Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Upcoming Vinyl, CD, Cassette music releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/13827-upcoming-vinyl-cd-cassette-music-releases.html)

Susan Foreman 4th October 2018 12:18 PM

Upcoming Vinyl, CD, Cassette music releases

Use this thread to give details of new music releases

Susan Foreman 4th October 2018 12:29 PM

Kate Bush

Album Remasters and Rare Tracks | Kate Bush

"Kate will release remastered versions of her album catalogue on vinyl and CD in November. This is the first (and definitive) programme of remastering and includes the release of many rarities and cover versions on vinyl and CD for the first time. Pre-order available from 2pm on 4th October.

The vinyl albums – all Kate’s studio work – will be released in 4 separate boxes, the first two on November 16 and the latter two on November 30. The CD boxes will be staggered on the same dates. The live album ‘Before The Dawn’ is included in CD Box 2 in its original mastered form.

The albums, many of which have been unavailable on vinyl for a decade, have been remastered by Kate and James Guthrie. Kate’s 10 studio albums are spread over 3 vinyl boxes, whilst the 4th box contains many rarities previously unavailable on vinyl, including a whole disc of cover versions. The total number of vinyl discs is 18.

The Vinyl Boxes will be;

Kate Bush Remastered in Vinyl 1
The Kick Inside, Lionheart, Never For Ever, The Dreaming

Kate Bush Remastered in Vinyl 2
Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, The Red Shoes

Kate Bush Remastered in Vinyl 3
Aerial, Director's Cut, 50 Words for Snow

Kate Bush Remastered In Vinyl 4
12" Mixes, The Other Side 1, The Other Side 2, In Others' Words

The CD formats comprise:

Kate Bush Remastered Part 1
The Kick Inside, Lionheart, Never For Ever, The Dreaming, Hounds of Love, The Sensual World, The Red Shoes

Kate Bush Remastered Part 2
Aerial, Director's Cut, 50 Words for Snow, Before the Dawn (Original Mastering) 12" Mixes, The Other Side 1, The Other Side 2, In Others' Words

The track-listing for the fourth vinyl box and the final 4 CDs of the second CD box is:

Kate Bush - Remastered In Vinyl IV

12” MIXES
  • Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)
  • The Big Sky (Meteorological Mix)
  • Cloudbusting (The Orgonon Mix)
  • Hounds Of Love (Alternative Mix)
  • Experiment IV (Extended Mix)

THE OTHER SIDE 1
  • Walk Straight Down The Middle
  • You Want Alchemy
  • Be Kind To My Mistakes
  • Lyra
  • Under The Ivy
  • Experiment IV
  • Ne T’Enfuis Pas
  • Un Baiser D’Enfant
  • Burning Bridge
  • Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) 2012 Remix

THE OTHER SIDE 2
  • Home For Christmas
  • One Last Look Around The House Before We Go
  • I’m Still Waiting
  • Warm And Soothing
  • Show A Little Devotion
  • Passing Through Air
  • Humming
  • Ran Tan Waltz
  • December Will Be Magic Again
  • Wuthering Heights (Remix / New Vocal from ‘The Whole Story’)

IN OTHERS’ WORDS
  • Rocket Man
  • Sexual Healing
  • Mná na hÉireann
  • My Lagan Love
  • The Man I Love
  • Brazil (Sam Lowry’s First Dream)
  • The Handsome Cabin Boy
  • Lord Of The Reedy River
  • Candle In The Wind

Doesn't seem to be an inclusion for the 'Live At Hammersmith' EP tho

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th October 2018 12:47 PM

Good idea for a thread, Susan. :clap:

Saves posting info like this in the Metalheads or What are you Listening to? threads as i do on occasions.

Susan Foreman 4th October 2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 589744)
Good idea for a thread, Susan. :clap:

Saves posting info like this in the Metalheads or What are you Listening to? threads as i do on occasions.

I would give a *like* for that, but until we work out a way to 'go back a page from page 1', it's going to be impossible!

