Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3086Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2021, 05:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nightwish should do a Helloween and reunite with all their former singers.

They'd be unstoppable.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 29th May 2021, 05:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

That would be a fracking awesome event!
Old 2nd June 2021, 04:56 PM
Cult Master

Vince Neil abandons solo concert in Iowa after his voice fails / Planet Rock

"Mötley Crue singer Vince Neil was forced to abandon his first concert since lockdown over the weekend after his voice failed.

Vince Neil and his solo band appeared at the Boone Valley Festival in Iowa on Saturday night (29th May) where they topped a bill that also featured Night Ranger and Great White.

Sadly for Vince, his first solo show since October 2019 didn’t go as well as planned and 14 songs in it came to a quick halt."

Judge for yourself

"Just a minute into his rendition of Mötley Crüe’s 1987 song ‘Girls Girls Girls’, Vince stopped singing as his band and the backing tracks carried on.

He told the audience: "Hey guys. I’m sorry, you guys. It’s been a long time playin’. My f*cking voice is gone. We love you and we hope to see you next time, man. Thank you.""

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd June 2021, 05:04 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

14 songs in it came to a quick halt.

Are the ****ers complaining they only got 14 songs? That's plenty.
Old 4th June 2021, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Sky Arts tonight..

8pm Classic Albums
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Season 1 Episode 8/18

Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris, Dave Murray and Clive Burr reflect on the production of their 1982 album The Number of the Beast, and discuss how they became reviled in certain quarters for their supposedly Satanist leanings

9pm Iron Maiden: Somewhere Back in Time - Live
A collection of performances from the heavy-metal band's 2008 world tour, featuring Aces High, Powerslave, Revelations, Wasted Years, Fear of the Dark and Hallowed Be Thy Name..
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th June 2021, 06:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I'm part way through En Vivo. For some reason i was put off from buying it but eventually did so last year.

You know what? I love it. The split screen cameras make it seem even more frantic than usual and i really like that.

There's a good Dolby track on the dvd that sounds immense as well.
Justin101 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 4th June 2021, 06:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just finished last night Deep Purple's 2017 Hellfest performance from the Whoosh! limited edition cd.

That's a good gig slightly spoiled in that so much of it takes place in bright sunlight and it's only dark for the home stretch of classic Purple anthems.

When i noticed a keyboard solo was looming i almost skipped it. Thankfully i didn't as it's absolutely immense. Don Airey is certainly different to Jon Lord but he's really entertaining and an equally good keys performer.

The band seem to enjoy performing together live which isn't something you can say about Deep Purple over the years.
Justin101, Dave Boy and MrBarlow like this.
Old 4th June 2021, 09:18 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm part way through En Vivo. For some reason i was put off from buying it but eventually did so last year.

You know what? I love it. The split screen cameras make it seem even more frantic than usual and i really like that.

There's a good Dolby track on the dvd that sounds immense as well.
I love En Vivo it's a great concert, the audience are crazy. Does the DVD have the documentary as well? I think that's the one about the road crew?
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 4th June 2021, 09:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I love En Vivo it's a great concert, the audience are crazy. Does the DVD have the documentary as well? I think that's the one about the road crew?
Yeah it does. It's disc two. Looking forward to watching the doc as i used to know one of the crew - Ian Walsh - from the Carlton pub in Burnley.

He was a few years older than me and we became friends, not close friends but he would always look out for me if need be. I first met him at the train station after my very first night out aged 16 the Friday i left high school and we got the train together back to Nelson

It was only years later when the Carlton had sadly shut that i saw him again at the mixing desk at Manchester Apollo. Can't remember if it was Judas Priest or Dixie Chicks.

I found out recently that he left Maiden a few years ago and now works for Ghost and lives in Tennessee.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 4th June 2021, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran

He sounds like a nice man with a very interesting career! I think you'll enjoy that doc as it doesn't just follow Bruce and 'Arry around like usual!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Like this? Share it using the links below!