Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks for the link Cloud.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
Is sludge the Southern equivalent of what Lee Dorrian was / is doing with Cathedral? Cathedral are fantastic. Well, first album / demo's were amazing, second album was worth a shot but admittedly I haven't heard much since.

What about Doomriders? They do a fantastic cover version of Danzig's "Possession", probably better than the original.
Yeah, Cathedral's first album was great. That's the only one I've heard though. I saw them live once and they were really good. Hard to believe Lee Dorrian was the original vocalist for Napalm Death. Their Scum album featuring him is an absolute classic, the album that pretty much single handedly invented Grindcore.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thanks for the link Cloud.
Did you watch the video Vip's? what did you reckon to them?

If you wanna check out the other type of sludge (sludgecore) then check out Suicide Silence's video for 'Destruction of a Statue'. Remember to crank your speakers up to full first though

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=iu4iSndrofM
Old 5th October 2008, 01:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Was'nt that keen on the first one but the second ones definetly more to my liking.

I wish you'd check out Nine Below Zero on the Young Ones or some of the electric live concert footage as its really much harder than the link Cloud put for them.
Old 5th October 2008, 01:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Let me just point out though that Stoner Sludge is completely different to Deathcore. Deathcore is all out brutality with no melody, Stoner Sludge is all out melody.

Sludge is similar to Doom Metal (Cathedral), the key difference though is that there is no Gothic ambiance in Sludge... just all out WHITE PRIDE!
Old 5th October 2008, 01:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Vipco WHAT?!??? You preferred Suicide Silence to Down??? I'm shocked.

I would listen to Nine Below Zero again but I'll end up with sore knees .
Old 5th October 2008, 01:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Definetly Cloud.
Suicide had a sound that if you were at that gig you'd be jumping about grabing and pushing people. Great Stuff.

BTW Cloud, did you know in the early days of nbz their gigs were pretty dangerous places to go to .
Old 5th October 2008, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Hard to believe Lee Dorrian was the original vocalist for Napalm Death. Their Scum album featuring him is an absolute classic, the album that pretty much single handedly invented Grindcore.
Nic Bullen was the original vocalist, that's him you can hear tearing through the A-side of "Scum". Dorrian only appears on the B-side.

This fact astonished me when I first found out.
Old 5th October 2008, 07:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trench View Post
Nic Bullen was the original vocalist, that's him you can hear tearing through the A-side of "Scum". Dorrian only appears on the B-side.

This fact astonished me when I first found out.
Woah. Me too. I didn't know that. Damn, I'm embarassed now Theres me thinking i'm a big Napalm Death fan aswell. LOL. I've seen them live before but it was with Barney Greenway on vocals (my girlfriend fell asleep during the gig I couldn't believe it, at a naplam death gig! I didn't even think it was possible )
Old 5th October 2008, 07:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Was'nt that keen on the first one but the second ones definetly more to my liking.

I wish you'd check out Nine Below Zero on the Young Ones or some of the electric live concert footage as its really much harder than the link Cloud put for them.
I've gotta say mate, I'm surprised aswell. Cool, hey, if you want more where that came from just let me know

btw, at those type of beatdown gigs it's not so much grabbing and pushing people but more like beating the absolute shit out of people. Lost count of the times I've come home with black eyes, fat lips and bruised knuckles, it's a seriously brutal affair, a great night out for all involved

Like this? Share it using the links below!