Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th April 2018, 06:09 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Is it just pot luck which shops get which releases?
In a word, yes

How do I get a particular release?

Record Store day releases are only available through Record Store Day Shops from the date of Record Store Day. You can search for shops near to you on this site but are advised to contact the store direct to ascertain whether they will be carrying the product you are looking for in advance. Stores are not permitted to reserve product for customers so you will need to visit the store on Record Store day to purchase your product.

The store did not stock the release I wanted

Not all stores carry every release. Indeed with over 500 releases for Record Store Day it is almost impossible for a shop to carry every title. That is why we advise customers to contact the store before the day to find out what they are stocking.

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/about-rsd/faqs/
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th April 2018, 06:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
In a word, yes

How do I get a particular release?

Record Store day releases are only available through Record Store Day Shops from the date of Record Store Day. You can search for shops near to you on this site but are advised to contact the store direct to ascertain whether they will be carrying the product you are looking for in advance. Stores are not permitted to reserve product for customers so you will need to visit the store on Record Store day to purchase your product.

The store did not stock the release I wanted

Not all stores carry every release. Indeed with over 500 releases for Record Store Day it is almost impossible for a shop to carry every title. That is why we advise customers to contact the store before the day to find out what they are stocking.

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/about-rsd/faqs/
It's all a bit pointless unless you live near a city and can visit several shops at once. A release like the Heroes picture disc where there are only 3000 copies could be sold out within minutes of a shop opening.
Old 13th April 2018, 06:45 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
It's all a bit pointless unless you live near a city and can visit several shops at once. A release like the Heroes picture disc where there are only 3000 copies could be sold out within minutes of a shop opening.
It's just as bad in a city, you can be queued up for over 2 hours even if you get to the store at 7am and all the good stuff is well gone by the time you get to the front for your turn! You don't really have the option to visit multiple shops and have a chance to get good stuff!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th April 2018, 06:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's just as bad in a city, you can be queued up for over 2 hours even if you get to the store at 7am and all the good stuff is well gone by the time you get to the front for your turn! You don't really have the option to visit multiple shops and have a chance to get good stuff!
**** it then!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
**** it then!
Exactly, I haven't bothered for the last 3 years! I'd rather have brunch than a fancy rare record

Old 13th April 2018, 06:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Exactly, I haven't bothered for the last 3 years! I'd rather have brunch than a fancy rare record
That's my thought, except spend money on e-liquid and donuts

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 07:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Must admit when you mentioned 7am i shrieked in horror.
Justin101 and Demoncrat like this.
Old 13th April 2018, 07:27 PM
Cult Veteran

I think RSD has lost it's entire point and now it's just a massive money making exercise and people (the sheep) are just falling over themselves to get all of these things which they don't really need and for double the price it would usually be.

When it was first introduced a few years back it was to encourage people back into record shops but it's done that job and records are in vogue again and people are buying them all through the year!

Unfortunately that wont help Dem get that lovely looking Motorhead picture disc but I'm also sure that he'll be able to get on with his life fine without it, and I'm also sure that he has Motorhead vinyls from back in the day anyway

Picture discs have bloody awful sound quality anyway

Old 13th April 2018, 07:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I wasn't going to play it.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 13th April 2018, 07:37 PM
Cult Veteran

Remember back in the 80s when every single had a picture disc variety the funny shaped cut out ones were the most annoying though, but I did like the Can I Play With Madness one! I don't seem to have any of the ones I bought any more, I might have a Be Quick or Be Dead one and a Man on the Edge one somewhere still

Like this? Share it using the links below!