All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2020, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Love the back print.

Every time i see that i think to myself...How many Eddies are there?
Justin101 likes this.
Old 18th May 2020, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/br...fe-found-dead/

Edit: that url makes it look like Bruce has died, it’s his estranged wife
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th May 2020, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran

I love it when you've forgotten about a really good album and then you hear one of the songs and it all comes right back!

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 24th May 2020, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran

This one too, these 2 albums were 2019 for me

Old 29th May 2020, 02:39 PM
Cult Master

Iron Maiden, KISS, Alter Bridge & more for virtual Download Festival | Planet Rock

"Download Festival may not be happening this year, but organisers of the legendary Donington Park rock extravaganza have today (29th May) revealed the line-up for a virtual weekender.

The Download TV weekend takes place on the exact same days as the cancelled festival – Friday 12th to Sunday 14th June 2020 – and features an array of artists who were scheduled to play Download Festival this summer.

Taking place on the Download Festival YouTube channel, the three days will be divided into a day and evening schedule, with the evening boasting two to three hours of shows featuring some of your favourite artists.

Broadcast direct to your homes and gardens, the Download TV weekend will feature hours of music, special interviews, unseen performances, exclusive footage and much more.

In keeping with the 2020 line-up, KISS will top the line-up on the Friday night with footage from their last headline slot at Download Festival 2015 being broadcast.

Iron Maiden top the bill on the Saturday evening and Download Festival promises it will be a very special set featuring archive performances, snippets from the Legacy Of The Beast tour, together with an intriguing exclusive just for Download TV.

System of a Down will bring the Download TV weekend to an emphatic close on Sunday 14th June with footage from three of their previous Download Festival performances in 2005, 2011, and 2017.

Other acts confirmed to perform across the weekend include Alter Bridge, Bush, Deftones, The Darkness, Wayward Sons, Steel Panther, Volbeat, Mastodon and The Pretty Reckless.

Daytime activities include cookalongs with MasterChef Simon Wood, vegan superstars BOSH, and the hilarious Nat’s What I Reckon who comes to us from Australia, LIVE artist Q&As, lockdown performances, tutorials, mindfulness sessions, and even content that the Downloaders themselves have provided.

Downloaders are encouraged to erect tents in theirs gardens/living rooms, wear Download merchandise, dress as your rock idols and send in photos and videos using the hashtag #DOWNLOADTV.

The full list of bands on the Download TV line-up are:

KISS

Iron Maiden (Saturday headliner)

System of a Down (Sunday headliner)

Alestorm

Alter Bridge

Babymetal

Baroness

Black Futures

Black Veil Brides

Bowling For Soup

Bush

Creeper

Deftones

Disturbed

Employed To Serve

Fozzy

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Funeral For A Friend

Gojira

Holding Absence

Killswitch Engage

Korn

Lacuna Coil

Loathe

Mastodon

Motionless In White

NXT UK

Periphery

Poppy

Powerwolf

Skillet

Steel Panther

The Darkness

The Hara

The Offspring

The Pretty Reckless

The Wildhearts

Theory

Twin Temple

Volbeat

Wage War

Wayward Sons
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th June 2020, 06:40 PM
Cult Master

DEE SNIDER's Iconic TWISTED SISTER Anthem 'We're Not Gonna Take It' Is Inspiration For New Children's Book | Blabbermouth

"Everyone knows Dee Snider's iconic TWISTED SISTER anthem "We're Not Gonna Take It", but now the youngest music lovers will discover the song lyrics for the first time in a very different way — they'll read them in a picture book. "We're Not Gonna Take It" is one of the first titles being released in a new children's book series based on famous song lyrics"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 15th June 2020, 06:34 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

What's the general consensus on the new Nightwish album?

I've listened to it through six times and on the whole think it's excellent.

Tribal, when i heard it on Youtube sounded flat but through a hi-fi it sounds fantastic. The whole album has so many great melodies it's quite an easy listen.

My only fault is that for the first three songs Floor's voice is very low in the mix and i find it difficult to hear what she's singing until the chorus.

Favourite song - Harvest. A brilliant blend of folk music with Alestorm riffing towards the end.

Dave Boy likes this.
Old 15th June 2020, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran

I've listened to it quite a few times and I feel like it's the worst Nightwish album in a long time, I only liked 3 songs on it! It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.

Old 15th June 2020, 06:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've listened to it quite a few times and I feel like it's the worst Nightwish album in a long time, I only liked 3 songs on it! It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it.
Interesting.

For me it's the best one since Once, way back in 2004.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

On first listen I did not rate the album at all. Listening on my phone out in the garden did me no favours. I sat down and listened to the album proper and my mind was changed. Great album. Listened to the album again the other day.
Still not enough to knock 'Dark Passion Play' off my top spot though, ha ha!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!