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th October 2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 589745)
I would give a *like* for that, but until we work out a way to 'go back a page from page 1', it's going to be impossible!

:lol:

Justin101 4th October 2018 02:24 PM

Those Kate Bush box sets look lovely, but clearly very expensive;
Box set number 1 would be my first choice. I probably wont buy any though, sadly.

Justin101 4th October 2018 02:25 PM

£90 for each vinyl box set and £60 each for the CD box sets...

gag 4th October 2018 02:35 PM

Vinyl has slowly made a comeback (to some people and odd DJ it never went ) hence why they made portable players to carry around wirh you for eg if you went for a picnic or something along those lines but sadly the prices I've seen some albums go for will stop it from making the comeback because they are shocking , seen some albums £40 in some shops.

bleakshaun 6th October 2018 08:33 PM

There is later this month a cd/dvd release of R.E.M at the BBC.
Due out on October 19th, 8 discs for £59.99.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th October 2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 589971)
There is later this month a cd/dvd release of R.E.M at the BBC.
Due out on October 19th, 8 discs for £59.99.

I have two of those. Blondie and Siouxsie and the Banshees. Both excellent releases. I'll have to look into the REM one. Sixty quid is a bit steep though.

Inspector Abberline 7th October 2018 10:08 PM

Glastonbury 2000 [2CD + 1DVD] CD+DVD, Box set

1 Attachment(s)
Glastonbury 2000 [2CD + 1DVD] CD+DVD, Box set.This title will be released on November 30..

A rather impressive set list from Bowie's 2000 headline act at Glastonbury...

Attachment 209848

sillyarsehole 8th October 2018 04:01 PM

Anyone getting a copy of the Thom Yorke soundtrack for Suspiria?

Dave Boy 8th October 2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 589750)
£90 for each vinyl box set and £60 each for the CD box sets...

I'm going to wait until the price comes down. I have all of Kate's albums anyway. It's not as if they have not been remastered before.
The prize in this set is the 'The Other Side' discs for me.

And it would be have been good if 'Live At Hammersmith 1979' had a release in this set, and included tracks from the concert not on the EP or video.

I was talking to a mate, another Kate Bush fan about these sets and he would have preferred a DVD/Blu ray of the 'Before The Dawn' concerts instead.

Susan Foreman 8th October 2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 590111)
And it would be have been good if 'Live At Hammersmith 1979' had a release in this set, and included tracks from the concert not on the EP or video.

Agreed. There were an awful lot of songs that were performed on the tour that were not included on the official video release. Titles highlighted have never seen the light of day
  • Moving
  • The Saxophone Song
  • Room for the Life
  • Them Heavy People
  • The Man With the Child in His Eyes
  • Egypt
  • L'amour Looks Something Like You
  • Violin
  • In the Warm Room
  • Strange Phenomena
  • Hammer Horror
  • Kashka from Baghdad
  • Don't Push Your Foot on the Heartbrake
  • Wow
  • Coffee Homeground
  • In Search of Peter Pan
  • Symphony in Blue
  • Feel It
  • Kite
  • James and the Cold Gun
  • Oh England My Lionheart
  • Wuthering Heights
although 'Them Heavy People' and 'L'amour Looks Something Like You' were included on the 'On Stage' vinyl EP release

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 590111)
I was talking to a mate, another Kate Bush fan about these sets and he would have preferred a DVD/Blu ray of the 'Before The Dawn' concerts instead.

Again agreed

The shows were filmed, but apparently Kate (ever the perfectionist) wasn't happy with the result, so it seems to have been permanently 'put on hold'

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:15 PM

Def Leppard are to release a new greatest hits compilation called ‘The Story So Far - The Best Of’.

Released on Friday 30th November, ‘The Story So Far – The Best Of' is available to buy on the following formats; a 2-CD set comprised of 35 tracks, 1-CD comprised of 17 tracks, 2LP vinyl, and digital.

