Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th August 2018, 08:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
AC/DC are rumoured to be working on a new album in Canada.

Stevie Young and Phil Rudd (?) were reportedly seen going into a recording studio by various sources.

Is Ac/Dc Recording New Album In Vancouver? Stevie Young And Phil Rudd Allegedly Sighted Last Week - Blabbermouth.net
The plot thickens, not sure if this means Brian Johnson is back in the band or if he just happened to be in Vancouver and popped into the studio to see his old band mates!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...with_acdc.html
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 8th August 2018, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Not so glowing one in Birmingham however, BUT...the negativity was based around the venue and some of the staging,
I had the same complaint about when I saw Maiden in Liverpool last year, I had ringing ears afterwards due to the terrible sound.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th August 2018, 01:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
The plot thickens, not sure if this means Brian Johnson is back in the band or if he just happened to be in Vancouver and popped into the studio to see his old band mates!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...with_acdc.html
It has to be a new record. Absolutely no reason for Brian to be there otherwise, or at least that i can think of seeing as he was effectively dismissed from the band prior to their last tour due to hearing concerns.

It doesn't matter if he can't tour as they can always get Axl back for that as he seemed to go down very well once the fans got to see/hear him. I would have been happy for him to sing on a new AC/DC album but obviously Johnson is better. Maybe they could split it between the two.

I don't know what others on here think but i don't want the bands i know and love to finish.

It's not like it was in the 80's and 90's when we were all aghast that bands changed their singers, drummers etc. How could they do this? Things could never be the same.

No, now time has moved on. Many of these classic bands members are in their sixties, some even in their seventies and as we know anyone can get health problems especially at that age.

I truly don't think it's sacrilegious that a band member should quit through ill health and then be replaced by a younger member. Obviously this can't happen with all bands, Motorhead without Lemmy couldn't happen and you can't get a younger Alice Cooper to replace old Vince, but in most cases it can. For example Judas Priest are no worse a live band without their two original guitarists and their first replacement Richie Faulkner has long become a respected member of the band in both the performing and writing process.

So, yes, i'm quite happy for AC/DC to keep performing as long as Angus wants them to, the same with Status Quo with Francis Rossi. Our bands are soon to be no more come what may, but please carry on performing under your band name for as long as you wish. (f*ck social media backlashes, they're all wankers anyway - don't like the change, then don't buy the records or go to the shows)
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 8th August 2018, 02:50 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I picked the new issue of Kerrang! up today. Not bought a copy in years prior to this.

For Maiden fans i'd recommend a purchase. Every album is reviewed and discussed in detail in two page spreads and there is a decent amount of text about each. The four lesser albums - No Prayer to Virtual XI - are the only ones not given two pages devoted to them. 28 pages in all.

Some pics below for you to see for yourself.

There's also a five page piece on Judas Priest for those interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF5820 (Large).jpg (104.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5821 (Large).jpg (94.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5823 (Large).jpg (94.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5824 (Large).jpg (94.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5825 (Large).jpg (92.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF5826 (Large).jpg (91.1 KB, 5 views)
Rik, Justin101, Dave Boy and 1 others like this.
Old 8th August 2018, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran

I went to buy this issue today in WHSmith but they only had one copy which had clearly been read by 20 sweaty teenagers today

I'll pick up a copy in Morrisons tomorrow on the way into work!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Old 8th August 2018, 05:15 PM
Cult Addict

None of them picked it up, because it wasn't about twin atlantic or 5 seconds of summer
Old 8th August 2018, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
None of them picked it up, because it wasn't about twin atlantic or 5 seconds of summer
I'll show my disconnect to 'the scene' now by saying "who?"

Old 8th August 2018, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'll show my disconnect to 'the scene' now by saying "who?"
They're both giant, GIANT piles of shit, my ex liked all that pop punk stuff and claimed it was indie, stupid prick

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 8th August 2018, 06:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Wow! Just thumbed through the full mag.

Aside from the admittedly massive Maiden piece and Priest interview, there's a two page Smashing Pumpkins review, half a page on Gojira and a bunch of posters of Chester Bennington...i've not heard of anyone else in the whole mag.

As for next weeks cover stars? I've forgotten their name from putting the mag down to typing this.

Classic Rock, Metal Hammer and Blabbermouth do not go in for the whole pop/punk scene at all.
Rik, Justin101 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 8th August 2018, 06:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kerrang is aimed at teenage rebellious goths now
Last time I bought it was because Maiden were featured in it, rest of the mag wasn’t worth the paper it was printed on!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!