Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Music (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=279)
-   -   Metalheads Unite! \m/ \m/ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/music/5582-metalheads-unite-%5Cm-%5Cm.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 04:04 PM

Bought Saxon's latest album Call To Arms and Ozzy's classic, Blizzard Of Ozz today - both fantastic cds.

Can't wait to see Judas Priest next month! Waaaah!

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 158452)
Bought Saxon's latest album Call To Arms and Ozzy's classic, Blizzard Of Ozz today - both fantastic cds.

Can't wait to see Judas Priest next month! Waaaah!

I got Diary of a Madman the other day. It does sound a whole lot better than the previous remaster from 2001. At least Kerslake and Daisley play on this version. The bonus live cd is excellent as well, a little rawer than the Tribute album so to my ears it has a more live feel to it.

Is the Saxon album any great departure in sound?

I am one of the few who really rate Destiny and Solid Ball of Rock, even though they are more commercial.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2011 10:49 AM

Metallica to record album with Lou reed.

Here's the full article from Metal Hammer.

Loutallica Speaks! Metallica and Lou Reed Speak About Their Upcoming Album
terrybezer / News / 17/06/2011 11:06am
We’ve had the original Metallica press statement and now all the members of ‘Loutallica’ speak out on their upcoming album together.
The members of Metallica and Lou Reed have spoken to Rolling Stone on their upcoming collaboration. Described by the journalist who has heard the material as “a raging union of (Reed’s) 1973 noir classic, ‘Berlin’, and Metallica’s ‘86 crusher, ‘Master Of Puppets’”, the following quotes come from all of those involved in the project:

Reed: “A marriage made in heaven. I knew it from the first day we played together: ‘Oh, man, this is perfection, right in front of me.’ “?

Lars Ulrich: “I don’t think we’ve ever felt this free. There’s nothing that’s totally outside of the boundary for us, nothing that feels like ‘Oh, what happens if we go there?’ The strength of us” – he gestures at Reed – “is it feels like we cannot land on a wrong place.”

Reed: “They’re bringing Metallica, with all that power. And because they’re pretty sophisticated, wherever I go, they’re still with me.”

James Hetfield: “Lars and I listened to [Reed's demos] and it was like, ‘Wow, this is very different.’ It was scary at first, because the music was so open. But then I thought, ‘This could go anywhere.’”

Kirk Hammett: “It doesn’t feel like we’re his backup band. It feels like we’re a different band, in a situation we’ve never been in before.”

Robert Trujillo: “It’s making us a better band.”

The album is said to be 90% finished and, as both artists are free agents, there is no record company on board for the project as yet. It is not yet known who has produced the album either.

mr 420 17th June 2011 10:52 AM

Cool, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Load/Reload.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 158610)
Cool, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be another Load/Reload.

Berlin crossed with master of Puppets, it certainly should not be.

mr 420 17th June 2011 11:30 AM

Metallica should re-release And Justice For All with the correct bass and then I will be a happy man!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr 420 (Post 158620)
Metallica should re-release And Justice For All with the correct bass and then I will be a happy man!

??????? :confused:

mr 420 17th June 2011 11:40 AM

As unlikely as this sounds James and Lars (I'm not sure about Kirk) decided to make Jason's bass extremely low into the mix as a continuing part of his 'hazing' process. There are actually expanded versions on youtube and they sound sooooooooo much better.

mr 420 17th June 2011 11:42 AM

Here's an example of what I mean.

Metallica - And Justice For All (With added bass).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgEeTqjXMI

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2011 11:46 AM

Aaah! didn't know that. (or i had forgotten it )

It does sound much better.