The album features blockbuster tracks from Def Leppard’s entire four-decade career together with the official studio version of the band’s cover of Depeche Mode’s ‘Personal Jesus’.

As a bonus for collectors, the first pressing vinyl copies of ‘The Story So Far’ feature an exclusive 7” single of ‘Personal Jesus’ and ‘We All Need Christmas.’

The acoustic ballad ‘We All Need Christmas’ is a heart-warming festive anthem complete with obligatory sleigh bells. Def Leppard describe it as ‘fireside-ready with its uplifting, hopeful spirit and sense of seasonal soul.’

‘The Story So Far – The Best Of’ track-listing is as follows:

Disc 1

1. Animal
2. Photograph
3. Pour Some Sugar On Me
4. Love Bites
5. Let’s Get Rocked
6. Armaggedon It
7. Foolin’
8. Two Steps Behind
9. Heaven Is
10. Rocket
11. Hysteria
12. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
13. Make Love Like A Man
14. Action
15. When Love & Hate Collide
16. Rock of Ages
17. Personal Jesus

Disc 2

1. Let’s Go
2. Promises
3. Slang
4. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak
5. Rock On (Radio Remix)
6. Nine Lives (feat. Tim McGraw)
7. Work It Out
8. Stand Up
9. Dangerous
10. Now
11. Undefeated
12. Tonight
13. C’Mon C’Mon
14. Man Enough
15. No Matter What
16. All I Want Is Everything
17. It’s All About Believing
18. Kings Of The World

On Friday, 30th November the band will also be releasing a new limited edition, 10-disc vinyl box set featuring all of the 7” singles from the multi-platinum album Hysteria.

Aptly entitled ‘Hysteria: The Singles’, the collection boasts repressed versions of all eight 7-inch vinyl singles for Hysteria including their Top-5 hits ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’, ‘Animal’, ‘Love Bites’, ‘Hysteria’, ‘Rocket’ and ‘Armageddon It’.

Two bonus singles ‘Excitable’/‘Run Riot’ (Album Version) and ‘Love and Affection’/’Don’t Shoot The Shotgun’ (Album Version), are only available in this box set.

Housed in a box with a lift-off lid, ‘Hysteria: The Singles’ features new cover art made up of all 10 of the single’s sleeves, including the special Spanish “Animal” single, plus a booklet with a full band discography and an introduction written by Joe Elliott

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...eed-christmas/

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:19 PM

"Iron Maiden’s sixteen studio albums are being released on remastered Digipak CD format over the next nine months via Parlophone Records.

Following on from 2014/2017’s black vinyl releases and 2015’s Mastered for iTunes project, ‘The Studio Collection – Remastered’ will see the studio albums get released on in chronological batches of four from November 2018 to June 2019.

The recordings are taken from the same remasters as the 2015 hi-res digital releases and all the releases will be available to listen to on streaming platforms.

For the keen Iron Maiden aficionados, one CD from each batch of releases will also be optionally available in a specially artworked box featuring a 1:24 scale figurine and exclusive patch. In the Friday 16th November batch, this will be ‘The Number Of The Beast’.

Iron Maiden bassist and founder Steve Harris says: “We’ve wanted to revisit these for a long time and I was delighted with the remastering we did in 2015. I thought it was the best that our albums have ever sounded and it was only right that we made them available on CD now too.”

The release schedule is as follows:

Batch 1: 16th November 2018
Iron Maiden / Killers / The Number Of The Beast (option of standard or collectors boxset edition including TNOTB Eddie figurine and patch) / Piece Of Mind

Batch 2: February 2019 date TBC
Powerslave / Somewhere In Time (standard/collectors) / Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son / No Prayer For The Dying

Batch 3: April 2019 date TBC
Fear Of The Dark (standard/collectors) / The X Factor / Virtual XI / Brave New World

Batch 4: June 2019 date TBC
Dance Of Death / A Matter Of Life And Death (standard/collectors) / The Final Frontier / The Book Of Souls*

*not remastered but appearing in Digipak for the first time"

https://www.planetrock.com/news/rock...on-digipak-cd/

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2018 03:22 PM

Re - The Def Leppard singles set.

