Like Tree262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2017, 10:29 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've watched that Hydra DVD quite a few times I really enjoy it. The Elements concert as well.
I watched the Elements set over Christmas last year.

I preferred the Hydra gig all told, but it's a very good dvd.

How does it compare to the last Nightwish dvd? I haven't bought that yet.
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:26 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I watched the Elements set over Christmas last year.

I preferred the Hydra gig all told, but it's a very good dvd.

How does it compare to the last Nightwish dvd? I haven't bought that yet.
Within Temptation are clearly considered pop music in Holland, you can tell with the production and the audience that their appeal is wide. With the Nightwish concert, specifically the Wembley one, they're first and foremost a metal band and so the concert film feels like that. Less so on the Finland concert because it's an open air show in the summer with fireworks etc. It's silly to compare the two, however the Hydra concert is more fun and the Vehicle of Spirit one is more emotional!

I love them both.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 29th August 2017, 11:22 AM
Cult Master

Oasis: Supersonic

F*cking lissen, our kid. I've never been convinced by Oasis, but they are so f*ckin big, I thought that the problem must be mine, because I'm a c*nt. So I thought I'd f*ckin have a go at the documentary 'Supersonic', which is the f*ckin story of Oasis. Understand what I'm on about, you w*nker?

So, I put the f*ckin Blu-Ray in [Blu-Ray? What a f*ckin pretentious t*at] in the hope that it would f*ckin tell me why Oasis are the best band in the f*ckin world, and let me know what I had been f*ckin missing. Guess what c*nt? I'm still mystified

A singer who can't sing, a guitarist who is nowt special, a band who are f*ckin cr*p

Maybe it's an age thing. I am old enough to remember when The Who were shocking. I am old enough to remember when Alice Cooper was scary. I am old enough to remember when the Sex Pistols were subversive...and I remember when Oasis were f*ckin over-rated trash

I have f*ckin tried to like Oasis - believe me I have - but after watching this f*ckin documentary, I am still none the wiser

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th August 2017, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post

F*cking lissen, our kid. I've never been convinced by Oasis, but they are so f*ckin big, I thought that the problem must be mine, because I'm a c*nt. So I thought I'd f*ckin have a go at the documentary 'Supersonic', which is the f*ckin story of Oasis. Understand what I'm on about, you w*nker?

So, I put the f*ckin Blu-Ray in [Blu-Ray? What a f*ckin pretentious t*at] in the hope that it would f*ckin tell me why Oasis are the best band in the f*ckin world, and let me know what I had been f*ckin missing. Guess what c*nt? I'm still mystified

A singer who can't sing, a guitarist who is nowt special, a band who are f*ckin cr*p

Maybe it's an age thing. I am old enough to remember when The Who were shocking. I am old enough to remember when Alice Cooper was scary. I am old enough to remember when the Sex Pistols were subversive...and I remember when Oasis were f*ckin over-rated trash

I have f*ckin tried to like Oasis - believe me I have - but after watching this f*ckin documentary, I am still none the wiser
I really like 2 of their tunes: Acquiesce and Wonderwall. But probably wouldn't describe myself as a fan.

Old 29th August 2017, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:

It fooking mystifies the s***e out of me too. I thought this doc was fascinating however it should just delved more into the egotism of 2 hapless, inept c**ts who overindulged in a lifestyle of drugs and drink then through it all away due to a clash of personalities. One benefit of this is to annoy the fook out of gullible t**ts that the band are reforming. It shouldn't happen and it'll probably never happen. But the Sun will always indulge in fake news.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 29th August 2017, 01:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
I thought this doc was fascinating however it should just delved more into the egotism of 2 hapless, inept c**ts who overindulged in a lifestyle of drugs and drink then through it all away due to a clash of personalities. One benefit of this is to annoy the fook out of gullible t**ts that the band are reforming. It shouldn't happen and it'll probably never happen
Sums it up perfectly
bleakshaun likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd September 2017, 04:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Sad Vacation: The Last Days Of Sid And Nancy

Sad Vacation: The Last Days Of Sid And Nancy .

Not seen it but looks interesting..

nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

Old 16th September 2017, 03:55 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just got this from Music Magpie for a quid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4810 (Large).jpg (89.2 KB, 8 views)
Rik, Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

51Khf8ONfKL.jpg

A Decade of Delain - Live at Paradiso Blu ray

Two hours of awesomeness as Delain celebrate their 10th Anniversary with some special guests. Great picture, good sound in a feel good concert.
Great commemoration set.

Old 3rd November 2017, 02:48 PM
Ex-member

Quote:

it would f*ckin tell me why Oasis are the best band in the f*ckin world
They are not the BEST band in the world (not to me anyway) but to some they are,Maybe they have been hyped up so much from the beginning people believe it?

Like this? Share it using the links below!