Like Tree398Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2019, 11:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Im the same usually take one pic of each band and film 1 minute of each band and the phone is away for the night. May i add thats a mighty fine beard you got there
Ha ha, needs a trim tbh
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 5th November 2019, 06:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Ha ha, needs a trim tbh
At least yours looks more maintained than mine

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 1st April 2020, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As there is an absolute dearth of live entertainment at the moment it's good to know that some of our best loved celebs are giving us the "LIVE" treatment from their homes. Last Saturday at 20:00, or 8pm if you prefer, the great John Otway gave us a brief concert from his living room. He liked the response so much that he is doing an encore this coming Saturday at 20:00, or 8pm if you prefer!

Find out more here: https://www.facebook.com/JohnOtwayOfficial/
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 2nd April 2020, 05:17 AM
Cult Master

John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett were one of the first live acts I ever saw, way back in 1980
Demoncrat and troggi like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 2nd April 2020, 08:04 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

If you all fancy seeing John Otway, he's playing at our place with Wilko Johnson, but his May gig has been pushed back to Feb 2021!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 2nd April 2020, 10:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
John Otway and Wild Willy Barrett were one of the first live acts I ever saw, way back in 1980
The last time we saw him was at the "Railway Club" in Fratton. He'd made himself a "hands-free" mic holder out of 2 wire coat-hangers and, during his frantic gyrating, he'd hit himself in the mouth and split his lip. Like a trooper he carried on regardless and his clean white shirt ended up covered in blood. If anyone would like to see this strange, comedic, genius sing deep and meaningless songs then they should log onto his facebook page on Saturday night at 20:00 or 8pm if you prefer.
Demoncrat and Susan Foreman like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 2nd April 2020, 11:11 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
The last time we saw him was at the "Railway Club" in Fratton. He'd made himself a "hands-free" mic holder out of 2 wire coat-hangers and, during his frantic gyrating, he'd hit himself in the mouth and split his lip. Like a trooper he carried on regardless and his clean white shirt ended up covered in blood.
Headbutts
Demoncrat and troggi like this.

Old 4th April 2020, 11:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
If you all fancy seeing John Otway, he's playing at our place with Wilko Johnson, but his May gig has been pushed back to Feb 2021!
He's on the bill with Wilko & Co. in Pompey too. Pushed way out to Feb here too.
Justin101 likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 16th April 2020, 10:11 AM
Cult Master

hennemusic: Pink Floyd to stream full concert videos during pandemic

"Pink Floyd will launch a weekly series of full concert videos on YouTube during the current global coronavirus pandemic starting April 17.

According to Forbes, the iconic UK outfit – who has long been showing short-form videos from its archives every Friday at 12 p.m. ET – will begin streaming full concert films starting this week with “Pulse”, a 1994 recording filmed at the now-demolished venue of Earls Court in London, UK during The Division Bell Tour.

“We'd like to wish you all the best, and hope that you and your families are staying safe and well in these difficult times,” shared Pink Floyd on social media. “We will continue to post as normal to hopefully give you some interesting and diverting images, music and video to help us all get through this.”

Formed in London in 1965, Pink Floyd went on to sell more than 250 million albums worldwide, with 1973’s “The Dark Side Of The Moon” among the best-selling records of all time at 45 million copies, while 1979’s “The Wall” sold more than 30 million sets.

Inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1996 and the UK Music Hall Of Fame in 2005, Pink Floyd released their final album, “The Endless River”, in 2014."

Old 14th May 2020, 03:37 PM
Cult Master

Queen to stream Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for coronavirus relief | Planet Rock

"Queen are streaming the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in its glorious entirety to raise money for coronavirus relief.

The legendary band and Eagle Rock Entertainment have joined forces with The Mercury Phoenix Trust for the very special stream, which takes place on Queen’s YouTube channel at 7pm this Friday (15th May). It will be available to watch online for a further two days after the premiere.

Those watching the stream who can afford it can make a donation to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for the World Health Organization if they wish. Google.org is matching $2 for every $1 donated.

After Freddie Mercury’s tragic death in November 1991 at the age of just 45, his friends and bandmates - Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor - organised The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert to celebrate his life, with many of Freddie's friends and fellow performers taking to the stage at Wembley Stadium on 20th April 1992.

Those who performed their own sets at the 72,000-capacity concert included Metallica, Extreme, Def Leppard, Spinal Tap and Guns N’ Roses.

Queen’s Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor also performed collaborations with a diverse array of artists including Joe Elliott, Slash, Axl Rose, Tony Iommi, Roger Daltrey, James Hetfield, Robert Plant, David Bowie, Ian Hunter, Mick Ronson, Phil Collen, George Michael, Annie Lennox and Elton John.

The benefit concert raised funds for the launch of The Mercury Phoenix Trust charity and it was the last large scale live event John Deacon performed with Queen"
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!