Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/5582-metalheads-unite-%5Cm-%5Cm.html)

Susan Foreman 3rd February 2020 05:59 PM

A bit of good news

Dave Mustaine '100% free of cancer' after 51 radiation treatments and nine chemo sessions | Planet Rock

Susan Foreman 4th February 2020 12:12 PM

Two KISS films in the pipeline | Planet Rock

"...We have a documentary that we’re doing right now and we’re in the middle of working on a KISS biopic..."

bleakshaun 4th February 2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 619864)
Two KISS films in the pipeline | Planet Rock

"...We have a documentary that we’re doing right now and we’re in the middle of working on a KISS biopic..."

Not a sequel to Kiss meets the phantom of the Park, a shame

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 18th February 2020 05:34 AM

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Ozzy Osbourne Has Canceled His 2020 North American Tour | Kerrang

"...Now, Ozzy has announced that he’ll be canceling his North American tour dates to work on his health.

“I’m so thankful that everyone has been patient because I’ve had a shit year,” said Ozzy in a statement released tonight. “Unfortunately, I won’t be able to get to Switzerland for treatment until April and the treatment takes six-eight weeks.

“I don’t want to start a tour and then cancel shows at the last minute,” he continued, “as it’s just not fair to the fans. I’d rather they get a refund now and when I do the North American tour down the road, everyone who bought a ticket for these shows will be the first ones in line to purchase tickets at that time.”

Whether or not these cancellations extend to his European and UK dates this autumn with Judas Priest remains to be seen"

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th February 2020 11:18 AM

Ozzy needs to retire from playing live for good.

Make a new album every eighteen months by all means, but give up with the touring.

Rik 18th February 2020 11:46 AM

Agreed, better to retire than booking shows and cancelling all the time because of his health, it’s not fair on the fans

Justin101 18th February 2020 03:41 PM

It's only going to get worse rather than better, but I imagine that's a very bitter pill to swallow when you've toured your entire adult life.

Susan Foreman 19th February 2020 05:48 PM

Ronnie James Dio feature-length documentary is coming | Planet Rock

"It'll take us from his fledgling days with Elf through to his final project, Heaven & Hell"

But hopefully no holograms!

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd February 2020 11:05 PM

I was listening to Van Halen's Diver Down on cd earlier and noticed the date of the disc - 1982.

Cd's only became available that year and this album was released in April of 82 so i'm guessing it's quite possibly the earliest cd i own.

38 years old and still plays perfectly.

Incidentally. My old hi-fi always needed the volume turning up when i played cd's from the 80's in comparison to cd's from the 21st century. With my new JVC hi-fi that's no longer the case. This album had the same clarity and volume as a cd released last week.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th February 2020 04:51 PM

Ozzy's Ordinary Man album has charted at #3.

His highest placing solo album ever!