Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/5582-metalheads-unite-%5Cm-%5Cm.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 347519)
Nah, it's not that extreme, just some of Iommi's riffs remind me of what Tom does.

In other Sabbath related news....

Ozzy Osbourne: "There'll Probably Be Another Black Sabbath Album" | News | Metal Hammer

Sharon will have demanded it. $$$$$$$

Susan Foreman 17th June 2013 11:28 AM

Our pub is about 10 miles away from the Castle Donington racetrack - home of the Download Festival

I was working Friday evening. It was quite busy. Mostly regulars, but a few 'new faces'

I was happily listening to Planet Rock on the radio

Cue disgruntled noises from a certain regular, who almost always gets drunk during a session, and who worships Michael Buble!

Michelle: This music is s**t, Sue. Can't you put something good on?
Me: My shift, my pub, my music. This is what I want to listen to
Michelle: Even classical music is better than this
Me: These songs are classics. 'Smoke on the water', 'Whole lotta Rosie', 'Don't fear the reaper', 'Freebird'. You don't get more classic than that
Michelle: I want to hear some cheesy pop
Me: These songs are cheesy pop. 'Detroit rock city', 'Living on a prayer', 'Lets get rocked'. They don't get cheesier than that

She then made the mistake of turning to a table filled with respectable-looking business men and women

Michelle: Oi. Don't you think this music is s**t? Wouldn't you rather hear something better?
Respectable businesswoman: Actually, we are going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow. Yes, what is being played is s**t. I want to hear something louder and heavier!
Michelle: I'm going out for a fag!

Paul 17th June 2013 09:29 PM

Just when you thought the Japanese couldn't smoke any more underpants...
BABYMETAL -
:dance:

Susan Foreman 25th June 2013 08:41 AM

Motörhead Cancel Shows | Rock News | News | Planet Rock

"The band have been forced to cancel dates as Lemmy recovers from a haematoma.
The reported haematoma, which is a localised collection of blood outside of the blood vessels, comes just a week after reports that the 67 year old underwent heart surgery to address ongoing cardiac issues."

Lets hope this doesn't end in tragedy

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th June 2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 349126)

The reported haematoma, which is a localised collection of blood outside of the blood vessels, comes just a week after reports that the 67 year old underwent heart surgery to address ongoing cardiac issues."

This is one of those posts that need an "unlike" notification. :(

Rik 25th June 2013 10:41 AM

Sure does :(

ArgentoFan1987 29th June 2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 347525)
Our pub is about 10 miles away from the Castle Donington racetrack - home of the Download Festival

I was working Friday evening. It was quite busy. Mostly regulars, but a few 'new faces'

I was happily listening to Planet Rock on the radio

Cue disgruntled noises from a certain regular, who almost always gets drunk during a session, and who worships Michael Buble!

Michelle: This music is s**t, Sue. Can't you put something good on?
Me: My shift, my pub, my music. This is what I want to listen to
Michelle: Even classical music is better than this
Me: These songs are classics. 'Smoke on the water', 'Whole lotta Rosie', 'Don't fear the reaper', 'Freebird'. You don't get more classic than that
Michelle: I want to hear some cheesy pop
Me: These songs are cheesy pop. 'Detroit rock city', 'Living on a prayer', 'Lets get rocked'. They don't get cheesier than that

She then made the mistake of turning to a table filled with respectable-looking business men and women

Michelle: Oi. Don't you think this music is s**t? Wouldn't you rather hear something better?
Respectable businesswoman: Actually, we are going to see Iron Maiden tomorrow. Yes, what is being played is s**t. I want to hear something louder and heavier!
Michelle: I'm going out for a fag!

I've never found Detroit Rock city cheesey! :S It's awesom, full stop!!! :D

Susan Foreman 3rd July 2013 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 349126)

Motorhead Cancel Remaining European Dates | Rock News | News | Planet Rock

"Lemmy's health issues have forced the band to pull more dates.

Following reports last week that the band had to cancel two dates due to Lemmy's ill health, Motorhead have now cancelled all remaining European appearances for the summer."

Susan Foreman 9th July 2013 10:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
For Bon, on his birthday

Susan Foreman 12th July 2013 11:31 AM

"The Real Me" by 12-14 year old kids in the band BREAKING 27. - YouTube

The drummer is a junior Moon!