You've posted the wrong photo, Susan. That's the recent box set of the first four albums.

Susan Foreman 12th October 2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590471)
Re - The Def Leppard singles set.

You've posted the wrong photo, Susan. That's the recent box set of the first four albums.

That's what I thought, but it's the picture that Planet Rock have used to illustrate the 'singles box set'

Thought my brain being fuddled*!

* Too much medication at the moment!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2018 02:58 PM

Thom Yorke's Suspiria soundtrack 2 discs. Out October 26th.

https://store.hmv.com/music/cd/suspiria

Dave Boy 14th October 2018 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Released Friday 19th October

Floor Jansen and Jørn Viggo Lofstad

Attachment 210059

Space Ace

Attachment 210060

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th October 2018 02:29 PM

New album No Tourists from The Prodigy out on Nov 2nd.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th October 2018 02:32 PM

New EP The Fallen from Gary Numan out on Nov 9th.

Susan Foreman 7th November 2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 589734)
Kate Bush

Album Remasters and Rare Tracks | Kate Bush

Kate Bush Remastered in Vinyl 3
Aerial, Director's Cut, 50 Words for Snow

The CD formats comprise:

Kate Bush Remastered Part 2
Aerial, Director's Cut, 50 Words for Snow, Before the Dawn (Original Mastering) 12" Mixes, The Other Side 1, The Other Side 2, In Others' Words

Kate Bush removes Rolf Harris from the 2018 remaster of her album Aerial | superdeluxeedition

No mention about whether he will still be on the new release of 'The Dreaming' however

**If you are going to comment on this post, remember forum etiquette, and keep it pleasant!

Susan Foreman 28th November 2018 07:07 AM

Metallica To Release Acoustic Album In February | Kerrang

"Metallica are set to release their first-ever acoustic album on February 1st, with all proceeds going to their All Within My Hands foundation.

The album, titled 'Helping Hands… Live & Acoustic At The Masonic', was recorded during their Helping Hands Benefit Concert held in San Francisco on November 3rd.

The 12-song set featured rearranged versions of Metallica tracks and covers of Deep Purple, Nazareth, Bob Seger and Blue Öyster Cult classics."

Disc One / Side A
1. Disposable Heroes
2. When A Blind Man Cries (Deep Purple)
3. The Unforgiven

Disc One / Side B
1. Please Don’t Judas Me (Nazareth)
2. Turn the Page (Bob Seger)

Disc Two / Side C
1. Bleeding Me
2. Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Blue Öyster Cult)
3. Nothing Else Matters

Disc Two / Side D
1. All Within My Hands
2. Enter Sandman
3. The Four Horsemen
4. Hardwired

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 593311)

"Metallica are set to release their first-ever acoustic album on February 1st, with all proceeds going to their All Within My Hands foundation.

The album, titled 'Helping Hands… Live & Acoustic At The Masonic', was recorded during their Helping Hands Benefit Concert held in San Francisco on November 3rd.

The 12-song set featured rearranged versions of Metallica tracks and covers of Deep Purple, Nazareth, Bob Seger and Blue Öyster Cult classics."

Disc One / Side A
1. Disposable Heroes
3. The Unforgiven

Disc One / Side B
1. Please Don’t Judas Me (Nazareth)
2. Turn the Page (Bob Seger)

Disc Two / Side C
1. Bleeding Me
2. Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Blue Öyster Cult)
3. Nothing Else Matters

Disc Two / Side D
1. All Within My Hands
2. Enter Sandman
3. The Four Horsemen
4. Hardwired

I'm definitely interested in this....but a double cd for a mere 12 songs?

Justin101 28th November 2018 09:00 AM

It looks like it's vinyl only, or that's what I got from the Kerrang! article.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2018 10:27 PM

The Within Temptation album has been put back to FEB 2019.

