Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

You won't be disappointed H22

They rock big time

And agreed, great story Trench!!
Old 14th September 2008, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Yes Vips, same trench you met in town, but you can add 10 years to your 24!

Aye, it was cool alright. I'm no fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but back in the day they tried to sneak out of their little van and hide from the fans but I stopped them! Nice enough they were. Chad Smith was rather chatty. Saw Henry Rollins at the back of the venue but didn't bother him. Also met "Massacre", an old school death metal band, they were sound as ****.

I was totally fearless back then. I had a chance a few years ago to chat with my favourite vocalist of all time, Mark Lanegan, and all I could do was stand there with a cig in my mouth kind of staring at him whilst he stared at me. He's a very shy fella though, so I've convinced myself that I was doing him a favour by not approaching him! Still though, there wasn't anyone else about, it was a chance encounter, still regret not saying hello at least!
Old 14th September 2008, 11:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

**** me Trench, you dont look a day over 24 mate.
Please pardon my language, but im in utter shock.

You should see this guy, he's like a male model in his mid twentys top's. True bill, i've met him.

Again, forgive the language, but I really am shocked.
Old 15th September 2008, 10:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I once met John Tardy from Obituary and got him to sign my gig ticket, he was a pretty cool guy. Also, GWAR were sorted, they don't half put on an awesome show. Unfortunatley when they came out to the bar afterwards though they had taken their costumes off which was a bit disappointing as i'd have liked to get some photos with them like that, nice guys though.

I know what you mean Trench about not being able to approach people sometimes, I saw Poison the Well once at a tiny bar in Leeds, they're one of my favourite bands of all time and I got there early to find Jeff, the vocalist sitting at the bar and I just didn't know what to say. I really regret not approaching him but I got cold feet
Old 15th September 2008, 11:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I met all of nine below zero at The Empire in 96.
I was invited backstage to their dressing room and stayed for about 20 minutes. They were really down to earth guys and the singer Dennis Greeves made fun at my feeble attempt to grow a stripe down my chin like his. ( see avatar ) Every time I spoke to him he kept laughing at it.

With working in a dance club i've met and partyed with all the top DJ's of the house music scene, Jeremy Healy ( birthday present ) Brandon Block, Alex P, Lisa Pin up to name a few.
The parties were crazy .
Old 16th September 2008, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I met all of nine below zero at The Empire in 96.
I was invited backstage to their dressing room and stayed for about 20 minutes. They were really down to earth guys and the singer Dennis Greeves made fun at my feeble attempt to grow a stripe down my chin like his. ( see avatar ) Every time I spoke to him he kept laughing at it.

With working in a dance club i've met and partyed with all the top DJ's of the house music scene, Jeremy Healy ( birthday present ) Brandon Block, Alex P, Lisa Pin up to name a few.
The parties were crazy .
Sounds cool vips. I had a "landing strip" beard for years, shaved it off at the beginning of the year.

Currently listening to the new Squarepusher album, ****ing immense it is, but then almost all of his releases are! What a bass player / programmer / musical genius that boy is, love him.
Old 16th September 2008, 10:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The new Metallica album is pure gold

A proper return to form

I should know, I bought Reloaded!!!
Old 17th September 2008, 09:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quite looking forward to Slipknot's new album. They're last effort was a bit mediocre, only the odd good song here and there, from what i've heard of their new one so far it's a big improvement.
Old 17th September 2008, 11:55 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Seems i may be the only one on here who has a love for the aor genre,but if there is any fellow fans out there,i recommend you check out the new album from khymera,the greatest wonder. Absolutely superb,with not a duff track on it.
Lush keyboards,soaring choruses,hook filled guitars and superb singing.
Brilliant stuff!

Now...back to normality.
Old 17th September 2008, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Whats aor.?
Pardon my ignorance.

Like this? Share it using the links below!