Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2017, 08:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Misheard lyrics

I know there are loads of forums about this in various places on the Internet, but I thought one here would be good. For instance, the first time I have heard AC/DC's Highway to Hell, I thought the second line of the song was:

"Livin' easy, livin' free. Sees a n****r on a one-way ride "*

It wasn't until years later when I looked up the lyrics online, that I realised the word which it may be so uncomfortable every time I heard it wasn't there at all, and the line is:

"Livin' easy, livin' free. Season-ticket on a one-way ride"!

Because he doesn't pronounce the T or K in 'ticket' particularly clearly, I thought he said something very different and, although I know the real lyric, I can't listen to the song without hearing it the way I heard it first, as if the misheard line has been hardwired into my brain! I've told us to several people and, when listening to the song, they completely understand.

*I've self censored the word in question because it can be very offensive. I hope people understand what I mean
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 6th August 2017, 08:17 PM
Cult Master

Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' really starts with

"Is This The Real Life
Is This Just Battersea?"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th August 2017, 08:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Queen's 'Bohemian Rhapsody' really starts with

"Is This The Real Life
Is This Just Battersea?"
Now you mention it, maybe the song is a love letter to a rescue shelter.
Old 6th August 2017, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Norwich?

Always thought Joy Division's Disorder began

"I've been waiting for a guy to take me by the hand ..."

When tis actually guide.

Only learned this when Touching From A Distance came out.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th August 2017, 09:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer.

I always thought it began 'Ronnie used to work on the docks' as in our own good old Inspector Rondadooronron.

Apparently it's Tommy though.

Old 6th August 2017, 09:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Bon Jovi's Living on a Prayer.

I always thought it began 'Ronnie used to work on the docks' as in our own good old Inspector Rondadooronron.

Apparently it's Tommy though.
Which Ronnie did you think was with Gina?

Old 6th August 2017, 09:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Which Ronnie did you think was with Gina?

Dunno! She was always at the diner when i called round to see her.
Old 6th August 2017, 10:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Dunno! She was always at the diner when i called round to see her.
Huh, typical Gina.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 7th August 2017, 07:42 AM
Cult Master

Not sure which is more amusing

Imagining Anni-Frid being 'sick and tired' and calling 'last night from Glasgow', or imagining Anni-Frid being 'sick and tired' and calling 'last night from Tesco'!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th August 2017, 08:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've google some apparently misheard lyrics

Everyone's misheard a song lyric before - but not always in a hilarious way.

THE TOP 40 MOST MISHEARD LYRICS

1. 'Money for nothin' and chips for free'. Correct lyric: 'Money for nothin' and your chicks for free' from Dire Straits’ 'Money For Nothing'.
2. 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you'. Correct lyric: 'Every time you go away take a piece of me with you' from Paul Young’s 'Every Time You Go Away'.
3. 'Sue Lawley'. Correct lyric: 'So lonely' from The Police’s 'So Lonely'.
4. 'We built this city on sausage rolls'. Correct lyric: 'We built this city on rock 'n' roll' from Starship’s 'We Built This City'.
5. 'Saving his life from this warm sausage tea'. Correct lyric: 'Spare him his life from this monstrosity' from Queen’s 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.
6. 'See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen'. Correct lyric: 'See that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the Dancing Queen' from ABBA’s 'Dancing Queen'.
7. 'Excuse me while I kiss this guy'. Correct lyric: 'Excuse me while I kiss the sky' from Jimi Hendrix’s 'Purple Haze'.

8. 'Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tangerine'. Correct lyric: 'Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine' from ABBA’s 'Dancing Queen'.
9. 'Sweet dreams are made of cheese'. Correct lyric: 'Sweet dreams are made of these' from The Eurythmics’ 'Sweet Dreams (are made of this)'.
10. 'Calling Jamaica'. Correct lyric: 'Call me when you try to wake her' from R.E.M.’s 'The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite'.
11. 'Or should I just keep chasing penguins'. Correct lyric: 'Or should I just keep chasing pavements' from Adele’s 'Chasing Pavements'.
12. 'All the lonely Starbucks lovers'. Correct lyric: 'Got a long list of ex-lovers' from Taylor Swift’s 'Blank Space'.
13. 'I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone'. Correct lyric: 'I can see clearly now, the rain is gone' from Johnny Nash’s 'I can see clearly now'.
14. 'Gimme Gimme Gimme a man after midnight, take me to the doctors at the break of the day'. Correct lyric: 'Take me through the darkness to the break of the day' from ABBA’s 'Gimme Gimme Gimme'.
15. 'Poppadom Peach'. Correct lyric: 'Papa don't preach' from Madonna’s 'Papa don't preach'.

