Like Tree3083Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th January 2018, 02:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
My bad if it was that long ago this was news to me man I'm seriously out of touch with the metal scene. Sorry.
Old 29th January 2018, 11:28 PM
Cult Master

So Slayer announced a farewell tour I hope it hits Europe they just announced US dates. What a line up they have Testament Antrhax Behemoth and Lamb Of God.
Old 31st January 2018, 07:18 PM
Cult Master

KISS’s Gene Simmons to release book about rock stars who died aged 27 | Planet Rock

"The book’s synopsis reads: “Why have so many legendary musicians and other celebrities over the decades died at 27 years of age, just when their careers were taking off?

“It takes one to know one and in this book, phenomenally-popular rock god Gene Simmons delves into the many unusual tales associated with the music (and life) stopping at this specific age.”

“Why "27"? Why didn't they die at 26 or 28? Author Gene Simmons, he of Kiss, one of the world's most famous rock bands ever, with over 100 million albums sold, explores all that makes "27" the entertainment world's most mysterious number ever.”"

I'm sure some forum members will comment on this, so let me preempt them:
  • No doubt Gene is going to try and copyright 'dying aged 27'
  • His career died when he was 27
  • I wonder how much he is going to be charging people for a book signing opportunity

In other rock book news,

KK Downing to release memoir ‘Heavy Duty: Days and Nights in Judas Priest’ | Planet Rock

"The book synopsis reads “In Heavy Duty, guitarist KK Downing discusses the complex personality conflicts, the business screw-ups, the acrimonious relationship with fellow heavy metal band Iron Maiden, as well as how Judas Priest found itself at the epicentre of a storm of parental outrage that targeted heavy metal in the 80s.

“He also describes his role in cementing the band's trademark black leather and studs image that would not only become synonymous with the entire genre, but would also give singer Rob Halford a viable outlet by which to express his sexuality.

“Lastly, he recounts the life-changing moment when he looked at his bandmates on stage during a 2010 concert and thought, ‘This is the last show.’ Whatever the topic, whoever's involved, KK doesn't hold back.

“Downing has seen it all and is now finally at a place in his life where he can also let it all go. Even if you're a lifelong fan, if you think you know the full story of Judas Priest, well, you've got another thing coming.”"
bleakshaun likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd February 2018, 06:35 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Machine Head have just gained their highest ever chart placing with Catharsis hitting #12.

Prior to that #13 for The Burning Red back in 99 was their highest.

Quick mention to Phil Campbell and Bastard Sons whose debut album landed at #53.
Rik and bleakshaun like this.
Old 2nd February 2018, 06:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It’s a good album, I haven’t had chance to watch the live dvd yet, but I’ve listened to the album a few times already
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The title track from the new Judas Priest album.

Not impressed at all - very generic and dated.
Old 3rd February 2018, 12:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The title track from the new Judas Priest album.

Not impressed at all - very generic and dated.

Another song that sounds like Dance of Death era Maiden! Never been a huge Priest fan, but I’ve always appreciated them, this is just lazy and generic like you say. I bet if I picked up my guitar, I’d be able to jam along without much effort, which says more about the song than my guitar playing skills
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th February 2018, 12:59 AM
Cult Master

Gotta agree I'm not over the moon with this new priest track
Old 7th February 2018, 09:35 AM
Cult Veteran

This months Metal Hammer issue is focusing on the Woman of Metal! Which is good, more and more bands are being fronted by woman now compared to even just 10 years ago. I'm looking forward to getting some free time after work to have a read.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th February 2018, 10:18 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
This months Metal Hammer issue is focusing on the Woman of Metal! Which is good, more and more bands are being fronted by woman now compared to even just 10 years ago. I'm looking forward to getting some free time after work to have a read.

Classic Rock have done the same thing. I've read all the interviews and thought on the whole they were a waste of time.

At least the cd is female fronted bands which is good. I don't think the Hammer one is.

Nice cover shot though.

Just a thing about Metal Hammer. Why do they always have to have swear words on the cover? It happens every issue be it Machine Head or Nightwish. It's as bad as buying a Shameless dvd when you pass through the check out at Morrisons.
Justin101 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!