and Ireland.
Not impressed with this at all.
Old 3rd April 2017, 12:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Not impressed with this at all.
You're not the only one, but this is par for the course with non UK acts sometimes I finds....

Love Fantomas.

Get to see them in UK? not unless I want to travel the entire length of the country

At least I have the live dvd (which is partly ruined by the director's insistence on using every effect in his box at points)

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:27 PM
Cult Master

So last Friday i finally got to see Mayhem playing the entirety of the amazing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

First off the night got underway with Irelands own MALTHUSIAN

I had not heard of these guys until it was announced that they would support Mayhem and after listening to some tracks on Youtube i knew i was in for a treat but it exceeded my expectations fantastic live band so heavy and brutal definitely deserved their spot on the bill

Next up were Dragged Into Sunlight and just like Malthusian i had not listened this these guys before and boy did they blow me away i had to buy a t-shirt and a vinyl on record they sound great but live these guys are relentless no bullshit between songs just straight into the next one and when the set was over they just left not just the stage but they left me wanting more much much more.

The place falls silent and the stage turns purple when Hellhammers drum kits is unveiled from under a black cover its then it hits the crowd that Mayhem are about to hit the stage and everyone loses it especially one guy who keeps screaming at the top of his lungs HAIL SATAAAAAAAAN it seems funny and stupid now that i'm typing it but at the time it just felt like an outpouring of a persons passion for Mayhem. After Hellhammer takes his place behind the drums the rest of the band walk on stage dressed in black hooded cloaks hoods covering their faces it was a beautiful sight. The first two songs are a bit of a nightmare the drums are way too loud and it's impossible to hear Attila's voice luckily the sound guy gets his shit together and the rest of the set is amazing complete with a the theatrics of Attila like a man possessed reacting to every note.

IMAG0261.jpg

The only picture i got that looked decent they asked for no flashes during the set not to spoil the atmosphere and this was taken when the lights came on and Attila was thanking the crowd no words his actions said enough.

This is a night that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

These are shots from another date on the tour just to show what i tried to describe.
09-atxxl1.jpg maxresdefault.jpg Mayhem-7-of-20.jpg mayhem_03.jpg rs-mayhem_02-80dfefd4-3fa5-4434-849e-18fc1e2b4de4.jpg
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

You forgot to mention about being to scared to talk to Attila & Hellhammer

BTW, nothing to be ashamed of, at Horrorcon the other year I was to nervous to chat properly will Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen
Nordicdusk likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

BTW, nothing to be ashamed of, at Horrorcon the other year I was to nervous to chat properly will Bill Moseley and Gunnar Hansen
Was that because they were going to eat you?
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Was that because they were going to eat you?

Ha ha no, genuine case of being starstruck I guess, something which I certainly didn't suffer when I played at a charity festival back in 2010 on the same bill as Lisa Scott-Lee from Steps

IMG_0248.JPG

*She didn't take too kindly to me grabbing her arse a few seconds after this was taken
Justin101 and Nordicdusk like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd April 2017, 01:44 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Ill come clean then

I was walking through Dublin on Friday morning and walking towards me was Attila and Hellhammer i totally froze and my girlfriend says i know by your face you just saw someone what's going on when i told her she said go after them

I missed my opportunity and sadly its not the first time its happened to me. Steve Von Till was standing next to me at a Neurosis gig years ago watching Voivod.

Grutle Kjellson of Enslaved was at Rush when i went to see them and the next day i passed him walking around Dublin i looked at him he looked at me and nodded but again i just nodded and kept walking

On two different occasions i bumped into members of Primordial just nodding in acknowledgement but not exchanging and words.

Maybe its just that i dont want to intrude on them going about their day or maybe im just a bitch the latter seems to be the glove that fits

Like this? Share it using the links below!