Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2018, 12:38 PM
Cult Master

Def Leppard Christmas song

Is this really the same band who gave us 'Rocks Off', 'Photograph' and 'Rock Of Ages'?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th December 2018, 10:17 AM
Cult Master

Black Sabbath parody band

Mac Sabbath Serve Up a Musical Meal With Organic Appeal | LA Weekly

"There's definitely a method to the Mac madness, one that's resulted in a success that far surpasses that of [manager Mike] Odd's band Rosemary's Billygoat. First, they've toured and done huge festivals, including San Francisco's Outside Lands, without having a single album out. As Odd jokes, Mac Sabbath were the only band at Download that you couldn't download. He blames the lack of recorded output on [vocalist Ronald] Osbourne's tech phobia: "I pitch some MP3 to Ronald, I'm going to get a pie in my face, or seltzer water. That's what's been such a challenge being such a part of — and here I'm doing air quotes — the music industry," he laughs.

Odd figures, probably rightly, that Mac Sabbath are among the biggest touring bands in the U.S. that don't have any music out. There are videos. And a coloring book with a flexi-disc of "Pair-a-Buns." And, of course, merch — hoodies, belt buckles, T-shirts, pins — most of it amazingly awesome."

bleakshaun likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th January 2019, 11:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Anyone else been following the sh*t storm between ARCH ENEMY manager Angela Gossow and a photographer for the band?
Bloody hell. Everyone's turning on the band now.
It's all over youtube and social media if you don't know what I am talking about.
Old 4th January 2019, 12:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Anyone else been following the sh*t storm between ARCH ENEMY manager Angela Gossow and a photographer for the band?
Bloody hell. Everyone's turning on the band now.
It's all over youtube and social media if you don't know what I am talking about.
I saw a video on my YouTube feed but I never watched it, something about being banned from Arch Enemy concerts, I never looked further into it, I will investigate after work

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th January 2019, 12:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I saw a video on my YouTube feed but I never watched it, something about being banned from Arch Enemy concerts, I never looked further into it, I will investigate after work
It's completely uncalled for. I hate social media. It gives people reason to think they should be heard and their vile comments and abuse are acceptable.
Old 4th January 2019, 12:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have watched several videos on youtube about it.
I am not on social media but can look at facebook sites to see what is happening. I had a look at Angela's page. Bloody hell!
Old 4th January 2019, 12:53 PM
Cult Veteran

A long and disappointing read; I used to like Angela Gossow but she seems to have gone from 0 to 60 on this matter and thrown it out of all recognisable proportion.

https://www.metalblast.net/blog/how-...ng-arch-enemy/

The guys has provided his evidence as well

Old 4th January 2019, 01:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Angela's just digging herself deeper and deeper in to a hole.
There was no need for all this.
Old 4th January 2019, 01:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Arch Enemy are a band who have stagnated a bit. Their popularity hasn't grown at all in the last few years and the venues they play haven't got bigger. In Flames are in a similar situation. In fact both bands have probably regressed in popularity.
Old 4th January 2019, 02:00 PM
Cult Veteran

It doesn't help that their last album wasn't very good apart from the songs they released in advance as singles, their next album is a covers album! They're not doing themselves any favours, and now this story is all over the internet after my brief investigation. Some photographers are coming out with emails from Angela from over the last 10 years where she has said the same thing to them

In Flames are probably progressing a bit too far for their audience, they used to be one of the leading names in melodic death metal and now they're more like alt. metal. While being well received by the press, I personally lost interest a while ago.

Like this? Share it using the links below!