Old 5th November 2012, 08:59 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

Wrong acts maybe?
Yes, they are the wrong acts! I was referring to the rock quartet from Las Vegas whose latest album contains songs like:

They are an excellent live act, compiling a fine set list from their back catalogue and using the lights, pyrotechnics and video monitor to great effect, ensuring no one went home disappointed and are one of the best bands I've seen live.
Old 5th November 2012, 09:40 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Yes, they are the wrong acts! I was referring to the rock quartet from Las Vegas whose latest album contains songs like:

They are an excellent live act, compiling a fine set list from their back catalogue and using the lights, pyrotechnics and video monitor to great effect, ensuring no one went home disappointed and are one of the best bands I've seen live.

I was there last night too Nos as my girlfriend's a big fan. I'm not really into them although do like some of their singles, especially some of the stuff from Sam's Town) but it was a great show. Brandon Flowers is a great frontman with a lot of energy and I was surprised at how strong his voice was and all the stageshow stuff like the lights and fireworks were great. It says a lot about them that I'm not really a fan but left the gig feeling really entertained and was never bored. Thought Tegan and Sarah were good too.

Incidentally Nos, did you think it was a mistake that the arena lights didn't go down for the first song? It seemed really odd to see a band fully lit like that.
VicDakin likes this.
Old 5th November 2012, 09:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

John Barleycorn (Must Die) Traffic - John Barleycorn - YouTube
Old 5th November 2012, 11:19 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I was there last night too Nos as my girlfriend's a big fan. I'm not really into them although do like some of their singles, especially some of the stuff from Sam's Town) but it was a great show. Brandon Flowers is a great frontman with a lot of energy and I was surprised at how strong his voice was and all the stageshow stuff like the lights and fireworks were great. It says a lot about them that I'm not really a fan but left the gig feeling really entertained and was never bored. Thought Tegan and Sarah were good too.

Incidentally Nos, did you think it was a mistake that the arena lights didn't go down for the first song? It seemed really odd to see a band fully lit like that.
I went with two people who hadn't heard more than a few songs and left as fans, wanting to hear more. Like you say, Brandon Flowers is a very good frontmen and he knew exactly when to sing at full volume and when to be quiet, letting the crowd sing his words back to him.

As for the beginning of the concert, every band tends to do something different and I really liked how they just walked on and started playing with the house lights on – Mr Brightside was a really good choice for the opening song – and don't think it was a mistake as it allowed the band to see everyone in the arena and how they responded.
VicDakin and PaulD like this.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I don't mind some of their songs but I can't get into the later albums after Sam's Town. And Mr Brightside has been in my bands set since I joined them 3 years ago, the guitarist I replaced couldn't play it so me playing it while warming up at my audition sealed the deal for them, it's always a favourite sing along a gigs our gigs
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th November 2012, 01:48 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post

Look, this is getting confusing

Not only do we have a band who have stolen their name from a number of songs, but we also have a band who have stolen the title for one of their songs from the name of a seminal rock band:

*Note - count yourself lucky that I didn't suggest that they had stolen the title of their song from this one:

ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th November 2012, 07:08 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Look, this is getting confusing

Not only do we have a band who have stolen their name from a number of songs, but we also have a band who have stolen the title for one of their songs from the name of a seminal rock band
I wouldn't say stolen, more referenced!
Old 5th November 2012, 07:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Like this? Share it using the links below!