Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree262Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2015, 01:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Pre-ordered the Decline of Western Civilization BluRay set from amazon. Been gutted that this was coming out on Shout! Factory region locked then Second Sight came to the rescue and I'm beside myself with anticipation for the day it arrives haha.

Last music films I watched though were this excellent doc...

And this awesome concert film
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 19th June 2015, 01:05 PM
Cult Veteran

I watched the Kurt Cobain film recently, Montage of Heck. I found it very touching at points and had a lump in my throat. If you have even a remote interest in Nirvana I'd recommend this film, it's quite long for a music doc at 2hrs but it did fly by.

Rik and Demoncrat like this.

Old 19th June 2015, 01:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I really enjoyed it too
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th June 2015, 01:38 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I really enjoyed it too
I don't know if it's engineered that way, and I doubt it, but it really highlights how mismatched Kurt and Courtney were. She really wasn't the right person for him.

I bought the Journals book after seeing the film because of their use throughout. I expected them to be quite sad but they are really a window into his imagination and thought process and some of the letter he sent to his friends are great to read!

Old 19th June 2015, 03:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apparently a lot of the documentary is bullshit, according to Buzz from the Melvins, who was Kurts mate eg the train track incident.
But yeah, they were definitely mismatched, and I still believe she had a hand in his death somehow
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th June 2015, 06:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Pre-ordered the Decline of Western Civilization BluRay set from amazon. Been gutted that this was coming out on Shout! Factory region locked then Second Sight came to the rescue and I'm beside myself with anticipation for the day it arrives haha.
The very same thing that happened with me, then also found the UK edition on Amazon.
I've seen this mentioned throughout the years but never actually saw it, are the films any good? This interests me because I'm a punk/heavy metal fan.
Old 26th June 2015, 01:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
The very same thing that happened with me, then also found the UK edition on Amazon.
I've seen this mentioned throughout the years but never actually saw it, are the films any good? This interests me because I'm a punk/heavy metal fan.
The first is a an excellent, if flawed snapsot of american punk at that point, the second is one of the greatest comedy films, thanks to Chris Holmes mainly haha, the 3rd is a return to the punk genre, sadly the bands are generic, but some of the interviews made me smile. hope this helps...I will certainly be getting this myself!!!
Sobral likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2015, 01:55 PM
Cult Veteran

The second one is not supposed to be funny but it is, those late 80's early 90's metal heads took themselves very seriously haha.

The first one is very interesting though
Sobral likes this.

Old 26th June 2015, 02:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The second one is not supposed to be funny but it is, those late 80's early 90's metal heads took themselves very seriously haha.

The first one is very interesting though
Unintentionally funny then. Unlike, say Kiss Meets the Phantom Of the Park, which is of course a serious look at haunted fairgrounds hosted by the painted ones

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 26th June 2015, 02:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Unintentionally funny then. Unlike, say Kiss Meets the Phantom Of the Park, which is of course a serious look at haunted fairgrounds hosted by the painted ones
Don't confuse 'funny' with 'utter shite'.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!