Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree27166Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2009, 08:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Hey man, me too come on, 'Don't Stop Believing' is an absolute classic same goes for 'Heat of the Moment' by Asia
Looks like my musical tastes are rubbing off on some members. Next up..pretty boy floyd!!
Old 12th March 2009, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've seen a photo of Tall Dude and he's the spitting image of Journey's drummer Steve Smith .

The one in the spandex:

I woke up this morning and I was totally knackered, why? Because I was UP ALLLLL NIGHT *clap* DOWN BY THE RIVVVVERRRR.
Old 13th March 2009, 12:12 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The 80's / 90's Mod revival band SECRET AFFAIR, (time for action, glory boys) are playing 4 gigs this summer, 3 in the UK and 1 in the Rebublic of Ireland. (Dublin)

Personally I dont like 'em much myself , but I posted in case anybody else did.

Gig & ticket info can be found at the bands own website.
Old 13th March 2009, 05:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Hey man, me too come on, 'Don't Stop Believing' is an absolute classic same goes for 'Heat of the Moment' by Asia
Don't Stop Believing is quite good actually .
Old 13th March 2009, 05:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Don't Stop Believing is quite good actually .
Haha yeah, it's a belter

Dug out Therapy?'s 'Troublegum' album this afternoon, haven't listened to it for ages. Totally forgot how good it is, superb from start to finish. Every songs just so damn catchy, it's easily one of the best albums of the 90's. Anyone else a fan?
Old 13th March 2009, 05:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Never listened to much Therapy? and what I have heard I wasn't impressed with. Any song recommendations?

Don't Stop Believing is the only song by Journey that I do like, the rest is pure extra extra mature cheese left to mature over many decades and then left to mature a little bit longer.

Tall Dude wears spandex to work btw, I just thought you should all know that.
Old 13th March 2009, 06:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

'Troublegum''s the only album i've ever heard by them tbh, I've heard bits by them off other releases and likewise, wasn't very impressed but this really is a flawless album imo. All the tracks are good but i'd recommend 'Screamager', 'Stop it your killing me', 'nowhere', 'Trigger Inside' or 'Femtex' if your wanting to check them out. They're all brilliant tracks, 'screamager' especially is a classic, I know its their most well known song but it really is awesome.
Old 13th March 2009, 07:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just had a listen and the songs are alright, Screamager is definitely the pick of the bunch. I remember Therapy? being at the height of their popularity around 2000 time.

I'll always insist that the best band to come from Ireland though is the mighty Nine Below Zero. NINE BELOW ZERO'S LEAD SINGER FOR PRESIDENT!!

I've been revisiting My Vitriol recently after buying their B-side album (that I annoyingly missed out on before it went OOP ) and after all the waiting it was a disappointment in all honesty. They're still a good band though, I played Finelines to death back in 2002 time and they have a new album coming out this year I believe. Are you a fan, Hal?
Old 13th March 2009, 07:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Well yeah, of course therapy? are no NBZ, that just goes without saying but they're pretty good. It's strange that they only reached the height of their popularity around 2000 really, 'Troublegum' came out in 1994 if im not mistaken, I would have thought that would have been their finest hour considering. Although I must admit I dont know any of their later stuff really.

Yeah, haven't heard much of My Vitriol but what I have heard i've liked. Might have to check out some more of their stuff. Is Finelines worth a buy then?

Last album I bought was 'Discovering the Waterfront' by Silverstein, you ever heard them cloud? i'm not a huge fan in general but theres some brilliant tracks on Waterfront, 'Your Sword VS My Dagger' is an absolute belter.
Old 13th March 2009, 08:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm not keen on Silverstein, not my type of metal .

Finelines is a must, I think My Vitriol made a really good album fusing different rock/metal genres and making a really atmospheric record. It can be bought for under a fiver now as well, it's an essential purchase and they've been sorely missed. They released a 4 track EP last year which was good though not essential so I'm really eager to hear their new album. I have heard one song from it "We've Lost Our Way" and it's my favourite ever song of theirs, it's incredible. I just went to listen to it on their MySpace page and it's no longer on there .

Here's something to check out in the meantime: http://www.purevolume.com/myvitriol let us know how you get on, even metal lovers like MV!

Like this? Share it using the links below!