Annoying as i'd hoped i might be getting it for Chrimbo.

Only just noticed this. It was announced a week ago though.

Justin101 29th November 2018 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 593427)
The Within Temptation album has been put back to FEB 2019.

Annoying as i'd hoped i might be getting it for Chrimbo.

Only just noticed this. It was announced a week ago though.

Yes it is annoying as I also had it on my Christmas list lol!

They cited manufacturing issues!!

Susan Foreman 7th December 2018 08:26 PM

On January 25th, King Diamond will release a new DVD/Blu-ray, Songs For The Dead Live!! Order now at https://www.metalblade.com/kingdiamond

"There is only one King Diamond, and for more than thirty years the great Dane has been dropping classic albums and putting on shows fans remember for the rest of their lives. Perhaps the only downside to having such a formidable catalogue is that there are just too many great songs to fit into a single set. However, you would be hard-pressed to find a fan who wouldn't want to hear 1987's seminal Abigail in its entirety, and Songs For The Dead Live captures this, twice, and in very different locales. Boasting eighteen songs per set, each of the two shows - Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting in June 2016 and Philadelphia's Fillmore in November 2015 - feature a brace of classic King Diamond and Mercyful Fate tracks including "Welcome Home," "Halloween," and "Eye Of The Witch" before launching into Abigail. The performances of the all-star lineup of musicians, comprising of guitarists Andy LaRocque and Mike Wead, bassist Pontus Egberg and drummer Matt Thompson, are absolutely ferocious, hammering home every single moment."

Available as:
--2DVD/CD 6-Panel Digipak
--Blu-ray (includes audio digital download of Philadelphia Show)
--special edition box set with 5 discs (2DVD, 2CD, 1 Blu-ray) plus poster, flier, laminate, setlist, ticket, sticker, and guitar pick (limited to 3000 copies)
--opaque blue with white splatter vinyl (US retail exclusive - limited to 600 copies)
--opaque red with black splatter vinyl (US webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
--opaque white with black splatter vinyl (US webstore exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
--180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
--transparent amber marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 700 copies)
--clear ghost white vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 500 copies)
--orange-brown/black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
--black/purple melt vinyl (Nuclear Blast exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
--orange/red marbled vinyl (Napalm exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
--clear lavender marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
--clear ash grey marbled vinyl (Bengan exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
--pink blue marbled vinyl (Ebay exclusive - limited to 200 copies)

Graspop Metal Meeting track-listing
1. Out from the Asylum
2. Welcome Home
3. Sleepless Nights
4. Halloween
5. Eye of the Witch
6. Melissa
7. Come to the Sabbath
8. Them
9. Funeral
10. Arrival
11. A Mansion in Darkness
12. The Family Ghost
13. The 7th Day of July 1777
14. Omens
15. The Possession
16. Abigail
17. Black Horsemen
18. Insanity

The Fillmore track-listing
1. Out from the Asylum
2. Welcome Home
3. Sleepless Nights
4. Eye of the Witch
5. Halloween
6. Melissa
7. Come to the Sabbath
8. Them
9. Funeral
10. Arrival
11. A Mansion in Darkness
12. The Family Ghost
13. The 7th Day of July 1777
14. Omens
15. The Possession
16. Abigail
17. Black Horsemen
18. Insanity

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2018 11:18 PM

Ooh! That King Diamond dvd will be mine. :xmascan:

Susan Foreman 8th December 2018 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 593311)

"Metallica are set to release their first-ever acoustic album on February 1st, with all proceeds going to their All Within My Hands foundation."

