All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27206Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2008, 03:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
If you want proper metal then I'd recommend NINE BELOW ZERO... they're ACE! You wanna talk mosh pits? Well you ain't felt nothing until you've entered the knee-slapping pit, boy, do my knees take some punishment whenever I enter there! in film talking terms we refer to NBZ as "Kneesploitation".
(sorry for laughing vip's but that cracked me up )

Sorry cloud but can't say I'm looking forward to G'N'R's new album either, they're not for me I'm afraid.
Old 23rd November 2008, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I do try to entertain .

Regarding GnR, well I love their original work and were a band I grew up listening to but Chinese Democracy in my opinion is an incredible album and dare I say better than anything Axl Rose has ever recorded before. It's just so damn catchy, nearly every song on it. There is the odd bad one though like the embarrassingly poor Street Of Dreams. It was always gonna receive a mixed response because a) it has everyone's favourite pantomime villain, Axl Rose, b) it's taken 15 years to release it and c) it's so different from their earlier work.

There Was A Time is the best song I've heard in a very very long time by the way. If you haven't heard it then go to here: http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses the whole album is up. Tomorrow morning it should arrive through my letter box .

Oh and something else. The final versions of these songs sound almost identical to the demos doing the rounds for ages on YouTube and that.
Old 23rd November 2008, 05:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The only Metal CD I ever owned was ' Themes of the WWF' and I only bought it as I love Wrestling.
Did'nt like it though.
Old 23rd November 2008, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
(sorry for laughing vip's but that cracked me up )

Sorry cloud but can't say I'm looking forward to G'N'R's new album either, they're not for me I'm afraid.
Dont worry mate, I had a real good laugh at Clouds post myself.
He (Cloud) does come off with some 'laugh out loud' stuff.
Nice one Cloud . Gave me a good laugh when I read it.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:19 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Been listening to something festive (already!!!!!!!!) lately, namely the cd titled: Mr.Hankey's Christmas Classics which includes classic X-Mas songs including:

- Mr. Hankey The Christmas Poo,

- Christmas In Hell

and...

- Merry ****ing Christmas
Old 24th November 2008, 12:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Hey Vips good man. It's refreshing to see a good sense of humour, especially as forum posters can sometimes be a bit too serious for their own good. Not on here though.

HMV are ****ing useless! I was expecting Chinese Democracy through my door this morning and it ain't. They must have left Reaps in charge of postage so it'll have been sent 252nd class knowing him, just to save a penny or two. That's the first and last time I ever pre-order!
Old 25th November 2008, 09:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Was in tescos yesterday and there was loads of copies sitting on the shelf. £9.91 they were asking for it. May get it for one of the kids xmas.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Pidgeons is the more economical way thesedays sunny.......

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th November 2008, 06:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Why not get one for yourself Dude? It's a brilliant album.

Mine arrived today and came with a bonus LP of the Chinese Democracy single. Hmmm, that's all well and good but I don't use LPs and in fact I think this is the first one I've ever owned. I do have a record player somewhere but it's been gathering dust for the past 20 years . I always used tapes instead and now I'm feeling like a dinosaur .

Anyway Chinese Democracy is a classic. Axl Rose is the man and I now want the next album. Please don't make us wait another 15 years Axl .

PS, my wife says she knows the album by heart due to the vast amount of times she's heard me playing it. She hates GnR though so all the more reason to keep playing it .
Old 29th November 2008, 04:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Glad it wasn't a disapointment cloud. Would have been a bit of a pisser if it had finally come out after 15 years in the making and been crap

Recently bought 'Memory and Humanity' by Funeral for a Friend and 'Life is not a Waiting Room' by Senses Fail. FFAF's new album is great, for me personally I don't think they'll ever better 'Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation' but this is definately up there with their best. Senses Fail's new album is pretty decent aswell, not quite on a par with their last album 'Still Searching' but that's a tough album to better to be fair. Both highly recommended.

I'm currently listening to Suicide Silence's self titled EP. They're album was superb but this is just untouchable. One of the greatest Death Metal CD's ever recorded IMO, not bad to say it's only got 5 tracks 'Swarm' is perhaps the most devastating, punishing, sludgiest onslaught of brutality ever recorded, check it out, you know you want to

Like this? Share it using the links below!