Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/5582-metalheads-unite-%5Cm-%5Cm.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 483672)
I would imagine a lot of casual people in the audience were more familiar with The Who then they were with the bands that were covered on 'The Spaghetti Incident' CD

There shouldn't be any casual people at an intimate club gig. Surely you're not suggesting the band would cater for them. Why would any non fan want to pay the ridiculous prices they are charging to see them?

You did admit it was a strange choice so we'll leave it at that.

Susan Foreman 2nd April 2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 483675)
There shouldn't be any casual people at an intimate club gig. Surely you're not suggesting the band would cater for them. Why would any non fan want to pay the ridiculous prices they are charging to see them?

You did admit it was a strange choice so we'll leave it at that.

OK, but as a final remark, strange as it seems, GnR covered the Pink Floyd song 'Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2' on the 2012 Appetite for Democracy tour!

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 483677)
OK, but as a final remark, strange as it seems, GnR covered the Pink Floyd song 'Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2' on the 2012 Appetite for Democracy tour!

When you say Gn'R do you mean Axl and his revolving band of KFC chums?

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2016 11:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Noise records are releasing some double cd compilations of their best acts from the 80's such as Helloween , Running Wild and Kreator. I noticed this was listed as disc 2 on Amazon under a compilation from German band Sinner.

1. I Won't Dance (The Elders' Orient)
2. In the Chapel in the Moonlight
3. The Inevitable Factor
4. The Heart Beneath
5. Wine in My Hand (Third from the Sun)
6. Wings of Solitude
7. The Name of My Bride
8. The Restless Seas
9. Vanity
10. Nemesis
11. Idols of Chagrin
12. Journey Into Fear
13. Under Apollyon's Sun

Clearly a Celtic Frost double cd is also in the offing but not yet advertised.

This might be the only chance we get to own tracks off Celtic Frost's Cold Lake and Vanity Nemesis albums.

Justin101 3rd April 2016 11:25 AM

I might get that Skyclad one!

Justin101 3rd April 2016 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 483665)
In fact that's a fairly poor set list all round. Where's Estranged, Patience, November Rain, Yesterdays, Get in the Ring and Pretty Tied Up.

I have to agree, a band with a calibre such as GnR have shouldn't have a set that comprises at least a third of which is cover versions, yes they are songs they have (mostly) made their own on albums but there are so many original pieces they could have done. Even if they just did the whole of Appetite it'd be better.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 483714)
I have to agree, a band with a calibre such as GnR have shouldn't have a set that comprises at least a third of which is cover versions, yes they are songs they have (mostly) made their own on albums but there are so many original pieces they could have done. Even if they just did the whole of Appetite it'd be better.

100% :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2016 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 483713)
I might get that Skyclad one!

I'm definitely getting the Skyclad one. I have one or two of theirs on vinyl but nothing on cd. Their cd's are hard to find at reasonable prices. Thought i might get the Sinner and Tankard ones as well. Both bands i don't have anything by and in Sinner's case never have done.

mr 420 3rd April 2016 12:33 PM

Is it OK to say that I'm not in the slightest interested in the GNR reunion? I know I'll probably get pelters for saying this, but apart from Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle, I don't rate them at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 483721)
Is it OK to say that I'm not in the slightest interested in the GNR reunion? I know I'll probably get pelters for saying this, but apart from Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle, I don't rate them at all.

I did like them. Up to Sympathy for the Devil. (The Chinese Democracy is just a solo album for Rose and not very good either, and i've no idea why Slash and Duff would play anything from it, they might as well do some Velvet Revolver material in my opinion) But like you i'm not interested in this reunion at all.