Disc One / Side A
1. Disposable Heroes
3. The Unforgiven

Just released as a taster

Susan Foreman 23rd December 2018 05:27 PM

23 rock and metal albums to look forward to in 2019 | Planet Rock

1. Thunder – ‘Please Remain Seated’

Two years on since the release of ‘Rip It Up’, the hard rockers are poised to return with ‘Please Remain Seated’. But let’s face it: based on Thunder’s recent form, there’s very little chance of that happening. Released on 18th January, the 12-song collection features ‘radically reworked versions’ of songs from throughout Thunder’s distinguished career. Planet Rock’s very own Danny Bowes says of the recording process: “We set ourselves three rules: work fast, don’t aim for perfection, and make it different to the original.”

2. Whitesnake – ‘Flesh & Blood’

Whitesnake have been promising to release the long-gestating ‘Flesh & Blood’ for over a year now. Whatever the reasons for its delay, work on the album is complete and it now looks as if it’ll finally be with us by May 2019. And with a massive US and European tour confirmed - including a coveted main stage slot at Download Festival - the return of David Coverdale and co. can’t come quick enough.

3. Joanne Shaw Taylor – ‘Reckless Heart’

One of the finest blues talents to have emerged from these shores for some time, Joanne Shaw Taylor is set to release ‘Reckless Heart’ – her seventh album in 10 years – in the opening overs of 2019. Released in March via her new label home of Silvertone/Sony and produced by Al Sutton (Greta Van Fleet/Kid Rock), Joanne says of the record: “I couldn’t be happier with it; we managed to incorporate my love of soul, blues and rock into the album and I think it’s probably my most honest work to date. I just hope my fans enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it".

4. AC/DC - TBA

You’d be forgiven for thinking that the combination Brian Johnson’s enforced lay-off, Phil Rudd’s legal woes, Cliff Williams’ retirement and the untimely passing of Malcolm Young would have led to the end of the road for this venerable rock institution. However, recent photos of Angus Young, Johnson, Rudd and Stevie Young outside a Canadian recording studio suggest otherwise. One last hurrah? Let’s hope so.

5. Pearl Jam – TBA

Their return after a five-hiatus with ‘Can’t Deny Me’ earlier this year emphatically displayed that Pearl Jam had lost none of the ire and passion that made so many fall in love with them in the first place. And given where the world is at since the release of 2013’s ‘Lightning Bolt’, we’re expecting plenty more of that. No further details have been revealed about the album apart from it’s co-produced by the band alongside long-term collaborator Brendan O’Brien.

6. Megadeth - TBA

With their upcoming inaugural Megacruise set to sail into the Pacific next October, Megadeth will reveal whether they’re thrash metal pirates or Saga louts. But before all that, there remains the not inconsiderably small matter of their as-yet-untitled sixteenth studio album. Lynchpin Dave Mustaine said they were “wrapping up” the music back in autumn and they hope to unleash it in 2019.

7. Rival Sons – ‘Feral Roots’

Displaying a work ethic that would make most modern bands blush, hard rock classicists Rival Sons are poised to return on 25th January with the appropriately entitled ‘Feral Roots’, their sixth album in 10 years. As heralded by the filthy groove of ‘Do Your Worst’, it looks as if Rival Sons will be doing the opposite of that.

8. Volbeat – TBA

The Danish rockers have confirmed that not only are they working on their seventh studio album, they’ve also hinted that some special guest appearances are being lined-up. Though details are sketchy, the band has stated that longtime producer Jacob Hansen will be twiddling the knobs once again.

9. Rammstein - TBA

Quite simply, April can’t come soon enough for that’s when the industrial metal titans’ long awaited seventh studio album is expected to drop. It’ll be almost a decade since the release of ‘Liebe ist für alle da’ and we’re needing plenty of new sounds. Factor in Rammstein's sold-out Milton Keynes Stadium gig in July and 2019 could well be theirs for the taking.

10. Black Star Riders – TBA

Speaking to Wyatt at Planet Rockstock earlier this month, Ricky Warwick confirmed Black Star Riders have already demoed 16 songs for the follow-up to February 2017’s ‘Heavy Fire’ and they hit the studio in January with esteemed producer Jay Ruston at the helm. With Christian Martucci now within their ranks replacing the departing Damon Johnson, Ricky has promised the new material will be “a departure” from their previous long-players. Exciting.

