Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Upcoming Vinyl, CD, Cassette music releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/13827-upcoming-vinyl-cd-cassette-music-releases.html)

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2018 10:08 PM

Glastonbury 2000 [2CD + 1DVD] CD+DVD, Box set

1 Attachment(s)
Glastonbury 2000 [2CD + 1DVD] CD+DVD, Box set.This title will be released on November 30..

A rather impressive set list from Bowie's 2000 headline act at Glastonbury...

Attachment 209848

sillyarsehole 8th October 2018 04:01 PM

Anyone getting a copy of the Thom Yorke soundtrack for Suspiria?

Dave Boy 8th October 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 589750)
£90 for each vinyl box set and £60 each for the CD box sets...

I'm going to wait until the price comes down. I have all of Kate's albums anyway. It's not as if they have not been remastered before.
The prize in this set is the 'The Other Side' discs for me.

And it would be have been good if 'Live At Hammersmith 1979' had a release in this set, and included tracks from the concert not on the EP or video.

I was talking to a mate, another Kate Bush fan about these sets and he would have preferred a DVD/Blu ray of the 'Before The Dawn' concerts instead.

Susan Foreman 8th October 2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 590111)
And it would be have been good if 'Live At Hammersmith 1979' had a release in this set, and included tracks from the concert not on the EP or video.

Agreed. There were an awful lot of songs that were performed on the tour that were not included on the official video release. Titles highlighted have never seen the light of day
  • Moving
  • The Saxophone Song
  • Room for the Life
  • Them Heavy People
  • The Man With the Child in His Eyes
  • Egypt
  • L'amour Looks Something Like You
  • Violin
  • In the Warm Room
  • Strange Phenomena
  • Hammer Horror
  • Kashka from Baghdad
  • Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake
  • Wow
  • Coffee Homeground
  • In Search of Peter Pan
  • Symphony in Blue
  • Feel It
  • Kite
  • James and the Cold Gun
  • Oh England My Lionheart
  • Wuthering Heights
although 'Them Heavy People' and 'L'amour Looks Something Like You' were included on the 'On Stage' vinyl EP release

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 590111)
I was talking to a mate, another Kate Bush fan about these sets and he would have preferred a DVD/Blu ray of the 'Before The Dawn' concerts instead.

Again agreed

The shows were filmed, but apparently Kate (ever the perfectionist) wasn't happy with the result, so it seems to have been permanently 'put on hold'

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:15 PM

Def Leppard are to release a new greatest hits compilation called ‘The Story So Far - The Best Of’.

Released on Friday 30th November, ‘The Story So Far – The Best Of' is available to buy on the following formats; a 2-CD set comprised of 35 tracks, 1-CD comprised of 17 tracks, 2LP vinyl, and digital.

The album features blockbuster tracks from Def Leppard’s entire four-decade career together with the official studio version of the band’s cover of Depeche Mode’s ‘Personal Jesus’.

As a bonus for collectors, the first pressing vinyl copies of ‘The Story So Far’ feature an exclusive 7” single of ‘Personal Jesus’ and ‘We All Need Christmas.’

The acoustic ballad ‘We All Need Christmas’ is a heart-warming festive anthem complete with obligatory sleigh bells. Def Leppard describe it as ‘fireside-ready with its uplifting, hopeful spirit and sense of seasonal soul.’

‘The Story So Far – The Best Of’ track-listing is as follows:

Disc 1

1. Animal
2. Photograph
3. Pour Some Sugar On Me
4. Love Bites
5. Let’s Get Rocked
6. Armaggedon It
7. Foolin’
8. Two Steps Behind
9. Heaven Is
10. Rocket
11. Hysteria
12. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
13. Make Love Like A Man
14. Action
15. When Love & Hate Collide
16. Rock of Ages
17. Personal Jesus

Disc 2

1. Let’s Go
2. Promises
3. Slang
4. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
5. Rock On (Radio Remix)
6. Nine Lives (feat. Tim McGraw)
7. Work It Out
8. Stand Up
9. Dangerous
10. Now
11. Undefeated
12. Tonight
13. C’Mon C’Mon
14. Man Enough
15. No Matter What
16. All I Want Is Everything
17. It’s All About Believing
18. Kings Of The World

On Friday, 30th November the band will also be releasing a new limited edition, 10-disc vinyl box set featuring all of the 7” singles from the multi-platinum album Hysteria.

Aptly entitled ‘Hysteria: The Singles’, the collection boasts repressed versions of all eight 7-inch vinyl singles for Hysteria including their Top-5 hits ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’, ‘Animal’, ‘Love Bites’, ‘Hysteria’, ‘Rocket’ and ‘Armageddon It’.

Two bonus singles ‘Excitable’/‘Run Riot’ (Album Version) and ‘Love and Affection’/’Don’t Shoot The Shotgun’ (Album Version), are only available in this box set.

Housed in a box with a lift-off lid, ‘Hysteria: The Singles’ features new cover art made up of all 10 of the single’s sleeves, including the special Spanish “Animal” single, plus a booklet with a full band discography and an introduction written by Joe Elliott

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...eed-christmas/

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:19 PM

"Iron Maiden’s sixteen studio albums are being released on remastered Digipak CD format over the next nine months via Parlophone Records.

Following on from 2014/2017’s black vinyl releases and 2015’s Mastered for iTunes project, ‘The Studio Collection – Remastered’ will see the studio albums get released on in chronological batches of four from November 2018 to June 2019.

The recordings are taken from the same remasters as the 2015 hi-res digital releases and all the releases will be available to listen to on streaming platforms.

For the keen Iron Maiden aficionados, one CD from each batch of releases will also be optionally available in a specially artworked box featuring a 1:24 scale figurine and exclusive patch. In the Friday 16th November batch, this will be ‘The Number Of The Beast’.

Iron Maiden bassist and founder Steve Harris says: “We’ve wanted to revisit these for a long time and I was delighted with the remastering we did in 2015. I thought it was the best that our albums have ever sounded and it was only right that we made them available on CD now too.”

The release schedule is as follows:

Batch 1: 16th November 2018
Iron Maiden / Killers / The Number Of The Beast (option of standard or collectors boxset edition including TNOTB Eddie figurine and patch) / Piece Of Mind

Batch 2: February 2019 date TBC
Powerslave / Somewhere In Time (standard/collectors) / Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son / No Prayer For The Dying

Batch 3: April 2019 date TBC
Fear Of The Dark (standard/collectors) / The X Factor / Virtual XI / Brave New World

Batch 4: June 2019 date TBC
Dance Of Death / A Matter Of Life And Death (standard/collectors) / The Final Frontier / The Book Of Souls*

*not remastered but appearing in Digipak for the first time"

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...on-digipak-cd/

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2018 03:22 PM

Re - The Def Leppard singles set.

You've posted the wrong photo, Susan. That's the recent box set of the first four albums.

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590471)
Re - The Def Leppard singles set.

You've posted the wrong photo, Susan. That's the recent box set of the first four albums.

That's what I thought, but it's the picture that Planet Rock have used to illustrate the 'singles box set'

Thought my brain being fuddled*!

* Too much medication at the moment!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2018 02:58 PM

Thom Yorke's Suspiria soundtrack 2 discs. Out October 26th.

https://store.hmv.com/music/cd/suspiria

Dave Boy 14th October 2018 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Released Friday 19th October

Floor Jansen and Jørn Viggo Lofstad

Attachment 210059

Space Ace

Attachment 210060