All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree398Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th April 2019, 09:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Got a ticket for BIG COUNTRY. Playing just down the road from me.
I've never listened to them since Stuart Adamson died are they any good ?
Playing at Blackburn and I'm in 2 minds to go or not .

Few groups I fancy but we got a lot going on this year so had to knock it on the head , Hopefully moving house and just booked our wedding in Gretna green next year and just paid over a grand deposit, so a lot of saving and cut backs .
Old 6th April 2019, 09:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have not heard or seen them since those times either.
Last time I saw them it was a rocking night so thought I would go again and them being so close, about five minutes down the road!
Old 4th May 2019, 09:13 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Demoncrat and bleakshaun like this.
Old 6th May 2019, 09:26 AM
Cult Veteran

Default The Live Music Thread

Back from London after seeing the legendary Dead Can Dance at the legendary venue Hammersmith Apollo. It was bloody fantastic and every song was just what I wanted to hear, including a load I’d never thought I’d get to hear live, such as early 80s rarity Labour of Love or the sublime Yulunga (The Spirit Dance).

I get the feeling this tour is an ending, billed as a celebration ‘1981-2019’ but I’m happy to have seen them in concert 3 times!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 12th May 2019, 03:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Got myself a ticket for the Manchester gig, I’ve loved Machine Head since Burn My Eyes came out, so I’m super excited to finally see them on the 25th Anniversary Tour of that album with 3/4 of the original line up

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th May 2019, 04:52 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Got myself a ticket for the Manchester gig, I’ve loved Machine Head since Burn My Eyes came out, so I’m super excited to finally see them on the 25th Anniversary Tour of that album with 3/4 of the original line up
I saw them on tour for Burn My Eyes supporting Slayer at Manchester Apollo. They were superb. I and the rest of the crowd could easily have left following their performance and been happy to have seen the new best band on the planet at the time.

Slayer had other ideas though. And they truly had to be at their best to even compete with the power of Machine Head.

If i recall Machine Head ended the UK leg of the tour with their own headline date at Hammersmith Apollo or somewhere similar.

Enjoy the gig, Rik. Those vids they've been releasing of new live in the studio takes of the album have been excellent.
Rik likes this.
Old 12th May 2019, 05:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nice one, it was because they were supporting Slayer that I heard about them, bet that was a right gig!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th May 2019, 10:51 PM
Cult Addict

Back at the hotel room after seeing Interpol, amazing night. The support act was kinda crap
IMG_20190526_223340.jpg
IMG_20190526_223335.jpg
IMG_20190526_211935.jpg
Old 14th June 2019, 02:09 PM
Cult Master

Saw Fleetwood Mac last night Stevie Nicks has some voice didnt realise she was 71. They played for 2 and a half hours didnt take a break. They paid nice tribute to Tom Petty and nice to hear a few Peter Green songs on the set list. Always a shame when you see bands like this and people only know the big hits and when they are not playing them they talk and walk around rather than enjoy the whole experience and that me talking as not a major fan who knows all of their stuff.

Myself and my girlfriend were dying sick after catching a bug the day before the gig but we battled on and he meant the world to her to finally see her favourite band.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 14th June 2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 20th June 2019, 03:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Going to see Skynryd next weekend and booked tickets for Delain next Feb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS-1230x650-lon-c6321c75de.jpg (109.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg delain_news_73.jpg (62.2 KB, 1 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!