11. Altitudes & Attitude – ‘Get It Out’

Altitudes & Attitude, a collaboration between Anthrax’s Frank Bello and Megadeth’s David Ellefson, will unleash their debut album ‘Get It Out’ to the world on 18th January. Boasting the bruising lead single ‘Out Here’, the two thrash icons will take the album out on the road in the UK in February.

12. Guns N’ Roses – TBA

Admittedly, this is a highly tenuous one but speaking to US radio station KSHE.95 in December 2018, Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus said “we’re going to try and do another record and get it out soon. The band’s so great right now.” He later added: “I think it will happen faster than you think. I sure hope it happens faster than you think” before confirming a single “could definitely” be released in 2019. We live in hope!

13. Alter Bridge – TBA

As if Myles Kennedy and Mark Tremonti weren’t busy enough with all their other musical ventures - Tremonti, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators and Myles’ solo career – Myles revealed in November that work was already underway on the follow-up to 2016's 'The Last Hero’. Confirming a planned 2019 release date, Myles said: “There are a whole bunch of ideas being thrown around. It's pretty exciting stuff.”

14. Mötley Crüe – TBA

Back in September, Vince Neil dropped the bombshell that Mötley Crüe are hitting the studio to lay down four new tracks for the upcoming Netflix adaptation of their infamous biography ‘The Dirt’. It’s highly likely that these tracks will end up on a soundtrack album for ‘The Dirt’, but, who knows, with Neil clarifying that their 2015 “contract not to tour anymore” doesn’t affect studio work, maybe we could see a full-length album too?!

15. Dream Theater - ‘Distance Over Time’

The progressive metal overlords will release their 14th studio album via their new label home of InsideOutMusic / Sony Music on 22nd February 2019. Billed as being Dream Theater at their “most dynamic, direct and definitive”, the omens are looking good so far thanks to the muscular and thematically weighty lead single ‘Untethered Angel’.

16. Tony Iommi – TBA

Speaking at the Whitley Bay Film Festival in August, the heavy metal pioneer confirmed he’s started work on his first solo material since 2005’s ‘Fused’. “I’m still writing stuff,” Tony said of his current activities. “I’ve put ideas down on tapes. When all this nice, sunny weather goes and it gets grim, I shall start going in the studio and putting it down.” Confirming he’s working with Mike Exeter, who engineered Black Sabbath’s ’13, Tony added: “I don’t know what it’s gonna be yet, whether it’ll be an instrumental album. I’ve been approached by a lot of people to do something with them.”

17. Scorpions – TBA

Singer Klaus Meine confirmed back in August that the German hard rock legends are tentatively eyeing up hitting the studio next year. “I think we might be ready next year, at least to go back and come together and start songwriting, and let's see what comes out,” he told SiriusXM. He also said the record would have a “harder edge’ than their previous effort, 2015’s ‘Return To Forever’. If the record does see the light of day, it will be the first Scorpions long-player to feature Mikkey Dee.

18. Saxon – TBA

They may still be touring February 2018’s ‘Thunderbolt’ but Biff Byford has already promised that the Yorkshire metallers will record their twenty-third long-player in 2019. "We'll be recording the new album some time in 2019, definitely,” Biff says. “We don't have to have too much commitment to timings. We're an established band — we can pretty much do what we want. If we feel like writing, then we write. If we don't feel like writing, then we don't write. Simple as that."

19. Biff Byford – TBA

As if touring and recording with Saxon wasn’t enough, Biff is also primed to release his debut solo album in 2019. He revealed in September that he’d completed all the music and was currently working on the lyrics. Describing the vibe, Biff said: “It's going to be quite a diverse album, a bit like the last Saxon one, I suppose, but probably a bit more rock n' roll, a bit more mid-tempo.”

