Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2017, 04:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I reckon there's gonna be a new live album/DVD after the UK tour has finished. There's been no official announcement, but that's what people are thinking across most discussion boards
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th January 2017, 05:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I reckon there's gonna be a new live album/DVD after the UK tour has finished. There's been no official announcement, but that's what people are thinking across most discussion boards
Don't they release a live document following every tour?

I'm pleased they do. I like live dvd's.
Old 28th January 2017, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Don't they release a live document following every tour?

I'm pleased they do. I like live dvd's.

Pretty much, yeah

I'm the same, I have loads of live DVDs from loads of different bands, the more the merrier I say!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 28th January 2017, 06:38 PM
Cult Veteran

I was thinking there'd be a DVD coming soon as well, perhaps it'll be recorded in the UK with them playing so many arena dates.
I have to say though, I was pretty disappointed with that Wasted Years video when I watched it this morning. Adrian's vocals are way off and Nico's drums are much too loud, and why does his snare sounds so awful? The visuals were good though - lots of high energy fans

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th January 2017, 06:43 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was thinking there'd be a DVD coming soon as well, perhaps it'll be recorded in the UK with them playing so many arena dates.
I have to say though, I was pretty disappointed with that Wasted Years video when I watched it this morning. Adrian's vocals are way off and Nico's drums are much too loud, and why does his snare sounds so awful? The visuals were good though - lots of high energy fans
Wouldn't it sound different coming through an amp set up from a disc rather than streamed from Youtube?
Old 28th January 2017, 06:54 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Wouldn't it sound different coming through an amp set up from a disc rather than streamed from Youtube?
Not necessarily, the Nightwish live discs which recently came out had a similar problem, people on YouTube were complaining that the mix was wrong and they hoped that it was just the way the video is streaming, but compared to the bluray going through my amp they sound the same, the levels are way off.

On the Maiden video the guitars are really low, the vocals are really high and the snare drum sounds like it's broken I'm not going to judge anything from a YouTube video though, I have every confidence that Harry knows what he's doing in the studio!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th January 2017, 06:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Not necessarily, the Nightwish live discs which recently came out had a similar problem, people on YouTube were complaining that the mix was wrong and they hoped that it was just the way the video is streaming, but compared to the bluray going through my amp they sound the same, the levels are way off.

On the Maiden video the guitars are really low, the vocals are really high and the snare drum sounds like it's broken I'm not going to judge anything from a YouTube video though, I have every confidence that Harry knows what he's doing in the studio!
I don't. Not when he works with Kevin Shirley. They haven't had a decent production since Fear of the Dark.

I'll steer clear of the Nightwish disc then.
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 28th January 2017, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I haven't had chance to watch the Wasted Years video yet, so when I do I'll post my semi professional opinion on the sound.
Agree with Dem though, I'm not a fan of Kevin Shirley's production style when it comes to Maiden, bit like Rick "Let's compress the Hell out of it" Rubin!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

RIP Geoff Nicholls

Keyboard player on every Black Sabbath album from 1980-95.

Former Black Sabbath Keyboardist Geoff Nicholls Dies After Battle With Lung Cancer - Blabbermouth.net

Many won't even know of him but his contribution to the post Ozzy sound was there for all to hear.

Old 29th January 2017, 06:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I haven't had chance to watch the Wasted Years video yet, so when I do I'll post my semi professional opinion on the sound.

Just watched it, the sound mix is terrible! The drums are too loud and the levels are all wrong, the guitars don't sound right (poor EQing), Dave is barely audible at all!

I'm hoping this is just a rough mix that they've thrown out to keep people interested/judge the market for yet another live album/DVD, with a proper finished mix still being tweaked.

Another thing, the audio is from Rio, but the footage is from various concerts, maybe another Flight 666 style album is on the way
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!