Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2014, 06:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default ziggy in flames

How i forgot these two i don't know,Ziggy's finale and the Slade film,which I know isn't a concert film but has plenty of the sideburn warriors playing.

[AllCDCovers]_ziggy_stardust_the_spiders_from_mars_the_motion_picture_2003_r0_retail_dvd-front.jpg[AllCDCovers]_ziggy_stardust_the_spiders_from_mars_the_motion_picture_2003_r0_retail_dvd-inside.jpg
[AllCDCovers]_slade_slade_in_flame_2007_retail_cd-front.jpg[AllCDCovers]_slade_slade_in_flame_2007_retail_cd-inside.jpg
Old 30th August 2014, 11:48 AM
Cult Master

Bryan Adams Live At Slane Castle

Three piece band - Bryan plays bass guitar instead of the lead which he is more known for

Disappointing and boring. 'Heavy metal' played for readers of The Daily Mail!!!!

No re-watch value what-so-ever

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd September 2014, 08:22 AM
Cult Master

Yesterday it was time for the monthly viewing of "Alice Cooper's Theatre Of Death' DVD

To say that this is my favourite concert DVD is an understatement! It's something I watch regularly, and still thoroughly enjoy

What we have here is a recording of the show at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2009. It is pure Rock and Roll theatre. It is a true concept piece, although that was probably not realised by the audience at the time

The whole 'Theatre of Death' concert tells a story. To be honest, I'm not sure if the main character is Alice, Vincent or Stephen, but keeping with the WTMN motif, I will refer to him as Stephen

My reading of this show is that it is something that happens within the head of a mentally disturbed teenager

THE REVIEW

ACT ONE

The lights go down, and we are introduced the Stephen on the last day of school, counting down the seconds before the final bell rings (School's Out). Stephen is a teenager (Department of Youth / Eighteen) who has a secret - he is psychotic fascist, who dreams of destroying those who are not 'in tune' with him (Wicked Young Man), but of course murder is not accepted in polite society, and Stephen is captured, and placed in a straight-jacket (Ballad of Dwight Fry) where he is executed by guillotine

ACT TWO

Stephen wakes up in Hell (Go To Hell) where he is forced to face up to his actions, where he realises that what he has done was wrong (Guilty) but this is an alien concept to him, and he has to confront this (Welcome To My Nightmare). But Stephen is unable to do this, once again his madness surfaces, this time in dreams of necrophilia (Cold Ethyl), but as all sane people know, this is not right, and once again he is executed, this time by lethal injection (Poison)

ACT THREE

But this is not real, because it's all in his head, and once again he wakes up (The Awakening), but this time he is in an asylum (From The Inside). Unfortunately, the person looking after him is a sexually alluring and sadistic nurse (Nurse Rozetta) who Stephen finds he has got feeling for (Is It My Body), but when she rebukes him, he has to kill her (Be My Lover). For possibly the first time in his life, he has conflicting feelings - he has killed someone he loves (Only Women Bleed), but is unable to show any emotions about this (I Never Cry) which, of course lead to the gallows where he is hung by the neck until he is dead

INTERLUDE

The Black Widow

ACT FOUR

Because of his feelings for another person, Stephen is confused. Part of him still wants to extract revenge on his 'enemies' (Vengeance Is Mine / Devil's Food) but another part of him wants redemption, and he tries to 'buy off' the witnesses to his crimes [the audience] first with jewellery (Dirty Diamonds) and then money (Billion Dollar Babies), but there is no redemption for him (Killer) and he is placed inside an iron maiden, to be killed once more

INTERLUDE 2

I Love The Dead

ACT FIVE

But Stephen's mind has gone, and he is truly evil. There is to be no saving him (No More Mr. Nice Guy) [for the next song, other then getting into a car, and running over people, I cannot fit 'Under My Wheels' into this synopsis], but then the school bell finally rings, (Schools Out) and Stephen is out of school and on the streets again

So that's my reading of 'Theatre of Death'. If you have not seen it, then I urge you to do so. If you have seen it, and your reading is something different, I would be pleased to hear it

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:39 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Here are a few other music dvds I own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 512tLj7rMqL._SS500_.jpg (34.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3361_b.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg DVD COVER.jpg (84.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Fugazi_-_Instrument_cover.jpg (21.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg th (2).jpg (19.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg wejamecono_outside.jpg (90.4 KB, 1 views)
Nordicdusk and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:45 PM
Cult Master

I have the Minor Treat and the Fugazi ones myself great stuff.
Old 2nd September 2014, 07:57 PM
Cult Addict

...and this one which is great if you like watching loads of absolutely wasted freak folk musicians babbling on before showing a truly bonkers film they some how managed to cobble together by the light of a bong before collapsing. If memory serves me correct, it was made as a BBC art documentary but never shown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0022891212195.jpg (47.3 KB, 3 views)
Rondadoronron likes this.
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Live from the Royal Albert Hall by The Killers (2009)

71xFn2SefrL.jpg51OjjVw16UL.jpg

Live from the Royal Albert Hall by The Killers (2009)
Embarrassingly mainstream compared to the last couple of posts The Killers certainly know how to put on a show with little or none of the theatrical trappings that a lot of concerts have,just a band playing,but at the top of there game.Audio and visual wise its pretty much the best Ive seen,obviously no expense was spared,then again when your playing the Albert Hall you better be good.The band are all on top form with Brandon Flowers his usual charming self,he's talented,good looking and thin and I ****ing hate him for it,why can't he be fat,bald and useless like me,not fair.
Old 4th September 2014, 09:29 PM
Cult Master

download.jpg

An amazing performance enhanced by the haunting back drop of the ruins of Pompeii. Breathtaking
Old 4th September 2014, 10:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 143902

An amazing performance enhanced by the haunting back drop of the ruins of Pompeii. Breathtaking
I've always fancied seeing this. I'm no great Pink Floyd fan (Only own The Division Bell) but i have been to Pompeii and think it an inspired setting for a mega gig.
Old 4th September 2014, 10:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've always fancied seeing this. I'm no great Pink Floyd fan (Only own The Division Bell) but i have been to Pompeii and think it an inspired setting for a mega gig.
Im sure its very cheap now. Just sit back with a few beers and enjoy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!