All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3087Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2019, 09:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Never got to see MDB live which bothers me more than Maiden to be honest.
That is a shame, they are a fantastic live band, I probably saw them at least 5 times. I'm pretty sure one of those times they had Cradle of Filth opening for them Now THAT was a mismatch haha.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th November 2019, 11:02 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As I’ve mentioned on here before, my youngest son went to school with MDB’s old guitarist Hamish, known him for years, really nice bloke who now plays and sings in a band called Godthrymm and was in Vallenfyre with Greg from Paradise Lost, both are worth checking out if you’ve got Spotify
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th November 2019, 11:49 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
That is a shame, they are a fantastic live band, I probably saw them at least 5 times. I'm pretty sure one of those times they had Cradle of Filth opening for them Now THAT was a mismatch haha.
I've seen Cradle twice. Once at Donington where their sound got a bit lost in the wind and rain but the other at Manchester Academy where they were superb.
Old 12th November 2019, 12:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I've seen Cradle twice. Once at Donington where their sound got a bit lost in the wind and rain but the other at Manchester Academy where they were superb.
I seen them back on the Cruelty and the Beast tour and they were unreal it was in a small club so got the full effect.
Old 12th November 2019, 12:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I seen them back on the Cruelty and the Beast tour and they were unreal it was in a small club so got the full effect.
That new remastered and remixed release of Cruelty sounds fantastic from what i've heard. You listened to any of it, Nordy? The Twisted Nails of Faith sounds immense.

Old 12th November 2019, 03:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
That new remastered and remixed release of Cruelty sounds fantastic from what i've heard. You listened to any of it, Nordy? The Twisted Nails of Faith sounds immense.

I have only heard what was posted here sounds so much better than the original and not done like Dimmu Borgir when they remastered Stormblast which i didnt like at all.
Old 12th November 2019, 03:19 PM
Cult Veteran

I bought the CD on the way home on Friday, listened to it through around 3 times, it's a really nice subtle, but effective remaster (and slight remixing of levels).
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th November 2019, 03:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I bought the CD on the way home on Friday, listened to it through around 3 times, it's a really nice subtle, but effective remaster (and slight remixing of levels).
I've had the original cd on in the car for the last two hours. I still like it. To be honest it sounded okay, the drums clearly are a worse than the new remix though.

I think i'll buy it when HMV have it 2 for £15.

If i can use the ****ing site that is!
Justin101 likes this.
Old 18th November 2019, 05:23 PM
Cult Master

Hmmmmm

Mötley Crüe reportedly set for 2020 stadium tour with Def Leppard and Poison | Planet Rock

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 19th November 2019, 05:07 AM
Cult Master

Mötley Crüe release statement confirming they're officially back | Planet Rock

Mötley Crüe have released a statement confirming they are officially back and will be performing live again.

Under the headline ‘Most Notorious Rock Band Destroys Cessation Of Touring Agreement’, Mötley Crüe released the following statement tonight:
"“Almost 6 years after signing a Cessation of Touring agreement, the contract is off the table because a whole new generation of Crüeheads are relentlessly demanding for the band to come back together.

“Following the huge success of their Netflix biopic The Dirt, Mötley Crüe has seen a massive surge in new audience. And the band best known for breaking the rules has destroyed their cessation of touring contract in true Mötley Crüe-fashion, by literally blowing it up.

“After 35 years together on stage, and 30 years since the release of Dr. Feelgood, the members of Mötley Crüe parted ways without speaking to each other after their Final Show on December 31, 2015.

“Vince, Nikki, Mick and Tommy didn’t come together again until 2018 to participate in the making of The Dirt movie, which unexpectedly brought them closer together again including seeing them head back into the recording studio after having gone in their own directions for several years. The fuse was lit.

“Since playing Tommy Lee in The Dirt, so many of my fans have said how they wish they could've seen the real Mötley Crüe play live,” said Colson Baker (aka Machine Gun Kelly) “I never thought I would see the day when this would become a reality. But the fans spoke and Mötley Crüe listened!”

“The Dirt currently enjoys an audience score of 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. And its massive global success earlier this year saw Mötley Crüe’s popularity rush to new highs, catapulting the band’s music back to the top of the worldwide charts with the younger 18-44 demographic now representing 64% of the band’s fanbase.

“Moreover, in the six months following the release of The Dirt, Mötley Crüe has celebrated a meteoric rise of almost 350% increase in streams of their music across all streaming platforms. However, most of the new fans have never seen any of the legendary live shows that Crüeheads have relished for close to 4 decades.”"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!