LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2016, 04:14 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

No Irish gig from Maiden again
Old 21st September 2016, 05:26 PM
Cult Master

I'll probably give it a miss

I've seen them three times in the past. Two shows ('The World Peace Tour' and 'The World Slavery Tour') were very good, and among the best concerts I have ever seen. The last time I saw them was on the 'Virtual XI' in 1998 (at Portsmouth Guildhall), and I was very disappointed. Nothing to do with Blaze Bailey being on the vocals - there were too many 'new' songs, and the theatrics of old were missing

This tour, being almost 20 years later, will almost certainly have more 'new' songs (that I will not know), I have no wish to see Jannick Gers doing his flashy guitar movements and I am really not impressed with the current incarnation of Eddie!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 21st September 2016, 05:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I'll probably give it a miss

I've seen them three times in the past. Two shows ('The World Peace Tour' and 'The World Slavery Tour') were very good, and among the best concerts I have ever seen. The last time I saw them was on the 'Virtual XI' in 1998 (at Portsmouth Guildhall), and I was very disappointed. Nothing to do with Blaze Bailey being on the vocals - there were too many 'new' songs, and the theatrics of old were missing

This tour, being almost 20 years later, will almost certainly have more 'new' songs (that I will not know), I have no wish to see Jannick Gers doing his flashy guitar movements and I am really not impressed with the current incarnation of Eddie!
I'd like to see them but i too feel they play too much new material. That wasn't a problem when the songs were around the 5 minute mark but i can't get excited by 13 min epics with ultra repetitive chorus lines.

Fear of the Dark is bad enough. Do they still play Running Free? That's one shite song.

My first ever gig was Maiden at Donington, i then saw them again later in the year on the 7th Son tour. I also saw them support No Prayer for the Dying at Preston Guildhall and Donington again for Fear of the Dark. Plus with Blaze at Manchester Apollo on the X Factour. I have seen them two other times as well including supporting Brave New World and finally supporting Dance of Death.
Old 21st September 2016, 05:39 PM
Cult Master

WATCH: Angus Young salutes Cliff Williams at his last ever AC/DC show - Planet Rock

Old 22nd September 2016, 10:24 AM
Cult Master

Iron Maiden to announce UK tour tomorrow & unveil plans to fight touts - Planet Rock

"Fans who buy tickets to the shows won’t receive printed tickets; instead they’ll receive a paperless version and the ticket buyer will have to present photo ID and the credit/debit card they used when they arrive at the venue.

Tickets will also be limited to four per person per show and the band will be utilising a customer support team to deal with any issues from fans with legitimate problems.

Other measures include 'setting conditions of purchase' so that tickets are not for resale and ensuring to the best of their abilities that ‘secondary ticketing sites are prevented from listing our shows and to invalidate tickets should any appear on these secondary sites.’"
Justin101 likes this.

Old 22nd September 2016, 02:10 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Iron Maiden to announce UK tour tomorrow & unveil plans to fight touts - Planet Rock

"Fans who buy tickets to the shows won’t receive printed tickets; instead they’ll receive a paperless version and the ticket buyer will have to present photo ID and the credit/debit card they used when they arrive at the venue.

Tickets will also be limited to four per person per show and the band will be utilising a customer support team to deal with any issues from fans with legitimate problems.

Other measures include 'setting conditions of purchase' so that tickets are not for resale and ensuring to the best of their abilities that ‘secondary ticketing sites are prevented from listing our shows and to invalidate tickets should any appear on these secondary sites.’"
Working with Ticketmaster eh?

Aren't they the biggest scalpers out there? Massive booking fees and postage charges. Except in this case if there aren't postage charges the booking fees will be astronomical.
Old 23rd September 2016, 08:13 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I'm told, from someone who has a reliable source, that this isn't as fake as the Kardashian's careers. Announcement due on the 28th of this month.

Earlier than anticipated, and a date added in Dublin by the looks of things, but other than that...right on the money!

**Edit - It seems that tickets are going to be in the £50 - £65 range
Rik, Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.

Last edited by Susan Foreman; 23rd September 2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 23rd September 2016, 09:58 AM
Cult Veteran

Why do they have to go on sale the day I go on my holidays
Liverpool Arena tends to do a pre-sale to those signed up to their newsletter so hopefully I can buy some on the Thursday and not have to worry about it.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd September 2016, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'll be at the ready on Sept 30th at 9am for London tickets.
Old 23rd September 2016, 11:13 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

50 mins of Book of Souls material - i don't think so.

The set lists from this tour just don't do anything for me at all. The only song i'd really like to hear again is Wasted Years.

I know i sound all 'bah, humbug' but there's so much good music about both new and old that i don't really have time to invest in a double album of epic songs. In fact i don't think i've even listened to disc 2 yet.

Maiden used to write brilliant catchy head bang along metal songs and now they don't.

I still love em', just not enough to spend a ton on going to see them.
Rik and Susan Foreman like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!