20. Mr. Big – TBA

Following the untimely death of drummer and co-founding member, Pat Torpey, at the start of the year, singer Eric Martin has vowed to record one more Mr. Big album before calling it quits. Eyeing up a gap in the band members’ schedules in June/July to lay down the album, Eric said: “I want to do a new record and I also want to have a couple of different drummers on it—ones that Pat really liked; maybe Mike Portnoy, Gregg Bissonette, Ray Luzier from Korn, I really like his playing. Just get some great drummers to do something to honour Pat Torpey.”

21. Mason Hill - TBA

The up-and-coming Glaswegian rockers returned to the fore in the autumn with their blistering new single ‘Hold On’, which swiftly became a mainstay on our airwaves. As anyone who witnessed them on Dan Reed Network’s tour or the last two Planet Rockstocks will attest, the fresh-faced quintet are a potent live force and their debut album in 2019 can’t come soon enough.

22. Fish - ‘Weltschmerz’

Ahead of his impending retirement in 2020, former Marillion frontman Fish will release his ambitious final solo album ‘Weltschmerz’. Containing his poignant anthem ‘Man With A Stick’ plus the brilliant ‘A Parley With Angels’ EP tracks ‘Little Man What Now?’ and ‘Waverley Steps’, if the rest of the record keeps up the ante then we’re in for something very special indeed.

23. Metallica - ‘Helping Hands … Live & Acoustic at the Masonic’

Recorded at their rare acoustic benefit concert in San Francisco in November to raise money for their nonprofit All Within My Hands Foundation, the heavy metal legends will release ‘Helping Hands … Live & Acoustic at the Masonic’ on Friday 1st February. As if alternate versions of Metallica classics weren’t enough to tempt you, the 12-track collection also features covers of tracks by Deep Purple, Nazareth, Bob Seger and Blue Öyster Cult. Oh, and it’s all for ‘charidee’ too!

bleakshaun 23rd December 2018 05:51 PM

No Tool? [emoji54]

Justin101 23rd December 2018 06:01 PM

I'm only really excited about the Dream Theater one from that list, I am curious to hear the AC/DC one as well but not really 'excited' about it!

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 594709)
I'm only really excited about the Dream Theater one from that list, I am curious to hear the AC/DC one as well but not really 'excited' about it!

There are loads on there i'll be interested in. Volbeat, Rammstein, Alter Bridge, Scorpions, AC/DC, Saxon...

Justin101 24th December 2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 594725)
There are loads on there i'll be interested in. Volbeat, Rammstein, Alter Bridge, Scorpions, AC/DC, Saxon...

I know, when I saw the list I thought it was all the bands you enjoy!

I’m sure there will be plenty of forthcoming albums for me this next year too, just on a different list. I know that the new Devin Townsend will be coming soon for example.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th December 2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 594728)
I know, when I saw the list I thought it was all the bands you enjoy!

I’m sure there will be plenty of forthcoming albums for me this next year too, just on a different list. I know that the new Devin Townsend will be coming soon for example.

This year new releases that were vital day one purchases have been pretty thin on the ground (although i've certainly made up for it in back catalogue stuff).

We could do with a few heavyweight releases from the bigger bands in 2019.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th December 2018 11:15 AM

The only one that piqued my interest from that list is Rammstein.

Susan Foreman 24th December 2018 05:23 PM

I'd be interested in hearing about the new solo album from Biff, and whether it is very different to the music he makes with Saxon

bleakshaun 29th December 2018 08:00 PM

Meshuggah have re-released some of their albums to celebrate 25 years

https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label...-reissues.html

2018-09-28 - Swedish extreme tech-metal pioneers*MESHUGGAHare proud to announce the release of a very special vinyl reissue collection celebrating the bands legacy. The collection offers a limited one-time only pressing that includes re-imagined cover artwork, redesigned gatefold jackets, and audio mastered for vinyl. The first five albums will be released via Nuclear Blast on November 30th.

Also looks as though Obzen and Nothing are due out next year as well