Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/5582-metalheads-unite-%5Cm-%5Cm.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th May 2011 01:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Been listening to the following albums recently-

Rammstein - Liebe ist fur Alle Da
Van Halen - 1984
Leaves' Eyes - Meredead
Alice Cooper - Constrictor

InDogWeTrust 25th May 2011 10:16 PM

Any Speed Metal fans should check out Yngwie J Malmsteen.
Been listening to his shit so much lately!:woot:

mr 420 26th May 2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 153048)
Any Speed Metal fans should check out Yngwie J Malmsteen.

:

Ever heard of this 'lady'?

The Great Kat - Metal Messiah.

YouTube - ‪GREAT KAT : Metal Messiah‬‏

InDogWeTrust 26th May 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 153091)
Ever heard of this 'lady'?

The Great Kat - Metal Messiah.

She's crazy! I think i'm inlove!

mr 420 26th May 2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDogWeTrust (Post 153107)
She's crazy! I think i'm inlove!

She's certainly a character. I used to have Beethoven On Speed by her many moons ago. She also plays the violin at warp factor 9.:eek:

Demdike@Cult Labs 26th May 2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 153128)
She's certainly a character. I used to have Beethoven On Speed by her many moons ago. She also plays the violin at warp factor 9.:eek:

Same with me. She was plastered all over Kerrang! for about a month, back in the late eighties. Problem with the album was once you got over the speed novelty, you realised she didn't actually have any decent tunes.

Baseball Fury 26th May 2011 03:22 PM

I'm not a massive metalhead, but I do love heavy music. Boris, Sunn O))), Sabbath, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Pelican, Isis, Melvins, Doomriders, Fantomas etc, and I do love me some Mathcore/Metalcore/whatevercore, bands like Botch, The Locust, Converge, The Hope Conspiracy, Dillinger Escape Plan, all that good stuff.

As for metal bands I've seen? Jesus, loads! Judas Priest, Kiss, Metallica, Faith No More, Sunn O))), Boris, Earth, Down, Def Leppard(!), Motorhead, The Sword, Converge, Doomriders, Dillinger Escape Plan, Machine Head, Orange Goblin, Sabbat, Lawnmower Death, Arnocorps, probably about 100 more! haha

platostotal 26th May 2011 03:28 PM

Danger, boring old fart alert: Afraid I'm to old to appreciate modern 'Metal' my taste is old school Sabbath, Led Zep, Metallica etc. Metallica in particular are GREAT live. Saw Nirvana at Reading and they ripped thru 'Teen Spirit' so well I almost cried it was so good. But long may you guys rock the place down.:smokin:

Baseball Fury 26th May 2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 153147)
Danger, boring old fart alert: Afraid I'm to old to appreciate modern 'Metal' my taste is old school Sabbath, Led Zep, Metallica etc.

Check out a band called The Sword, they are basically Zeppelin crossed with Sabbath, and supported Metallica on their last tour! :dance:

adamthehorrorfan 2nd June 2011 01:12 AM

I mainly like Industrial Metal in particular because of the mix with strong heavy music and electronic sounds makes such a perfect combination.