Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music

Like Tree27202Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2009, 05:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Hate songs is class alright. Remember them pissing off all the rockers at a Sepultura gig years ago. Crowd were calling for them to play faster so they slowed it down to a sludge fest! Great stuff.
Haha, I was at the Belfast gig, the crowd hated them alright! I think I know about 3 people who actually loved it, myself included.
Old 1st October 2009, 05:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Dug out the old trusty Reign in Blood today

Also Listening to Dalek a lot. Absence is one of the heaviest (non metal)albums out there.
Old 4th October 2009, 12:05 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Been listening to something rather different lately and I LUV IT!

It's the classical piece, Danse Macabre and it's just excellent! The story behind it, of how Death, as a skeleton, will entise everyone into his dance of death is really creepy!

Check this out too:

Old 6th October 2009, 05:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

These are the albums i've been plugging recently:

August Burns Red - Constellations Awesome album, bruising metalcore and Jake Luhrs is an incredible vocalist, I've been listening to it a lot since it came out but still can't help but think it's just not quite as good as their last release 'Messengers'

The Red Shore - Unconsecrated Superb australian death metal, can't stop listening to this at the moment, Very heavy!

Symphony In Peril - The Whores Trophy One of my favourite albums of all time, bludgeoning hardcore/ metalcore with some of the most powerful, crushing breakdowns I've ever heard, 'Waiting to Breathe' is untouchable IMO

War From A Harlots Mouth - Transmetroplitan Great deathcore band, only got round to picking this up last week but I'm hooked, brutal as it comes with a bit of Dillinger Escape Plan esque experimental jazz thrown into the mix

Austrian Death Machine - Total Brutal Man this albums awesome! Furious metalcore courtesy of As I Lay Dying's Tim Lambesis all based on the works of Arnold Schwarzanegger, great fun to listen to, 'Who Is Your Daddy and What Does He Do?' How can you go wrong?
Old 6th October 2009, 06:46 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Nice to see someone else here rocking to Austrian Death Machine!
Get to the Choppa!
Old 6th October 2009, 09:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
Nice to see someone else here rocking to Austrian Death Machine!
Get to the Choppa!
Yeah man, theyre awesome Bought it solely on the basis that i'm a huge As I Lay Dying fan, having never heard any of the tracks and it absolutley blew me away!

Off to see Suicide Silence and Trigger the Bloodshed in a couple of weeks supporting Devildriver (who I cant say im particularly keen on) but counting down the days to see Silence and Bloodshed, Can't wait! Gonna be broo-tall!
Old 6th October 2009, 09:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been listening to some Be Bop Deluxe and some Warren Zevon over the past few days.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!

Last edited by DeadAlive; 7th October 2009 at 07:55 AM.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Been listening to John Denver recently....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:02 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

A bit of Sonnyboy Williamson , one of the all time Blues Greats.

Also the odd bit of emo but I dont know that many bands in this style so it was good but limited.

Had a listen to Dennis Greaves 'other band' The Truth as well but not a patch on Nine Below Zero.
A few Rory Gallagher tracks also.
Old 7th October 2009, 01:12 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Yeah man, theyre awesome Bought it solely on the basis that i'm a huge As I Lay Dying fan, having never heard any of the tracks and it absolutley blew me away!

Off to see Suicide Silence and Trigger the Bloodshed in a couple of weeks supporting Devildriver (who I cant say im particularly keen on) but counting down the days to see Silence and Bloodshed, Can't wait! Gonna be broo-tall!
You ever listened to Arno Corps? Basically exactly the same thing as ADM, as in metal songs about Arnie films. IMO not as good as ADM but they did it first. Who would ever think there would be 2 schwarzenegger themed metal bands on one planet!

Like this? Share it using the links below!