Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   What Music DVDs Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/12549-what-music-dvds-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 21st August 2014 12:44 PM

What Music DVDs Have You Seen Recently?

As I have mentioned before, due to the job I do, I really do not have a lot of time to sit down and watch a film.

Instead, I am finding myself more and more sitting down with a music DVD, and working thru that (because it's easy to pause/stop at the end of a song, and then pick things up later without missing a plot)

What music DVD's have you watched recently, and what did you think of them? What were the standout moments/tracks? Will you watch it again?

I am currently going thru 'The Big 4 at Sonisphere' thing, and have just finished the Anthrax set. I really enjoyed it, and it seemed like they were having fun as well

Anthrax - Got The Time (Live, Sofia 2010) [HD] - YouTube

Stand out moment - Joey Belladonna's wig!

*For the sake of this thread, the term 'Music DVD' refers to either concerts or documentaries about bands or musical genres. It does NOT refer to musical films or things that have a soundtrack

**This is my second attempt at getting a 'sticky'. Maybe it'll work this time!!!!!

Rik 21st August 2014 01:06 PM

That's the only set on the DVD that I haven't watched, never been a fan of Anthrax tbh

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st August 2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 414921)
That's the only set on the DVD that I haven't watched, never been a fan of Anthrax tbh

It's well worth watching Rik.

I remember when i'd finished it i wondered if the other three would actually be as impressive.

Susan Foreman 21st August 2014 01:11 PM

The Big 4:

Anthrax - the 'fun' band
Megadeth - the 'political' band
Slayer - the 'Satanic' band
Metallica - the 'popular' band

But I agree with Mr. Dike. Please watch this set - it's a good one.

Nordicdusk 21st August 2014 01:11 PM

Great thread idea Suzi.

Rik 21st August 2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 414924)
It's well worth watching Rik.

I remember when i'd finished it i wondered if the other three would actually be as impressive.

Yeah, I seem to remember you telling me this before when I'd mentioned not watching it yet. TBH, I've not watched the others for ages either

Rondadoronron 21st August 2014 07:55 PM

what-music-dvds-have-you-seen-recently.

6 Attachment(s)
I usually dip in and out of a music dvd,in between the odd film,In no particular order here's my faves at the mo.

Make Them Die Slowly 21st August 2014 09:30 PM

PUNK IN AFRICA. A great look at the little known punk scene in Africa focussing mainly on South Africa. Whilst art school tossers in the UK were whinging on about apathy and boredom, this lot were risking arrest and imprisonment just for forming bands with both black and white members. Recommended.

BEWARE MR BAKER. Possibly the greatest drummer of rock proves he is one of the most damaged and damaging souls around. Unbelievable stuff, the man is pure scum and genius in one very gaunt frame. Highly recommended.

EAST END BABYLON. F*cking fantastic film about The Cockney Rejects that is also a social history of the East End of London. Great live footage and interviews plus loads of footage of mass violence as the Rejects kick shit out of people on and off stage! Highly recommended.

Nordicdusk 21st August 2014 10:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKDPdcWdpvc

This is the last music dvd/blu ray i watched. I have watched it so many times fantastic documentary fantastic music and really down to earth fantastic guy. Highly recommended for any Rush fan.

Susan Foreman 22nd August 2014 10:38 AM

Yesterday, I watched the AC/DC River Plate concert

It was fun, but probably the worst AC/DC DVD that I currently have. Don't get me wrong - the music as good, but I found the split screen effect to be very annoying, and the constant shots of the audience seem to be there wholly to say 'hey guys, look at how many people we were playing to'

AC

After that, I did the Megadeth set from 'The Big 4' DVD

Megadeth are a strange band. I loved their debut album, but after that, I lost interest. I also read Dave Mustaines' autobiography, and I liked him less and less

However...watching this set reminded me of what they were - the 'riff masters' from the big 4. I am now thinking that Mustaine might be the thrash metal version of Geddy Lee - someone who is able to play complex guitar licks while singing!

Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction (Live, Sofia 2010) [HD] - YouTube