All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2008, 03:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post

Dont forget to put a link to your bands material. I'd love to hear it.
What do you play.? bass, lead, drums, etc.
Vocals mate. Unfortunatley I'm hopeless at playing instruments. I started learning guitar briefly a couple of years ago but I'm just devoid of any musical talent i'm sad to say. Good job I can shout pretty loud I can do death metal vocals fairly well aswell but dont really use them in the band as it's more of a hardcore band.

I dont mind some stuff by Public Enemy, I haven't heard much as i'm not a huge rap fan (pretty much just stick to Cypress Hill and Wu-Tang) but I didnt mind some of it.

My musical tastes have really broadened as I got older. When I was in my teens all I listened to was death metal and grindcore and although I still listen to that stuff quite a lot I do enjoy and appreciate more mellow stuff these days. Most of that is still within the alternative genre but recently I've found myself listening to some stuff by The Killers and Bloc Party, indie type stuff. If someone had told me five years ago I'd be listeing to that I would've laughed at them, wierd how that happens. Still, most of what I listen to is made up of Metal, hardcore, metal/deathcore, beatdown, sludgecore, never been into punk in the slightest though.

The only dance type stuff I don't mind is dub/ drum 'n' bass. You into that Vip's? I quite like some of it, I bought Asian Dub Foundations Best Of CD a while back and its got some brilliant stuff on it.
Old 8th October 2008, 03:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Was never really a fan of Drum n Bass, I liked my music a little harder. I really just got into it though working in the club, I was still listening to nbz at home. I think if it wasn't for work i'd a never got into dance music, I certainly dont listen to it now.

Vocal's eh, singing, no matter what form , is talent Hal, so dont run your self down.
Kieth Moon of The Who was never allowed to even sing backing vocals and the band actually banned him from the studio when they were adding backing to some tracks, as he was tuneless when it came to vocals, yet he's regarded as the best drummer ever.

Anyway, its the singer who always gets all the groupies.

Post them links to your tracks when you can mate, i'd love to hear them.

Give us a shout Hal when you've posted them, im off to leave you guys in peace to talk.

Last edited by vipco; 8th October 2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 8th October 2008, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE TIME FREQUENCY GREATEST HITS....anyone remember them.....
LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUUUMMMBBBLLLEEEE!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th October 2008, 07:48 PM
Cultist

Been listening to DEATH IN JUNE a lot, a favourite band of mine for 25 years. first heard them on John Peel.
Old 8th October 2008, 09:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Post them links to your tracks when you can mate, i'd love to hear them.

Give us a shout Hal when you've posted them, im off to leave you guys in peace to talk.
Will do mate. Like I said before we did record some demo versions but they were terrible quality (we recorded them on my mates phone if that gives you an idea of how bad I mean ) so we took them off myspace and decided to wait until we got em done properly. I'll be interested to hear what you think, hope you like them
Old 8th October 2008, 09:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
THE TIME FREQUENCY GREATEST HITS....anyone remember them.....
LET'S GET READY TO RRRRUUUMMMBBBLLLEEEE!
PJ and Duncan?
Old 9th October 2008, 03:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've never been very good with instruments either. I don't have the patience and to be good on guitar or whatever patience is required in abundance. I do have a bass guitar though I seldom bother "playing" it.

Best drummer of all time? What about this guy:

Danny Carey from TOOL.
Old 9th October 2008, 03:58 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Mine would be the legendary Hal Blaine (whom I once met in the USA back in the days when he was coherent).

He drummed on more 60's hits than any living drummer in history, including my old mate Clem Cattini.
Old 9th October 2008, 04:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

My personal favourite is Matt Byers from Misery Index. He played on their album 'Retaliate', the drumming is phenomenal and the blast beats are going a million miles an hour throughout, a human being shouldn't be able to play that fast. I figured it must have had a bit of tweaking but I saw them live and he really is that good, it's insane

I'd say the greatest drummer of all time IMO is Raymond Herrera from Fear Factory. The guys like a human drum machine, check out their 'Demanufacture' or 'Obselete' albums and you'll see what I mean, both masterpieces from start to finish.
Old 9th October 2008, 04:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Herrera certainly does play fast. I like Fear Factory, never been a huge fan but I do have a few of their albums.

Hal Blaine? I can't say I've ever heard of him. But if he drummed in the '60s that probably explains why, lol.

Like this? Share it using the links below!