Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2017, 12:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

As I've said, Hallowed is my favourite song, but I heard it in Manchester 6 years ago, so I'm not bothered, plus Powerslave

At band practice last night we thought we'd throw in a couple of Maiden songs that we haven't played for awhile, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Wasted Years, pair of great songs that don't always go down as well as The Trooper or Run to the Hills, but still a lot of fun to play
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th May 2017, 12:55 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
As I've said, Hallowed is my favourite song, but I heard it in Manchester 6 years ago, so I'm not bothered, plus Powerslave

At band practice last night we thought we'd throw in a couple of Maiden songs that we haven't played for awhile, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Wasted Years, pair of great songs that don't always go down as well as The Trooper or Run to the Hills, but still a lot of fun to play
I can't wait for Wasted Years to be played as the last song of the night, one of my all time best Maiden songs!
Rik likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th May 2017, 12:58 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. Children Of The Damned
5. Death Or Glory
6. The Red And The Black
7. The Trooper
8. Powerslave
9. The Great Unknown
10. The Book Of Souls
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Blood Brothers
15. Wasted Years

As we are discussing the set list, i do still think there are too many from The Book of Souls.

I know 6 isn't really that many when promoting a new album, but it's the length of the 6. Most bands could play 10 songs at least in that time.
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 5th May 2017, 01:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, and Wrathchild could be replaced with a better song, never liked it with Bruce singing it, Dianno sang it better IMO

Not bothered for Death or Glory either
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th May 2017, 01:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, and Wrathchild could be replaced with a better song, never liked it with Bruce singing it, Dianno sang it better IMO

Not bothered for Death or Glory either
Yes i agree. Wrathchild is Maiden by numbers. Killers would have been my preferred choice from that record.
Rik likes this.
Old 5th May 2017, 01:07 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
1. If Eternity Should Fail
2. Speed Of Light
3. Wrathchild
4. Children Of The Damned
5. Death Or Glory
6. The Red And The Black
7. The Trooper
8. Powerslave
9. The Great Unknown
10. The Book Of Souls
11. Fear Of The Dark
12. Iron Maiden

Encore:
13. The Number Of The Beast
14. Blood Brothers
15. Wasted Years

As we are discussing the set list, i do still think there are too many from The Book of Souls.

I know 6 isn't really that many when promoting a new album, but it's the length of the 6. Most bands could play 10 songs at least in that time.
I agree, I would personally drop Speed of Light and The Great Unknown, I'm not a huge fan of If Eternity Should Fail but it is a perfect opening song so I can see why, the other 3 are cracking tracks off the new album, Empire of Clouds is just too long and progressive for a Maiden gig though.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Old 5th May 2017, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran

I love Wrathchild
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Old 5th May 2017, 01:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Don't get me wrong, I like the song, just not with Bruce singing it
Justin101 likes this.
Old 5th May 2017, 01:20 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I read the review and actually went onto Ticketmaster as Manchester hasn't sold out.

Best tickets were £64 half way in the arena seated. When all the extras were added plus a tee, petrol, parking and food it would have been approaching £150.

Just too much!
With all due respect, you could have done without a T-Shirt, and you don't HAVE to pay the inflated prices for food at the venue, which would potentially have taken the price down to £110 - £120 for you, but I know what you mean - concerts nowadays are just so expensive, especially if there are two of you going (that's one of the reasons I was upset that Chloe and I didn't get to The Who show last month)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th May 2017, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

It must be tough for a band like Iron Maiden sorting a set list.

Since Bruce and Adrian rejoined with Brave New World the albums and song structures have evolved so much that it's almost unrecognizable from the Maiden of the 80's.

Although i still like them a lot i don't love them like i did around the period of Somewhere in Time - Fear of the Dark. The songs in general don't grab me as much nor do they seem as exciting.

This might seem odd but it might also be to do with lack of singles and collectible releases. Nowadays we are left to make up our own minds about the songs produced, rather than have certain songs thrust on us via picture discs, poster packs and such like.
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!