16. 'It doesn’t make a difference if we’re naked or not'. Correct lyric: 'It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not' from Bon Jovi’s 'Livin’ On A Prayer'.
17. 'I'm farting carrots'. Correct lyric: 'I'm 14 carat' from Selena Gomez’s 'Good for you'.
18. 'Then I saw her face, now I’m gonna leave her'. Correct lyric: 'Then I saw her face, now I’m a believer' from The Monkees’ 'I’m a Believer'.
19. 'I want to hold your ham'. Correct lyric: 'I want to hold your hand' from The Beatles’ 'I want to hold your hand'.
20. 'Kicking your cat all over the place'. Correct lyric: 'Kicking your can all over the place' from Queen’s 'We Will Rock You'.
21. 'Blue seal in the sky with diamonds'. Correct lyric: 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' from The Beatles’ 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds'.
22. 'Dyslexics on fire'. Correct lyric: 'Your sex is on fire' from Kings of Leon’s 'Sex on Fire'.
23. 'Here we are now, in containers'. Correct lyric: 'Here we are now, entertain us' from Nirvana’s 'Smells like teen spirit'.
24. "Let's pee in the corner, let's pee in the spotlight". Correct lyric: "That’s me in the corner, that’s me in the spotlight" from R.E.M.’s 'Losing my religion'.
25. 'Bald-headed woman... bald-headed woman to me'. Correct lyric: 'More than a woman… more than a woman to me' from the Bee Gees’ 'More than a woman'.

26. 'I remove umbilicals'. Correct lyric: 'I believe in miracles' from Hot Chocolate’s 'You Sexy Thing'.
27. 'We're caught in a trout'. Correct lyric: 'We're caught in a trap' from Elvis Presley’s 'Suspicious Minds'
28. 'I'm Terry Wogan'. Correct lyric: 'I'm every woman' from Chaka Khan’s 'I’m every woman'.
29. 'Let me just staple the vicar'. Correct lyric: 'Just let me state for the record' from Sister Sledge’s 'We Are Family'.
30. 'This is the dawning of the Age of Asparagus'. Correct lyric: 'This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius' from Fifth Dimension’s 'Aquarius'.
31. 'You're the wobbly one'. Correct lyric: 'You're the one that I want' from John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John’s 'One that I want'.
32. 'Don't go Jason Waterfalls'. Correct lyric: 'Don't go chasing waterfalls' from TLC’s 'Waterfalls'.
33. 'A year has passed since I broke my nose'. Correct lyric: 'A year has passed since I wrote my note' from The Police’s 'Message In A Bottle'.
34. 'Kick a chicken with it'. Correct lyric: 'Gettin’ jiggy with it' from Will Smith’s 'Gettin’ jiggy with it'.
35. 'Hold me closer, Tony Danza'. Correct lyric: 'Hold me closer, tiny dancer' from Elton John’s 'Tiny Dancer'.

36. 'Take your teeth out, tell me what's wrong'. Correct lyric: 'Chiquitita, tell me what's wrong' from Abba’s 'Chiquitita'.
37. 'I like big butts in a can of limes'. Correct lyric: 'I like big butts and I cannot lie' from Sir Mix-A-Lot’s 'Baby Got Back'.
38. 'We’re working for peanuts'. Correct lyric: 'We're heading for Venus' from Europe’s 'The Final Countdown'.
39. 'I just died in your barn tonight, mustard no mayonnaise instead'. Correct lyric: 'I just died in your arms tonight, It must have been something you said' from Cutting Crew’s 'I just died in your arms tonight'.
40. 'Aww freak cow! Le freak, c'est sheep'. Correct lyric: 'Aww freak out! Le freak, c'est Chic' from Chic’s 'Le Freak'.

nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!