Old 15th November 2018, 09:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
The first headline act for Glastonbury 2019 has been announced

Topping the bill on Friday will be grime artist Stormzy
From Doctor Who to Glastonbury in a matter of weeks!
Old 14th December 2018, 08:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

If Steve 'n' Seagulls happen to be playing anywhere remotely near to you... GO AND SEE THEM!!! They are absolutely awesome! You can watch as many Youtube videos of them as you want but that will not give you the slightest whiff of the energy and enthusiasm of the band.

The support was okay if you like wrist-slitty country & western. Mrs troggi liked 'em, I thought they were "meh!" Now where can I buy a hat made out of a badger?

Monster Magnet
Old 15th December 2018, 12:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
If Steve 'n' Seagulls happen to be playing anywhere remotely near to you... GO AND SEE THEM!!! They are absolutely awesome! You can watch as many Youtube videos of them as you want but that will not give you the slightest whiff of the energy and enthusiasm of the band.

The support was okay if you like wrist-slitty country & western. Mrs troggi liked 'em, I thought they were "meh!" Now where can I buy a hat made out of a badger?
I've just had one of those moments. Y' know, when you see something that you've written and think "now, I wonder if I'm the only one that..." So, to explain Steve 'n' Seagulls are from Finland, they play rock and metal covers on accoustic instruments like banjo, double bass and mandolin, they ARE awesome (and that is not a superlative in this case), and one of them wears a hat made out of a badger (great if you have a cold head and need lots of paintbrushes, not so great if you are a supporter of PETA).

p.s. some paintbrushes are made of badger hair (responsibly culled, of course).

p.p.s. I've just thought on, no one can that my tongue is firmly in my cheek, can they?

p.p.p.s. I CAN keep my tongue in my cheek because I don't have to speak the words as I type them anymore. I'm a big boy now.
bleakshaun likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 12th January 2019, 05:29 PM
Cult Master

Some gigs for me this year

Ozzy and Judas Priest on the 30th of this month. This is the third time I have had tickets for Ozzy and he cancelled the first two times so fingers crossed it is third lucky.

Behemoth Wolves In The Throneroom and At The Gates next month as much as I love Behemoth and At The Gates its Wolves I'm most looking forward to seeing live and amazing band.

March and its Hand Zimmer for the third bloody time my girlfriend loves him so what can I do.

June and its off to Fleetwood Mac I'm quite looking forward to this one actually not a massive fan but again the woman loves them so that's good enough for me . It should be a great gig.
Old 12th January 2019, 06:33 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Some gigs for me this year

Ozzy and Judas Priest on the 30th of this month. This is the third time I have had tickets for Ozzy and he cancelled the first two times so fingers crossed it is third lucky
I've stopped counting the number of times I have had a ticket to see Ozzy in my hand, only for him to cancel at the last moment

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th January 2019, 01:01 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I've stopped counting the number of times I have had a ticket to see Ozzy in my hand, only for him to cancel at the last moment
That's why I didn't buy Sabbath tickets last year and low and behold he shows up and they play a great gig.
Old 13th January 2019, 01:11 AM
Cult Master

I'm a big combat sports fan and I subscribe to UFC fight pass for anyone who doesn't know it shows UFC events past and present and UFC related shows plus many of the other combat sports organisations from around the world.

Anyway I was just going through the other organisations and found one where Megadeth were special guests playing live sets in between fights at the venue amazing stuff that I just wasn't aware had ever happened. This is just as amazing as when Motorhead played live when Triple H made his ring walk.

Metal + Fighting = Good Ole Times

220px-Afflicition.jpg
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 19th February 2019, 10:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Ozzy and Judas Priest on the 30th of this month. This is the third time I have had tickets for Ozzy and he cancelled the first two times so fingers crossed it is third lucky.

Ditto! I was looking forward to seeing them together in London - word is that the tour will likely continue at the end of the year now, Nordic. Hopefully Ozzy makes a full recovery soon. It sounded pretty serious. Fingers crossed indeed!

On the plus side, I'm off to see Blue Oyster Cult on Thursday - can't wait! Never seen them live and am so looking forward to it. Have you seen them before, Nordic? A fan? The supporting act seem pretty cool too
Nordicdusk and bleakshaun like this.
Old 20th February 2019, 06:22 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
On the plus side, I'm off to see Blue Oyster Cult on Thursday - can't wait! Never seen them live and am so looking forward to it. Have you seen them before, Nordic? A fan? The supporting act seem pretty cool too
I've seen them twice - 1985 and 1989 - and I thoroughtly enjoyed them both times

The first time I saw them, the opening band were Girlschool
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 20th February 2019, 10:02 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Very cool, Susan! Remember who supported them the second time?

Some band called The Temperance Movement are supporting tomorrow. Never heard of them before but they're pretty good on Spotify.

Got a favourite BOC song? Got to be Godzilla or Joan Crawford for me

Like this? Share it using the links below!